It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Active Shooter In Downtown Denver; Multiple Victims Reported -

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Police responded to an active shooter in downtown Denver on Tuesday.

The exact number of victims was not known.

BREAKING NEWS: Active Shooter In Downtown Denver; Multiple Victims Reported -

More of the same...just blah.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

Wtf people.

This violence is all a product of the imbalance of economy, family, narcissism, greed and hate thats coming from all corners of the world.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Thankfully this one doesnt seem horrible

RT AmericaVerified account
‏@RT_America
UPDATE: Shooter in downtown #Denver stopped, police secure scene on.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   

People feel empty, disconnected and oppressed.

The market is truly rigged, upward mobility is essentially dead for the average person and the family unit has been destroyed.

Add to that the Kardashians and Facebook and boom!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Happen to know 9news.com. They have a live feed going on...

Live Feed

ETA: They just said there will be a news briefing in five minutes.
edit on 28-6-2016 by PeterHawkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I hope all of those injured recover quickly and no one loses their life.

Tired of hearing this sort of crap.

People, if you are not feeling well or having some crazy thoughts...get some help, please.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If I am hearing this correctly, one victim is in serious condition with multiple gunshot wounds, and the gunman took his own life.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Only one person was shot, a woman in critical condition.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:03 PM
link   
*sigh*

Is there any more to be said?

I just met this nice couple from Denver last week. They were just two normal Americans happy to visit Alaska for the first time (you know, all bright eyed and bushy tailed). Since CO legalized mj they said they noticed the place has changed. Everybody flocked there looking for free pot and freedom but ended up skewing things from how they were (according to the tourists). Now there are parts town that they refuse to go to. There is money collected off pot sales that they do not know what to do with (fears of money laundering). There is unemployment. A growing population.

And now this... again... didn't we just lower the flags on Monday for the Orlando victims?

[ETA: Murder-suicide? Thanks introvert! Do not need another mass shooting which is what the strike-thru sentiments are about]
edit on 28-6-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: clarity

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I almost posted this. But it seems it was either a relationship dispute or workplace thing. The gunman took his own life after the assault it seems. Of course the other citizens in the building got the joy of running out with their hands above their heads so as to not be shot by police on the way out.

I am so glad this was nothing major. I have still got my eye on Denver after that wierd story about the FBI hiring a private investigator to disuade people from asking questions about a persian rug store owner acquiring a huge swath of property and land.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

What does that editorial have to do with the breaking news of an active shooter? NOTHING.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
without more to go on i'm gonna say, it was a butt hurt whack a do that decided that they would take out the one that has hurt them and themselves as well. been done as long as humans have been alive, both sexes and with all manner of means.

but before long in will come the anti gun nutters and say see.
edit on 28-6-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
I hope all of those injured recover quickly and no one loses their life.

Tired of hearing this sort of crap.

People, if you are not feeling well or having some crazy thoughts...get some help, please.

There is no help only psychotropic drugs.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:10 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I feel connected and fulfilled. Oppressed is debatable.

Putting everything that happens into neat little cubby holes is lazy. Who the hell knows what this assclown's motivations are? I don't, you don't, so how bout we don't chalk it up to the Kardashians and whatever your own baggage is this week.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Oops. Wrong thread.

Happy 2nd anniversary, muslim style.

On June 29, 2014, the apparent leader of the Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, declared that he stood at the head of a Caliphate.
edit on 28-6-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: Clicked and replied to wrong tab

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Wellllllll, I guess those guessing it would be in the Mid-West were right.

Sigh.

I wonder how many false flag elements in this one will surface.

It's certainly going off like clock-work at an increasing frequency . . . as predicted.

It looks like the oligarchy is quite serious at increasing the chaos, conflict and bloodshed in the culture and Nation.

= = = =

ETA:

Welllllllllllllllllll, it appears to be minimal and anti-climactic.

Good.

I'll take that over mass murder any day.

edit on 28/6/2016 by BO XIAN because: added

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Oops. Wrong thread.

Happy 2nd anniversary, muslim style.

On June 29, 2014, the apparent leader of the Islamic State in Iraq and Greater Syria (ISIS), Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, declared that he stood at the head of a Caliphate.
How much information do we need to jump to the Muslim conclusion? No information.

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Could you troll harder?

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I just moved from Colorado to the South. More family support down here. Before this I had lived my entire in Colorado. It has definitely changed since the laws were changed in 2012.

I am all for recreational MJ being legal and sold. However it needs to be national. The influx of people from all over the country to Colorado the past few years is really astounding. Rent has skyrocketed. Locals are having to sell their homes and move from Denver and the greater metro area. It literally costs 1200$ a month rent for a crappy studio apartment there now. 2100$ a month rent for anything 'nice.'

Also the influx of homeless people is astounding. They are coming to smoke weed and destroy the states beautiful mountains with their garbage whilst living out of tents. It is no longer safe after dark in the mountains on the outskirts of the cities. Homeless people squatting literally everywhere in the Summer. I am amazed they do not all die during the winters - but that is because they take up shop on the city streets once cold then back to the mountains.

I have witnessed countless beautiful areas descrated and tagged by out of staters coming for nothing but the better laws and weed. This will get even worse with the new alcohol allowances coming i assume.

I already long to move back to Colorado in some years. However i greatly fear what we will find when we do go back. Another thing, there is not nearly enough infrastructure to support the population boom.

Pot may be legal but illegal huge grows are busted every single day mainly by out of staters who rent out a property only to grow the good stuff and send it back home for huge profits. Florida, Texas, looking at you!

Apologies mini rant is over. Colorado still has the most beautiful variety of sites and hangouts one can imagine. The people are growing xenophobic but for good reason IMO.

And apologies for off topic mods. I needed to vent.
edit on 28-6-2016 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   
a reply to: lightedhype

Thanks for the detailed info. Much appreciated here.

My sister lives there and I worry about her constantly.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join