It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Shoot White Guy in Fresno; Nobody Pays Attention

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

I care about any unjust shooting by police on any person, regardless of skin color/religious beliefs/etc...

But, food for thought..

Washington Post

509 people have been killed by fatal force by police in 2016. Of those, 235 (white), 122 (African American).. Obviously, each scenario carries its own narrative, so it's never apples to apples, but its crazy to think how many people have died by fatal force in this country this year... Are we that violent, violent to the point we need to be put down vs rehabilitated? We seriously live in some odd times.... From politics to this..

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74
Maybe cos that doesn't happen.....
Character assassinations of gang bangers and street thugs maybe, whilst the white counterparts have family photos from when they were young.

Another victim response.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ignorance is not stupidity... though willful ignorance might well be.

Your position is more likely framed by alienation and a general self pitying hostility you externalize, instead of looking inward... it's very common and we all do it. The trick is identifying it and changing it... if you feel it should change.

Putting words in others' mouths in another symptom... called "transference."

I really don't know you well enough to judge, though I'm smart enough to start with myself if doing any "judging"... once one works on their own mind, other people magically seem less hostile... it's weird.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Baddogma

Your position is more likely framed by alienation and a general self pitying hostility you externalize, instead of looking inward... it's very common and we all do it. The trick is identifying it and changing it... if you feel it should change.

Ohhhhh, I don't agree with you so I have self pity. Yeah right I need to look inward I forgot.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
Has to be start from scratch unfortunately. Out of those fatal deaths how many were gun related? 99%? 99.9%?99.999%.?. I won't turn this into another anti gun thread but any one with objective eyes will know the cause of these deaths. Tasers would not produce the same fatality count. Saying stuff like it's a deeper society problem is obvious and also pointless.

Do what doctors do. Identify the symptoms to help tackle the cause.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

The fact that you accuse people of crying wolf proves you don't have a real clue.

The way a person feels inside because of their race, their experiences, and the path they walk is very real.

And that's why it is a race issue. And why people are sensitive about it.

Crying wolf is a ridiculous accusation.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Did you some how miss that he was unarmed?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

that or waiting for the racists to die, but as they pass the ideas to their kids, that could be a long wait.

Black people are responsible for more crime (per capita) than all the other groups combined. Your white boogyman is not to blame.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 04:49 PM
link   
This guy clearly committed suicide..the end.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Given the responses here and little mention elsewhere...

Maybe black people just care more about getting murdered by the police.

If nobody makes a fuss about the numerous 'suicide by cop' and excuse it like this thread... well, what do you expect?
edit on 17Thu, 07 Jul 2016 17:10:51 -0500America/ChicagovAmerica/Chicago7 by Greven because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I feel like every week I read about Fresno PD shooting & killing someone. They have seriously got to be one of the most corrupt departments in the country.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:02 PM
link   

police asserted he kept his hands hidden, and made a "conscious effort to conceal one hand behind his back, then in his waistband, as he exited the truck, and walked away from officers

While a lot of unarmed white people do get shot by police I don't think this is a typical text book case due to the quote above^. There was a certain amount of risk here with the man not showing his hands.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Black people are responsible for more crime (per capita) than all the other groups combined. Your white boogyman is not to blame.

Huh, guess I missed that... maybe point to that statistic? If that is accurate, then oh well and good thing many of our police shoot first, think later... better dead folks than allowing someone to live who might commit some crime, someday, due to their dna...

and, of course, any skewed statistics are not based on any nuanced contextual issues, like deep seated institutional racism, or proven cognitive bias ...

and of course, this deep seated racism isn't demonstrated by this topic itself, and any societal criminality that might be tied to a group has nothing to do with nuanced historical factors dealing with oppression, alienation, education and economic factors, and has everything to do with race itself (sarcasm- sadly, I felt I had to clarify that)

Oh, and I don't have boogeymen of any particular skin color ... I find idiots come in all colors. (no sarcasm there)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Applying critical thought will allow one to understand why this particular case went unreported in the media. This case appears to be suicide by cop...

The fact is, more white people are shot by cops than black people and the fact they're unarmed never seems to be an issue.

It should be an issue. However, you should take into account percentages and/or ratios of white vs. black being killed and shot by cops in the States along with the details of each case to understand the complete picture. Until you do so, you will not realize how cartoon your above words are...

I'm just posting this as further proof our media is only interested in advancing a narrative...

