It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jerry Brown acted on sweeping gun control bills

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
a reply to: rockintitz

They'll blame the crimes on the fact that gun control isn't quite strong enough and push to pass more. It's what they always do

They already did speaking to gun control in Nevada and Arizona as being a problem

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Why anyone would want to still live there is beyond me....

I get that selling a house is tough... but at some point we will all have to chose between not making waves and standing your ground.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:18 PM
link   
As a Californian these new bills disturb me.

Is it legal to go to Nevada buy a S ton of ammo and bring it back? Will they not sell in nevada ammo to out of state civilians? Cause if they do sell to out of state civilians I think me and a bunch of my friends will be making a road trip.

These new bills are bs.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Im a Californian and ill be one to admit this state is f-ed up.

My family just moved to south Carolina. Im seriously and strongly considering moving too within the year.

Sickening the bs that happens in California these days.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
One would think that California has enough to worry about with the drought and the wildfires and such. Though somehow firearms and more restrictions take priority for the failed state government. It really is amazing just how much of a disconnect there is when bigger and more pressing matters are knocking at their door.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   
And this is the same Jerry Brown that took his dad's legislation for new and better water reservoirs off the table for political gain? Now Cali is crying they dont have enough water, That Jerry Brown ?

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
As a Californian these new bills disturb me.

Is it legal to go to Nevada buy a S ton of ammo and bring it back? Will they not sell in nevada ammo to out of state

Its not clear that this will impact online or retail sales from out of state and it seems pretty unenforceable if I go Reno and load up. That being said they have those fruit stations on most major highways so it would not be that hard to ask if you are bringing ammo with you if thats a catch

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

I thought databases on people were bad.

I guess it only applies to law-abiding gun owners.

USSA

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Excellent move California. What are criminals going to do now that they can't buy bullets?

You have solved crime.
What took you so long?
edit on 2-7-2016 by In4ormant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   
The only step remaining for California is outright confiscations and blanket ban of even more guns.

That's it. That's all there's left. They're already selectively confiscating weapons, eventually the policy will spread to everyone in California.

Thank God I live in Nevada.
edit on 2 7 16 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Whatever. If the people of California elected the people that made this a rule then that's that.

I am one state away from Idaho.

POST FALLS, Idaho -

Beginning Friday man Idaho residents will be able to flex their Second Amendment rights and carry concealed firearms without a permit.

A new Idaho state law allows most gun owners over age 21 to be armed in public places as long as their pistol is hidden by clothing, purse or holster.

“There are some exceptions to that, obviously convicted felons, people who are drug users, there are a variety of people who cannot carry concealed weapons but for the average law abiding citizen, they'll be able to carry without a concealed weapons permit,” Post Falls Police Chief Scot Haug said.

www.kxly.com...

I have no issues moving there.

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: FredT

I did some research after my post and found that the developer of the bullet button came out with another product called ARMagLock.

It does what you explained, release the rear take down pin to release the magazine.

At this point I'm cheering for the State of Jefferson!

posted on Jul, 3 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ArnoldNonymous

Nice find!! Ill be taking a look at it. But I will have to play it carefully. I want to see the official analysis that the NRA etc comes out with. It look great on paper but that a small conciliation if an itchy LEO decided its not cool and it will take months and $$$$ to defend yourself I have a Sig-716 with a button but I may bite the bullet and register it to stay in compliance.

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Don't forget Hawaii

www.hawaiipolice.com...
HRS 134-2 states: “No person shall acquire the ownership of a firearm, whether usable or unusable, serviceable or unserviceable, modern or antique, registered under prior law or by prior owner or unregistered, either by purchase, gift, inheritance, bequest, or in any other manner, whether procured in the state or imported by mail, until the person has first procured from the chief of police of the county of the person’s place of business or…residence…a permit to acquire the ownership of a firearm as prescribed in this section.”
edit on 19-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

NFA for all weapons...lovely

edit on 19-7-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join