It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 'Why' of the barfight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Just had my first one. Actually, that is to say, just had a couple fists thrown my way. I didn't touch anybody.

Was having a friendly game of pool with the same people I usually do at a nearby, small bar. In this bar, everybody is a regular--we are the only patrons supporting that place heheh, about the same 20-25 people.

I was on a hot streak and beating some guys who usually dominate the table. After a couple of beers I flubbed a break on the rack. I told the fellow I was too buzzed to make shots, I'd re-rack and then I'll sit out.

He took major offense, slumped off into a chair. His buddy comes pushing me around and says I broke the rules of the table blah blah. He's pissed, and he's shoving.

I tell em all to relax, it's just a friendly game, and that I'm sitting out now. I went to apologize to the offended party. They're both telling me to GTFO!

I say something of similar ilk and walk off headed for the exit.

They both come outside and confront me. I tell them again to relax and not take a game so seriously. This is not tournement play, and it isn't for money--just chill!

He calls me a name, the intended purpose being to emasculate me. I say "Oh me? That's what I am? I think it's you because you can't handle a simple game."

Got punched in the jaw. I chuckled. "Yeah, you're definitely a ______ hitting like that."

Earned me another punch. I just stood dazed a bit. Said, "You done, chief?"

Got one more that cut my eye and drew blood.

I still just stood there hardly reacting, though a bit woozy. I wasn't going to raise my fists. I wasn't angry--more saddened that these loony tunes are so irate over the smallest transgression in a game with no stakes.

I went back inside to clean up the blood. All the people I've been hanging out with for the last year just look. No one asks me if I'm ok. Just. Stares.

Then bartender asks ME to leave. Not the fellow throwing punches, but ME.

Yeah, I've left sweetheart, don't trouble your head

Again, not hurt or anything. Just mostly shocked at the agressor's childish behavior, and the apathy of my 'friends.'

Is this really something that can bring a person to rage? Heheh

I love the game of pool, but it's not a matter of honor to be satisfied by violence.

I really do feel pity for those 2 guys. Such heavy-heartedness over a game.

I do feel a bit proud of myself for not fighting back. It flashed my mind a hair of a second. But I practiced what I preach and turned the other cheek. I am happy I kept my cool.

Plenty other places to sink some shots!

I am curious to hear your stories. Please share.

edit on 27-6-2016 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You should have punched back, bur your probably a better man than me in that situation.

edit on 27-6-2016 by dukeofjive696969 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What for? It takes more than a couple of manchild jackwagons to unseat me.

By the way, I ain't no pipsqueak either. I stood taller and larger than both of them.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha

What unwritten rules did you supposedly break?

You must have won the last game you played with the guy and then called it quits before giving his ego a chance to feel superior again.

edit on 27-6-2016 by eisegesis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What for? It takes more than a couple of manchild jackwagons to unseat me.

By the way, I ain't no pipsqueak either. I stood taller and larger than both of them.

In a fight situation i usually see red, but thats just me, thats why i said you where the better man in what you did, or for better words for not punching back.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Exactly as you said..."unwritten rules."

I broke the rack. It was a lousy break. I told my opponent I had too much to drink to shoot, that I'd rack the game and bow out for others to play. He went and sat in the corner. His buddy came and started shoving me saying I can't break and then end the game.

I don't care what 'streetwise rules' he is trying to cite. If I don't want to play because I'm tipsy, well that's TOO bad!

Yes, the guy who punched me lost just the game before.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've come close to getting into barfights. I'm always in a good mood and am a happy drunk. I get sociable and the alpha males see me as a threat for some reason, I'm 6' 140lbs soaking wet. But because I can outwit them verbally, they get pissed. But usually the patrons around me stick up for me because A) I'm making them laugh and B) LOOK at me.

I have gone to the bar and you can just tell the dudes who are looking for a fight. Like, man why did you come out to spend your hard earned money just to get angry and fight?

It never ceases to amaze me.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Good call, I have been in Kick boxing for 10 years. We were taught to never ever fight another human. First talk your way out and then get out of the problem by trying to walk away.

You were the bigger person!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Yep, drunks are stupid.