That is what media has always been employed to do - paint a narrative. It is called "propaganda". Nothing new here.

...that continues to further divide the country.

I didn't think America can be further divided than it already is. Just take a look at the boards on this site alone to get a glimpse.

I for one believe we do have a problem with our police, but it's a problem for us all not just black people.

I agree. I like to believe the rest of the world and most Americans agree with this observation as well. However, the title of this thread furthers the division, adds fuel to the fire, and contradicts your intention or reason for posting...

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

How is this guy dismissable as suicide by cop, but black guys fighting cops as they're being arrested isn't?

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma

Huh, guess I missed that... maybe point to that statistic? If that is accurate, then oh well and good thing many of our police shoot first, think later... better dead folks than allowing someone to live who might commit some crime, someday, due to their dna...

I dont think it's DNA or genetic or anything like that. I think it's culture.

The analysis

blogs.channel4.com...
It’s true that around 13 per cent of Americans are black, according to the latest estimates from the US Census Bureau.

And yes, according to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, black offenders committed 52 per cent of homicides recorded in the data between 1980 and 2008. Only 45 per cent of the offenders were white. Homicide is a broader category than “murder” but let’s not split hairs.

Blacks were disproportionately likely to commit homicide and to be the victims. In 2008 the offending rate for blacks was seven times higher than for whites and the victimization rate was six times higher.

As we found yesterday, 93 per cent of black victims were killed by blacks and 84 per cent of white victims were killed by whites.

Alternative statistics from the FBI are more up to date but include many crimes where the killer’s race is not recorded. These numbers tell a similar story.

In 2013, the FBI has black criminals carrying out 38 per cent of murders, compared to 31.1 per cent for whites. The offender’s race was “unknown” in 29.1 per cent of cases.

What about violent crime more generally? FBI arrest rates are one way into this. Over the last three years of data – 2011 to 2013 – 38.5 per cent of people arrested for murder, manslaughter, rape, robbery, and aggravated assault were black.

Clearly, these figures are problematic. We’re talking about arrests not convictions, and high black arrest rates could be taken as evidence that the police are racist.

Police corral protesters before making mass arrests in Los Angeles, following Monday's grand jury decision in the shooting of Brown

But academics have noted that the proportion of black suspects arrested by the police tends to match closely the proportion of offenders identified as black by victims in the National Crime Victimization Survey.

This doesn’t support the idea that the police are unfairly discriminating against the black population when they make arrests.

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   

How is this guy dismissable as suicide by cop...?

This member highlighted why it appears to be suicide by a cop.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

but black guys fighting cops as they're being arrested isn't?

That is correct. Again, applying critical thought "should" allow one to sort the difference out...

edit on 7-7-2016 by Involutionist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
They also hesitate to mention black men are much more likely to be killed by other black men than by cops. Black lives only matter depending on who's ending them.

Most white men are killed by other white men too so I don't see why they would have to mention it. One of the cops who recently shot the black guy for reaching for his wallet was Asian and not white or black so mentioning this statistic isn't needed.
edit on 7-7-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

What are you implying here?

That White Lives Matter?

You racist bastard.

Try to keep up, pal.

It's only tragic if they're black.
edit on 7-7-2016 by Urantia1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2016 @ 03:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: ~Lucidity

The fact that you accuse people of crying wolf proves you don't have a real clue.

The way a person feels inside because of their race, their experiences, and the path they walk is very real.

And that's why it is a race issue. And why people are sensitive about it.

Crying wolf is a ridiculous accusation.

Crying Wolf... when did he say that?

What he said was a white guy got shot, and it's not making the news. That's what he said.

Was that statement untrue? No, it wasn't.

Which is part of the issue... ALL lives matter.

This kid, it's not even shown that he had a weapon. Now don't get me wrong, he sure acted like he did from the description. But no where that I saw did it ever say the Officers KNEW he was Armed.

Yet he was shot dead.

If he was Black, it would be a National Head Line... but he's not.

You don't see a problem with that? Does it matter what color the person was that a Cop wrongfully killed? Or does it matter that a Cop wrongfully killed?

If we stop ALL Wrongful Killings by Cops... sort of fixes the Blacks Wrongfully Killed by Cops issue... no?

Sort of like the 3 Dead in Chicago over the 4th of July. Not in the news. Why? They were Black... and killed by Blacks. So no issue there, nothing to see, keep moving a long.

You don't find ALL of these Deaths equally wrong?

If not, what the # is wrong with you?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join