It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ku Klux Klan dreams of rising again in US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Born in the ashes of the smouldering South after the Civil War, the Ku Klux Klan died and was reborn before losing the fight against civil rights in the 1960s. Membership dwindled, a unified group fractured, and one-time members went to prison for a string of murderous attacks against blacks. Many assumed the group was dead, a white-robed ghost of hate and violence. Yet today, the KKK is still alive and dreams of restoring itself to what it once was: an invisible empire spreading its tentacles throughout society. As it marks 150 years of existence, the Klan is trying to reshape itself for a new era. Klan members still gather by the dozens under starry Southern skies to set fire to crosses in the dead of night, and KKK leaflets have shown up in suburban neighbourhood's from the Deep South to the Northeast in recent months.
Perhaps most unwelcome to opponents, some independent Klan organisations say they are merging with larger groups to build strength.
Klan leaders say they feel that US politics are going their way, as a nationalist, us-against-them mentality deepens across the nation.
Stopping or limiting immigration - a desire of the Klan dating back to the 1920s - is more of a cause than ever.

As the sun set on a warm Saturday in April, Klan members gathered in a huge circle in a northwest Georgia field to set a cross and Nazi swastika afire. "White power!" they chanted in unison. "Death to the ungodly! Death to our enemies!"
Well, maybe Obama will have seconds thought's about his negative policies over his presidency that has divided American's and lit the flame for these devil worshipers to raise their ugly heads again.....www.news.com.au... 6

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: tommo39

OOh now i get the, " Rise of the south " message.. S&F

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:28 AM
link   
The Klan, nor the south, will rise again.

Lone wolf attacks? Sure... A movement? No snipping way!

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Yeah, of course a rise in the KKK is Obamas fault. I can't think of anyone else who the KKK loves presently running for president.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Swills

They openly support Hillary Clinton. Not sure why though?

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

They are going to capitalize on the Angry White Male (AWM) demographic, which is growing by leaps and bounds, and even more alarming, their rhetoric and arguments are becoming more sophisticated. I'm not sure if we're going to see a massive paradigm shift that will take us back to the good ol' nostalgic 1950's (they seem fond of that era), or if it will disintegrate into a genuine and brutal culture/civil war, or somewhere in the middle. I'm not sure if the KKK is going to be the player in this that they think that they will, but they do seem to have more and more of a voice that is shaping the rhetoric of AWM's.

No matter what, times they are a changin' and if you underestimate this demographic you're going to be knocked back on your heels. Sit up and pay attention folks. Also, the KKK is not a joke everywhere, and there are still parts of the country where they have friends in high places and are taken very seriously; behind closed doors and maybe a bit under tables, but very seriously. If they sense an opening, it's probably genuine.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Everyone has hopes and dreams I suppose.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Right. It's black peoples fault that white supremacists hate them. When someone punches you it's your fault for pissing them off, something inherently wrong in you that makes people lose control of their temper... right? Please...

It's not Obama's presidency that has white supremacists all riled up, it's Trump because pussies always need to stand behind a daddy figure. They can never get going on their own they always need a catalyst to numb their cowardice, a rallying cry like the Brexit vote (sorry UKers, not referring to all Brits that voted out) to give them the 'courage' to throw firebombs into Halal shops.

Now they can stop complaining about 'PC Culture', which is just code for "I'm too much of a pussy to be an outspoken bigot" and don their hoods and be real warriors again.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Lol and they openly support and love Trump. I do recall reading the KKK supporting Clinton but I can't imagine why.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Trumps obvious "Make America White Again" crowd, is bound to appeal to the extreme right wing fringe groups like the Klan.

Will this translate into more votes for Trump? Probably not as most moderate voters will support Clinton even if she is the distasteful choice. The extreme right scares normal people, especially minorities. They will vote in untold numbers this time.

I know there are plenty of non racist Trump supporters and the Klan support must disturb them. This will not help Donalds campaign.
edit on 30-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Poor americans, good thing the KKK will come and save them from the evil obama.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   
More bs that can likely be traced back to the SPLC, our unelected - unofficial source for who's who in the world of "hate groups".

The klan may as well be dead. A couple dozen rednecks getting together and having a bonfire after a 12 pack aren't much of a danger.

I will change my tune if they ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING besides protest and have their little klanpouts in the woods.
Until then ::yawn::.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
So, if someone votes Trump, they support the KKK?

It is amazing Dems would flood the counrty for votes, and tell you thats not why,

Look at the manipulation in that article for christs sakes.

Divide, distract, create more power.

That article was such horse s@##, they already pulled it from the internet.

This race to post tabloid $@!% on ats needs to stop.

.au?

Is that Australia?
I'm sure the author has a good understanding of 50's southern racism, or he stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, and rented a copy of Mississippi Burning.

But the Hillaryous will bite.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I'm guessing the transformation of America is coming and it doesn't look peaceful.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I will change my tune if they ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING besides protest and have their little klanpouts in the woods. Until then ::yawn::.

Some of them get out of the woods occasionally.

www.youtube.com...

edit on 30-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Actually it's from their own disgusting mouths. Deny ignorance.

In a series of interviews with The Associated Press, Klan leaders said they feel that U.S. politics are going their way, as a nationalist, us-against-them mentality deepens across the nation. Stopping or limiting immigration — a desire of the Klan dating back to the 1920s — is more of a cause than ever. And leaders say membership has gone up at the twilight of President Barack Obama's second term in office, though few would provide numbers.

Al.com

SPLC did have a comment. By the way should we disallow an advocacy group that focuses on hate groups or should we make that something only elected officials can do?

"While today's Klan has still been involved in atrocities, there is no way it is as violent as the Klan of the '60s," said Mark Potok of the Southern Poverty Law Center, an advocacy group that tracks activity by groups it considers extremist. "That does not mean it is some benign group that does not engage in political violence," he added.

Well they already infiltrated police forces across the South and clearly there's some politicians if not memebers, very sympathetic to the Klan.

This gave me the giggle especially considering a snowflake thread posted earlier.

Klan leaders told the AP that most of today's groups remain small and operate independently, kept apart by disagreements over such issues as whether to associate with neo-Nazis, hold public rallies or wear the KKK's trademark robes in colors other than white.

new topics

top topics

join