Make a note of those same 20-25 peoples faces, go to mars for 15-20 years, when you get back to earth, drop on by.

I will personally give you $100 if 80% of them are not still there, single, broke, leatherfaced, and want to buy you a yeager bomb.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Yes exactly! Some people are just stupid and looking for an outlet. This is why I felt sorry for them both. A game of pool can agitate these people to the point of violence? Really?! Heheh

Is that all they have to stand on?

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

Exactly, and when you get training, it is like beating up a woman, taking down an untrained drunk guy.
Doesn't feel right.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha
I am curious to hear your stories. Please share.

... there was 40 of them, all big guys, surrounded me ...
*sip beer*

... all wanted a piece of me, young guys, something to prove ...
*sip beer*

... all charged at once, thought they could *BURP* take me ...
*sip beer*

... bottles were flyin', chairs flyin', tables kicked over ...
*sip beer*

... done a fancy bit of f-*HIC*-ootwork, bobbed n' weaved ...
*sip beer*

... course they had no chance, didn't have the heart to tell 'em ...
*sip beer*

... I'd been watching UFC for 2 *hic* years professionally ...
*sip beer*

... seen Roadhouse about 8 times ...
*sips beer*

... poor fellas, didn't stand a chance ...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Well I'm not trained to fight. Unless you count hockey league ;-)

I wear this cut on my eye as a badge of honor, not a mark of shame...silly barfighter, was he.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Sounds like you have training! I agree I would not want to take out a drunk guy. We keep it in the ring. I have lost many fights in the ring!👍🏽
edit on 6 27 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   
My best friend used to own a bar and I'd some-times help out when trouble arose. There is no why or wherefore of a bar fight. Usually you can tell with the the body language if they are about to kick off (except the psychos they can blow with no warning).
The majority of trouble we used to have was with people with small stature. God forbid I appologise if I offend anyone but we called it small man syndrome. They feel inadequate and HAVE to prove themselves so they normally pick on the biggest person. If they win they are cock of the walk, but if they lose they shout about being bullied by a bigger person.
It all comes down to inadequacies, they feel agrieved, no matter what you did the problem is theirs so they must "put you straight". Like why did he bring his friend out as well? That was his witness to him "putting you down". Now I don't know your situation concerning if they might have been carrying, but in the UK a bit of advice from a professional bouncer.
If confronted get in their face, get as close as possible. 1. You are too close for them to throw a punch but more importantly".2. You are showing them in no uncertain terms that you are not afraid of them and 99% of the time they will back off. But there is still that 1 %.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Yes this is blood from fighting! Its OK. I am enlightened --Tyler Durden, Fight Club

There is a nasty mood out there. A game, a beer, give it up dude (idiot throwing punches)! That is sad. Violence being the only answer to what? What did the dude prove?

I suppose all families fight in one way or another. Way to take the high road! I bet the one feeling like a total @ss hat will not be you. I bet the dude will not show his face around there for a while and avoid confrontation.

Personally, two is more than enough. Do not take a third. So Mr. @ss-hat winds up, duck, step back, or really confuse him and step in. Then one quick nut tap will end it all!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:08 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Yes, they were both smaller than I in terms of height and build. The guy who hit me was fighting for his friend.

Men fighting on behalf of other men. So tender and sweet!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: NarcolepticBuddha Pool can be such a simple and fun game. I'm feeling deeply saddens by your experience and it is very refreshing your reaction being that of calm to a fist to the jaw... your so much stronger than the aggressor.
Thank you for sharing.
You tried for peace and received violence... scary world... you did the right thing...I hope your non fighting reaction sunk in to the people involved and the uninvolved spectators.

I was playing a game of pool with fellow I was dating. We had a table set up for ourselves and some confused people started to use the table. The fellow I was with wanted to fight them and I was mortified, telling him to chill out or whatever and I approached the confused people. They ended up being really friendly over their confusion... so no fighting.

Pool shouldn't be so serious... especially at 50 cents a table.😃

edit on 27-6-2016 by peppycat because: word

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

One day they will mess with a person not as nice as you.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Good for you brother...

One thing though, turn the other cheek doesn't mean you can't duck lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join