It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Shoot White Guy in Fresno; Nobody Pays Attention

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
www.dailywire.com... 2316-news&utm_campaign=benshapiro

mehow, the shooting of an unarmed white man by police isn’t drawing any attention from the mainstream media.

Unlike the shootings of Philando Castile and Alton Sterling, which have created yet another firestorm complete with accusations of police racism, the media is ignoring the death of Dylan Noble, a 19-year-old white man, on June 25.

According to Fresno police, they responded to a report that a man was walking around with a rifle. Spotting a speeding truck, they tried to accost the driver, Noble. Instead, he fled and led the police on a half-mile chase.

Noble finally entered a gas station parking lot; police asserted he kept his hands hidden, and made a "conscious effort to conceal one hand behind his back, then in his waistband, as he exited the truck, and walked away from officers," according to a press release from Fresno police.

Police said Noble muttered that he "hated his life," reversed direction and walked back toward the police, prompting them to shoot him four times.

A witness standing roughly 100 feet away videotaped the incident for 26 seconds; the video shows two shots being fired. ABC 7 reported, “Noble appears to already be on the ground near or underneath his truck. There was a 14 second gap in between the two shots in the video.” Police body cameras also filmed the incident, but the department will not release it to the public as yet.

[B]A further investigation revealed Noble was unarmed.[/B]

I'm just posting this as further proof our media is only interested in advancing a narrative that continues to further divide the country. The fact is, more white people are shot by cops than black people and the fact they're unarmed never seems to be an issue.

I for one believe we do have a problem with our police, but it's a problem for us all not just black people.

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

You said it

I'm just posting this as further proof our media is only interested in advancing a narrative that continues to further divide the country.

Thanks for bringing this to the boards on ATS. We can't let the media continue to turn us against each other!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
its all about what sells, what generates views, what boosts marketing and advertisements.

its not the cause of the actions nor the effect of the actions; its about what sells.

its the product of all of our natural tendencies to liken provocative stories. the results are the same no matter what the context is. (here its unfortunately dead people and skin color).

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

According to Fresno police, they responded to a report that a man was walking around with a rifle. Spotting a speeding truck, they tried to accost the driver, Noble. Instead, he fled and led the police on a half-mile chase.

Police said Noble muttered that he "hated his life," reversed direction and walked back toward the police, prompting them to shoot him four times. A witness standing roughly 100 feet away videotaped the incident for 26 seconds; the video shows two shots being fired. ABC 7 reported, “Noble appears to already be on the ground near or underneath his truck. There was a 14 second gap in between the two shots in the video.” Police body cameras also filmed the incident, but the department will not release it to the public as yet.

Maybe because suicide by cop is a mental health issue and not a police brutality issue????

Or is that too much real life dissection of the OP for ya? Whats telling to me is the need to try and further the race card on ATS by saying the world is only caring about black people getting shot and killed by police brutality. Even further illuminated if you ACTUALLY READ WHAT HAPPENED

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
He deserved it he's white.

I haven't forgotten about the Native Americans yet you know.

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
They also hesitate to mention black men are much more likely to be killed by other black men than by cops. Black lives only matter depending on who's ending them.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   

The fact is, more white people are shot by cops than black people

Proof?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: HarrryHendew

We are a 69% majority in this country is it really a surprise that we are shot at double the amount?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: HarrryHendew

The fact is, more white people are shot by cops than black people

Proof?

www.washingtontimes.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: HarrryHendew

990 people shot by police in 2015.
White 494
Black 258
Hispanic 172
Other 38
Unknown 28
Source

I seen another better source in another thread a couple days ago but I'm unable to find it at the moment.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
How petty to try to take focus away from a systemic, endemic condition with a feeble attempt at comparing the two issues.

"Have you ever clutched the steering wheel Of ur car 2 tight prayin that the police sirens pass you by at night?" ~Prince

Some people just really don't understand because they don't want to.

They have become desensitized to the plight of those whose voices are not being heard.

That or they just really don't want to admit to any culpability, intentional or not, to the condition.

#BlackLivesMatter

edit on 7/7/2016 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Yay, a safe way to express dog whistle racism... sigh... poor excluded white folks!

The way I see it, most white folks getting shot are acting out, while most people of color getting harassed or killed by police are attempting to quietly live their lives. They are scared of police for a very good, long standing reason that doesn't have a thing to do with illegal activity.

Most white folks either studiously ignore institutional racism or are blissfully ignorant of it.. .so drawing attention to it might help society in the long run...

that or waiting for the racists to die, but as they pass the ideas to their kids, that could be a long wait.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

Seems like everyone wants to cry wolf these days.

When everyone is crying wolf at everything it's hard to tell who telling the truth. Maybe if everyone stopped acting like victims in the US all the time we could actually pay attention to people who really need it.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

They are scared of police for a very good, long standing reason that doesn't have a thing to do with illegal activity.

Everyone is always so good and innocent. Like Hillary Clinton.

No one ever does anything bad. There isn't serious gang problems in low income minority neighborhoods. Nope.

There is racism but there is culpability as well.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Cops Shoot White Guy in Fresno; Nobody Pays Attention

To be fair , a black guy kills a black guy and nobody cares either from what it appears

edit on 07731America/ChicagoThu, 07 Jul 2016 16:07:43 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   
More whites are shot than black by cops(and killed) including in unarmed cases. This "It's because we're black" BS is just that, BS. The quote is from the television news, the girlfriend of the recently shot black.

www.washingtonpost.com...

Black Lives Don't Matter, not more than anyone elses.
edit on 7-7-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Someday, maybe, you'll attempt to walk in others' shoes for a few steps ... or maybe just think past your own, ingrained knee jerk reaction.

I, for one, am eagerly awaiting that day.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Of course I'm having a knee jerk reaction. I'm probably stupid too considering I don't agree with you, right?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

The only reason media covers the shooting of a black person by law enforcement is because black communities have had enough of the criminal justice system meeting their quotas through them and people now protest. Maybe people who are upset by the killing of this man should try that.

Also as far as media narratives go how come every time a black person is killed by police the media immediately goes into character assassination mode but when white people do bad things and get arrested all the media is what a good person they were and lists all their good deeds before they did a bad thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Another "don't forget us white people" thread followed by "black lives matter responses". Is it that time of the day already? Gotta re-syncronise my watch it seems.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join