It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London will leave he UK, and probably Scotland too.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   
It would be good if London just cut the ties with the rest of the EU. Not like it's doing them any good. Such a waste of time, money and effort.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
About ridiculous as the Orkney's and Shetland's leaving Scotland...Now there was a classic.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
a reply to: Cinrad
At least that island is surrounded by enough water, so if it burns soon, it should not be that big problem for the rest of the world...

Yah, haha, its easy to leave the EU when you're an Island. Me thinks they just want to leave the trouble on the other side of the channel, only reaping the benifts, not the burden.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Yah, haha, its easy to leave the EU when you're an Island. Me thinks they just want to leave the trouble on the other side of the channel, only reaping the benifts, not the burden.

That seems a perfectly sensible plan to me. Do you not agree?

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
At least that island is surrounded by enough water, so if it burns soon, it should not be that big problem for the rest of the world...

Yah, haha, its easy to leave the EU when you're an Island. Me thinks they just want to leave the trouble on the other side of the channel, only reaping the benefits, not the burden.

Edit to add: The crown has always excelled at that.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   

edit on 3-7-2016 by intrptr because: double post

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

That seems a perfectly sensible plan to me. Do you not agree?

Having browser trouble this am, sorry for the repetition.

You live there, have your cake and eat it too. Hide that behind the 'will of the people' in a referendum.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   

You live there, have your cake and eat it too. Hide that behind the 'will of the people' in a referendum.

No worries, I guessed a glitch.

I'll always be happy to have my cake and eat it in life, every time.
Can't remember the last time that actually happened though lol
What will be will be, I'll still get up to work every day and British summer will still be crap weather.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
a reply to: grainofsand

We'll keep the economy going, even if the Tories have abdicated their responsibilities.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Cobaltic1978

Meh, Tory/Labour government not much changes in these parts either way.
We make hay when the sun shines and tourists are here, save a bit of cash to get through winter, rinse and repeat lol
It'll be interesting to see how watered down 'Brexit' will be though, probably same same but different in name and legal status.
Ah well...tourist season now so I don't really give a #

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Glad I didn't vote for these spineless slag Tories who've shirked their responsibility like the cowards they are.

War Miliband.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   

No worries, I guessed a glitch.

I'll always be happy to have my cake and eat it in life, every time.
Can't remember the last time that actually happened though lol
What will be will be, I'll still get up to work every day and British summer will still be crap weather.

Basically were I am there isn't no cake , because the jobs that paid money to EAT CAKE have been moved to Poland .
Also the jobs that are here are cheap labour jobs taken by the migrants so the wages ain't rising .
Add on the fact of all cuts lately to our everyday services .

= there is no cake !
All our , great grandads and grandmas and there Mam and dads grafted for this UK and it's getting stripped before our eyes and yes I'm pissed off !

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   

'll always be happy to have my cake and eat it in life, every time.

Thats not what that means. You can either have the cake or eat it, not both.

Edit: In that regard, you can either be member or a spectator, not both.

The world catches on to a slacker that only shows up when cake is being served.

Obviously I don't mean you or other members from across the pond.
edit on 3-7-2016 by intrptr because: Edit:

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Denoli

I've been self employed for years fella, there is plenty of cake out there just gotta chase it.
You are of course correct though that Eastern Europeans especially have driven down job rates, and in the self employed building/construction world there ain't no minimum wage so it's perfectly legal.
We don't need tens of thousands of un/semi skilled labourers in the UK, but the left/Corbyn will tell you otherwise of course.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That's true.
Also, the benefits system in the UK was never intended to be a prop for countries with failed economies.

You cannot simply export your unemployed and expect the receiving country to be pleased about it.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:36 AM
link   

a reply to: Denoli

I've been self employed for years fella, there is plenty of cake out there just gotta chase it.
You are of course correct though that Eastern Europeans especially have driven down job rates, and in the self employed building/construction world there ain't no minimum wage so it's perfectly legal.
We don't need tens of thousands of un/semi skilled labourers in the UK, but the left/Corbyn will tell you otherwise of course.

Great if your self employed in certain areas ,
My cousins a bricky and earning a mint .

But they ain't taking on apprentices guess why ?

Plus my circumstances ain't great has got made redundant and the moved the factory to guess we're ?
edit on 3-7-2016 by Denoli because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   
How could London possibly leave the UK, The Royal Family are right there The Parliament Buildings are there, Not going to happen, just more PC wishful thinking.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Scotland may leave the UK, but it's got nothing to do with the EU.

Sturgeon, representing the SNP, is using the referendum results as an excuse to push for another Indyref, that's all.

The SNP want to break away from the UK, and they would still want to do that even if the UK voted to remain in the EU.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
But they ain't taking on apprentices guess why ?

Because an Eastern European will labour for fifty quid a day, the youngsters can't get on the bottom rung of the ladder with that competition.

Plus my circumstances ain't great has got made redundant and the moved the factory to guess we're ?

Eastern Europe perhaps? Cheap as # wages there.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 12:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SprocketUK

originally posted by: gortex

but is it possible, just the square mile which is a separate entity to the rest of country already?

I don't see how it could be possible for a small part of a country to remain while the rest leaves , the constitutional issues alone would stop it happening I believe.

Not to mention the fact that the vast majority who work there live outside and would thus be subject to border checks etc twice a day.

Reminds me of the old Ealing Film " Passport To Pimlico "

edit on 3-7-2016 by alldaylong because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join