It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavily Armed White Man Arrested Alive After Shooting at Police Officer

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: YukonJuan
a reply to: shredderofsouls

Went out of their way to keep this suspect alive

White privilege. If he had been black or brown we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Yeah, a white man shoots at police officers, he gets arrested unharmed.

A black man shoots at police officers, he gets blown up with a bomb.

Hmm...anyone see a problem with this?

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I posted this in another thread, but clearly it needs to be restated. More whites are killed by cops than blacks are.

www.washingtonpost.com...

I can't believe we've come to the point where we(or the OP anyways) are DISAPPOINTED that the guy WASN'T killed.

White people also make up over 63% of the population while blacks make up only about 12%.

So it stands to reason that more white people would be killed by cops than black people as they outnumber blacks more than 4 to 1.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Quick someone open a thread asking "What will the ALM movement do now"

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: shredderofsouls
Well this doesn't help the situation regarding the other two shootings. Went out of their way to keep this suspect alive, so what would the excuses be now?

One thing to remember is America is huge. There are parts of America that might as well be a different country as to where I live. Parts of America due to the social issues basically would be a death by cop situations. Many other places it would be lets talk about it situation. This is not a black vs white issue, it is a social issue depending on where you choose to live.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

So it stands to reason that more white people would be killed by cops than black people as they outnumber blacks more than 4 to 1.

If all was equal, do you think all social situations are equal? Is Watts social issues the same as some hick town? Cops will respond to the level they are faced with on a daily bases. The problem is where blacks are a majorly are not very nice places to live, so how do you expect cops to react? I'm saying this from a person that sees a serious issue with how fast cops decided to pull the trigger, but the social problems truly helps drive this issue.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

No, of course all situations aren't equal. That's what I'm getting at actually.

Just saying that more white people are killed by cops means pretty much nothing. There are more variables to consider than that and just that one statement alone being used like it is, is totally misleading since it doesn't even account for the difference in population being a factor.

People throw around stats all the time and it's usually in some form of propaganda or bias when they do. It's like when someone throws out that More Blacks are killed by other Blacks. But what's not ever mentioned is that Whites kill the most Whites too. Racially speaking, we murder the people we're around most and most people are around the same race most of the time.

What I'm saying is that whatever the point behind saying "White Cops kill White people most" needs to be made more clear and just that one statement alone doesn't prove anything. Statistics are just raw data and they have no conclusions on their own. But if you get enough raw data which is corresponding and showing some clear patterns, then you might be able to come to some interesting and truthful conclusions. But you can't do that with just one piece of data alone.

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: FaunaOrFlora

You're showing your hand - your self-righteousness..

Yes, it's such a shame so few people have empathy. But you do have empathy don't you? You're one of the special beautiful ones aren't you? You have bravely seen through the racism of the modern age, you haven't just been conditioned by culturally Marxist professors and their sadomasochistic ideology? No.... that could never happen. An ideology that thrives on self-congratulation and self-righteous indignation? That could never become popular.

It's not a problem with our empathy, it's a problem with your lack of reason and your emotionally driven narrative.

And correct me if I'm wrong but they actually do have 3 of the Dallas shooting suspects in custody right now. That usually means they're alive and well.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   

But you can't do that with just one piece of data alone.

So we take a city like Chicago that in a weekend 100 people can be killed that is all black on black, in a weekend, what does that mean? This is why my world and Chicago world might as well be two different countries. Most of these cases are high crime areas so what does one expect cops should act like when they deal with true low lifes everyday of the week. Even if the area is mostly black to me it is still not a color issue, more a social issue as to why the cops act as they do.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

And correct me if I'm wrong but they actually do have 3 of the Dallas shooting suspects in custody right now. That usually means they're alive and well.

That's strange i thought the latest was there was only 1 shooter and he is now deceased

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

A lot of chaos and confusion.. seems things have settled down now.

They had 3 suspects in custody. Either that or the media was lying.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   

I posted this in another thread, but clearly it needs to be restated. More whites are killed by cops than blacks are.

I can't believe we've come to the point where we(or the OP anyways) are DISAPPOINTED that the guy WASN'T killed.

White people also make up over 63% of the population while blacks make up only about 12%.

infogr.am...

originally posted by: AMPTAH

White privilege. If he had been black or brown we wouldn't be having this discussion.

These are the same cops that blew up that black shooter with a bomb?

Wow, those cops relocated quick.

posted on Jul, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: VivreLibre

infogr.am...

originally posted by: AMPTAH

These are the same cops that blew up that black shooter with a bomb?

Wow, those cops relocated quick.

the right to stand trial before a judge for your crimes last I checked was not at state level, isn't it all across the US... for everyone?
no matter what state or police force
edit on 9-7-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join