It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is insane!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:01 PM
link   
ankara.usembassy.gov...

What is wrong with people ... it was already tragic enough .... did it need help to make it seem worse. This is a mockery to all the families of the people lost, and even to the people who were lost .....

I am disgusted.

*Z*

[edit on 1/17/2005 by Zerinity]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:03 PM
link   
ignorance rules the world, unfortunately.

The sad thing is that they even had to publish that. Historians will someday shake their heads at the level of creduality in the "information age."

[edit on 17-1-2005 by HowardRoark]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Propaganda is propaganda.

We are rife with it from all sides.

It's similar to the kind of thing that led many Americans to believe that the hijackers responsible for 9/11 were Iraqis.

What's the solution?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Interesting.

Several Turkish newspapers – most notably “Star,” “Yeni Safak,” and “Sabah” -- have run irresponsible stories and columns in recent days that make outrageous and completely fictitious claims about the United States related to the tragic December 26 earthquake and tsunamis in Asia.

Anobody here have access to a paper copy of the printed stories (electronic too easy to mess with)? or maybe know of relatives that can verify this?

It sounds like these newspapers have been reading the ATS website to me. If you are so offended by this then ATS must also offend.

The fact that a US embassy has sought fit to acknowledge these stories by publishing a reply lends them a credibility so that they can be knocked down. A straw man if you will.

While I would not take the "conspiracy theories" at face value I certainly do not take "official" government denials at face value either.

For the record, I believe that the events were natural.

I also believe that HAARP is dangerous as is any other kind of military "research" pushing the boundaries of science.

The article had a "methinks thou protests too much" kind of feel to it.

That's my take anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Q: Let me ask you specifically about last week's scare here in Washington, and what we might have learned from how prepared we are to deal with that (inaudible), at B'nai Brith.

A: Well, it points out the nature of the threat. It turned out to be a false threat under the circumstances. But as we've learned in the intelligence community, we had something called -- and we have James Woolsey here to perhaps even address this question about phantom moles. The mere fear that there is a mole within an agency can set off a chain reaction and a hunt for that particular mole which can paralyze the agency for weeks and months and years even, in a search. The same thing is true about just the false scare of a threat of using some kind of a chemical weapon or a biological one. There are some reports, for example, that some countries have been trying to construct something like an Ebola Virus, and that would be a very dangerous phenomenon, to say the least. Alvin Toeffler has written about this in terms of some scientists in their laboratories trying to devise certain types of pathogens that would be ethnic specific so that they could just eliminate certain ethnic groups and races; and others are designing some sort of engineering, some sort of insects that can destroy specific crops. Others are engaging even in an eco- type of terrorism whereby they can alter the climate, set off earthquakes, volcanoes remotely through the use of electromagnetic waves.

DoD News Briefing Secretary of Defense William S. Cohen Monday, April 28, 1997 - 8:45 a.m. EDT

Comment: It is no wonder when you line up published credible sources especially such as the DOD itself, that such wild "conspiracy theories," adopt an air of plausibility. The exact nature of the wording of such things in a world of disinformation, too easily allows people to dismiss what is in fact possible in our current events. One can plant weak "proofs," and debunk anything? Well there you have it, the earthquake in fact could have been triggered by such weapons as SecDef Cohen speaks. Who did such an thing is highly speculative, especially regarding natural events. One thing though is the lack of substantial aftershocks as to be expected in a natural earthquake. Nuclear weapons of course can set off the above "electromagnetic waves." Well there you go.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:38 PM
link   
WHat do you expect. Their country is named after a big fat ugly bird we all eat on Thanksgiving. They are full of bird.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ritual
WHat do you expect. Their country is named after a big fat ugly bird we all eat on Thanksgiving. They are full of bird.

Can you tell me what this added to the debate?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:56 PM
link   
That their country is named Turkey.

Do you know what a Turkey is?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 10:58 PM
link   
The technology to create such natural disasters does exist.
The question is, was this particular tsunami caused by the US or rogue elements in the US using that technology.
There has been talk running around some intelligence circles for a couple of weeks that this was done. The problem is that there are several stories kicking around on how it was/might have been done and we might never know the truth.
I don't consider it irresponsible for someone in someone's press to pick up on it and report it.

Such an action would be insane but people do insane things all the time and power tends to dampen the controls on insane behaviour. How much insanity will it take before humanity wakes up and collectively says "enough!"?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
If Ritual has the intellectual horsepower to show how the country's name is connected with a poultry fowl, perhaps he could be forgiven.

Unfortunately, the bird is (loosely) named after the country.

And there are turkeys located in just about every country. Some are killed for Thanksgiving. Some live on, behaving as turkeys do.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:01 PM
link   

That their country is named Turkey.

Do you know what a Turkey is?

How does that have anything to do with the debate? Would it make a difference if the country had another name? Or is this just some more Middle East Bashing?

I suggest you stick to topic or U2U me if you wish to continue.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Turkeys (the birds) are found only in the New World, Turkey (the country) is named after the people there, the Turks. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:06 PM
link   
The topic was Turkey was accusing the US of causing the disaster in the Indian Ocean.

I said what do you expect, their name is Turkey, they are full of it.

Did they prove a single thing? No. Did they have any military intelligence like photgraphs, seismic readings, anything to show that maybe the US had an underwater base in this area? No.

They just let their newspapers spit out stories like the tabloids.

Which is back to my point. Their country is named Turkey.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by djohnsto77
Turkeys (the birds) are found only in the New World, Turkey (the country) is named after the people there, the Turks. They have absolutely nothing to do with each other.

A turkey is not called a turkeys.

Turkeys = more then one turkey.

Turkey = a bird.

Turk = Someone from Turkey.

There were Turkeys long before there were Turks.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think there's plenty to criticize Turkey for from this press release without resorting to making fun of the name of the country.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:13 PM
link   

I said what do you expect, their name is Turkey, they are full of it.

Which is back to my point. Their country is named Turkey.

The name of there country has nothing to do with the debate. Onel last time if you wish to discuss this U2U me, otherwise stivk to the topic which is NOT the name of the country

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Are you the only one who can be privelaged with this discussion?

No.

I made a point to this thread, if you cant live with it, too bad. If you dont understand its meaning, not my problem.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:42 PM
link   
When you are on top people will always try to knock you down. It is alarming to me though, that twenty years ago we would have been looked upon to be the saviors in the wake of this disaster but now we are accused of causing it. What the hell happened in such a short time?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
When you are on top people will always try to knock you down. It is alarming to me though, that twenty years ago we would have been looked upon to be the saviors in the wake of this disaster but now we are accused of causing it. What the hell happened in such a short time?

I don't think the U.S. would have ever (post-WWII) been looked on as saviors for anything. Countries who needed to be allied with us more heavily due to the Soviet threat probably muted their criticism of the U.S. though during the cold war.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I agree djohnsto77, but I distinctly remember countries that now "fear" America once welcomed us with open arms. It seems that without an evil empire (the Soviet Union) for the world to focus thier energy on we now stand alone. I guess during the cold war, the world considered us the lesser of two evils but now we have become, to them, the one problem causing the earths woes.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join