It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Jerry Brown acted on sweeping gun control bills

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Bills Brown signed:

▪ Assembly Bill 1511, by Assemblyman Miguel Santiago, D-Los Angeles, requiring that the infrequent loans of a firearm be made only to family members.

▪ Senate Bill 880, co-authored by Sens. Isadore Hall, D-Compton, and Steve Glazer, D-Orinda, and Assembly Bill 1135, Assemblyman Mark Levine, D-Greenbrae, amending the definition of assault weapon to include semi-automatic rifles with magazines that can be detached with a button.

▪ Assembly Bill 1695, by Assemblyman Rob Bonta, D-Alameda, mandating swifter reporting periods for lost or stolen firearms.

Bills Brown vetoed:

▪ Assembly Bill 1176, by Assemblyman Jim Cooper, D-Elk Grove, which would have clarified that stealing a firearm is felony grand theft.

▪ Assembly Bill 1674, by Santiago, which would have extended the limit on handguns of one purchase per month to long guns.

www.sacbee.com...

Yesterday CA Legislature passed 11 gun control bills. Today, the day before a holiday weekend, Gov. Brown signed 5 and vetoed 6. I am surprised he didn't sign them all.

Of note, I recommend, if you have a magazine that holds more than 10 rounds, move them out of state or sell them. They will be illegal to possess.

Also, there will be background checks when you buy ammo. So stock up now.
edit on Fri Jul 1 2016 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed overly long quote IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Or simply leave California. I think just about everyone else is.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Well another 'win' for peoples CIVIL LIBERTIES in California.

The founding fathers are rolling over in their graves.

The bills passed the Legislature along largely partisan lines. Democrats argued increased restrictions will reduce gun violence, while Republicans said they would burden law-abiding gun owners.

Which of those would have stop the San Bernadino TERRORIST attack?

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Good thing California is so rich that they can afford to pass laws that will cost the taxpayers millions of dollars and still be totally INEFFECTIVE!

Absolute Joke.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone except the wealthy elite who can afford armed security who are exempt from these guncontrol laws that apply to ordinary folk.

Some of these wealthy Hollywood elites even boast of abusing their armed security forces to hunt down and harrass others, like Jennifer Lawrence did to Trump.

was at a concert that I heard he was attending," she told Graham Norton during an interview. "So I had my full security, I was like, 'Find Donald Trump.' I was adamant on finding him and making a video of me going, 'Hey, Trump. F**k you!'" That video, clearly, didn't end up getting made, but not for lack of trying. "I think he knew I was looking for him," she added.

www.cbsnews.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I'm just waiting to see who they will blame things on after these magical, crime reducing measures come into effect.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

I'm just waiting to see who they will blame things on after these magical, crime reducing measures come into effect.

GUNZ of course!

They will not be happy until the GESTAPO armed with GUNZ goes from door to door rounding each and every one of them up.

Gun Owners might as well be wearing a Star of David.
edit on 1-7-2016 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

I think they'll start to blame it on other nearby states, and the ease at which guns can be imported.

The calls for nationwide gun laws will increase.

They're trying to whittle down the arsenal before they can do thIs:

They will not be happy until the GESTAPO armed with GUNZ goes from door to door rounding each and every one of them up. 

They're trying to whittle down the arsenal before they can do that

They're trying to whittle down the arsenal before they can do that.
edit on 1-7-2016 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

They are already setting up excuses for the coming failures.

Brown has held California gun restrictions out as “some of the toughest” in the country, while complaining that more permissive laws in neighboring states dilute their effect. Following the December rampage at a social services center in San Bernardino that left 14 people dead, Brown called “wide open” gun laws in Nevada and Arizona a “gigantic back door through which any terrorist can walk.”

www.sacbee.com...

Ah, I see your intuition already brought you to their excuses.
edit on 1/7/2016 by harvestdog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

Damn I nailed it. See my response above yours

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
a reply to: harvestdog

That is absolutely hilarious!

illegal Immigrants don't matter, gunz do!

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
To be honest I expected things to be a bit worse esp. the egregious Assembly Bill 2607.

However, Newsome, the LT. Governor who is expected to replace Brown, comes from SF, and will be far worse IMHO.

Also, many of the measures signed today had a veto proof majority (The Dems have a super majority in the CA legislature) and many of the unsigned did not.

Also this is going to be pending court challenges etc.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Fact is, California is a catastrophe in the making. This has been Jerry Moonbeam's vision all along, a meca for liberalism. It has destroyed the livlihoods of California natives, taken taxes to astronomical heights, turned cities into third world blight, disenfranchised residents to the point of homelessness. All the while sinking the infrastructure into oblivion, roads in decay.......I could go on, but it's scarcely worth it... And yea, I 'was' a California Native for 55 years, born and raised there.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I know people say "Just move", but it's very hard to just pick up and go. Home owners can't just pack up and leave, kids in school who don't want to leave friends they've had all their lives, etc...
But honestly, I'd be doing my damndest to get out of Kalifornia at any cost. I though Illinois was bad, but they don't hold a candle to the anti gun nuts in that state.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This is absolutely ridiculous. Is confiscation coming for anyone with a standard capacity magazine or a modern sporting rifle? I still don't understand how you permanently lock a magazine into the firearm without a release.

And background checks and registration for ammo. That one makes me laugh. Last time I checked CA charges $25 for background checks.

I hope there is an uprising for this.

Way to celebrate Independence Day, Gov Brown. You're a piece of sh-t.

posted on Jul, 1 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

They'll blame the crimes on the fact that gun control isn't quite strong enough and push to pass more. It's what they always do

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I have many liberal friends from the San Francisco bay area that are cheering and celebrating right now, and they are calling for the full repeal of the 2nd amendment. It's insanity, some of these friends are gay and while marching in pride parades celebrating how far their rights have come, they are calling for the destruction of the constitution and limiting the rights of others. It is pure social marxism as they celebrate the end of "white oppression" through guns....funny though, all those shootings in Oakland, I don't see those being caused by white oppressors.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Gov. Jerry Brown on Friday, July 1 vetoed legislation co-authored by an Inland assemblywoman that would have made all firearm thefts a felony offense.

AB 1176, co-authored by Assemblywoman Melissa Melendez, R-Lake Elsinore, was intended to reverse a change made by Prop. 47, which made theft of a gun valued at $950 or less a misdemeanor.

San Bernardino Police Chief Jarrod Burguan said the veto is frustrating to many law enforcement officers, who dislike the impact the proposition has had on enforcement.

"Handguns are traditionally worth about $400 or $600," Burguan said. "We are literally catching people with stolen guns and all we can give them is a ticket for it. It's maddening."

www.pe.com...

So basically, Brown vetoed a bill that would have made all firearm theft a felony. In my opinion, firearm theft is a serious offense. I believe if you steal a gun, you probably have intent to use it in a crime.

Basically, Brown believe law abiding citizens that purchased certain firearms or magazines legally say 5 or 10 years ago, are more of a danger to public safety than the scumbags breaking into homes to steal them.

Please, someone explain this rationale to me. My puny mind cannot compute this mess.

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ArnoldNonymous
This is absolutely ridiculous. Is confiscation coming for anyone with a standard capacity magazine or a modern sporting rifle? I still don't understand how you permanently lock a magazine into the firearm without a release.
I hope there is an uprising for this.

It will require partial disassembly to reload basically. Im sure there will be loopholes like the last time that can and will be exploited. The foolios that propose this stuff are not gun types so the legislation is always flawed

There is unlikely to be an uprising. The Dems hold a super majority in the state government AND the coastal areas were this is popular vastly outnumbers the interior which tends to be more conservative. Oh and the Attorney General when DA of SF would not seek the death penalty for cop killers. Browns potential successor, Newsome, is more gun control that Brown

posted on Jul, 2 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: harvestdog

So basically, Brown vetoed a bill that would have made all firearm theft a felony. In my opinion, firearm theft is a serious offense. I believe if you steal a gun, you probably have intent to use it in a crime.

I think the rationale was that there is a ballot initiative on the November ballot that would handle that and I agree it is a serious issue.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join