It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: 100 Pound Woman Eats Six-Pound Hamburger Plus 5 Pounds of Sides In 3 Hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 12:57 PM
link   
A Pennsylvania woman weighting only 100 pounds has managed to consume a 6 Pound burger with 5 pounds of sides in under 3 hours. Kate Stelnick had to consume one large onion, two whole tomatoes, one half head of lettuce, 1 1/4 pounds of cheese, two buns, and a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, banana peppers and some pickles.

story.news.yahoo.com
CLEARFIELD, Pa. - Kate Stelnick may weigh only 100 pounds, but her appetite is remarkable. The college student from Princeton, N.J., is the first to meet a restaurant's challenge by downing its six-pound hamburger — and five pounds of fixins' — within three hours.

Stelnick didn't eat for two days to prepare for the challenge. "I felt very full, but I was too excited that I actually ate it to notice," Stelnick said.

Stelnick, 19, made the five-hour drive to Denny's Beer Barrel Pub with two friends from The College of New Jersey on Wednesday, after they saw pictures of the monster burger, dubbed the Ye Old 96er.

Denny Leigey Jr., the owner of the bar 35 miles northwest of State College, had offered a two-pound burger for years and conceived of the six-pounder after his daughter went to college and phoned him about a bar that sold a four-pounder.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Yikes, I would not want to have to spend the rest of the evening with her. She ate 10 percent of her body weight in under 3 hours. That is just shocking. I mean I can put away the groceries too, but 11 pounds? I would not want to check her cholesterol after that feat!

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Whoa, It remind me, "me" when I was that age and I only weight 98 pounds, I wanted to gain weight so bad I will eat all kind of sweets just to gain a pound and it did not happened until I had my second child, seven years later, occurs I never ate like she did.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Question, was she 100 lbs before she ate this or after?

Either way, that's almost trying to pack 6 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag, if you know what I mean.

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
i wonder how many calories that would be...if a big mac is around 500ish

[edit on 17-1-2005 by shaunybaby]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
Question, was she 100 lbs before she ate this or after?

Either way, that's almost trying to pack 6 lbs of crap in a 5 lb bag, if you know what I mean.

as I said its 10% of her body weight
Thats alot of food! and its alot of crap too. best to have a plumber on standby

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:18 PM
link   

I think what's most disturbing is the amount of condiments she consumed..
a cup each of mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, relish, banana peppers

Wonder when her next meal will be

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I just watched National Geographic, how a python consumes a complete antilope, but this woman does a remarkable job as well, the next step in evolution ....

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 04:46 PM
link   
She will excrete 10 pounds of it ill bet.

I wouldnt like to be her toilet :p

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:17 PM
link   
She's kinda cute. The burger looks pretty good too.

[edit on 17-1-2005 by deevee]

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
She's kinda cute. The burger looks pretty good too.

Yeah, but ypou would go broke just takeing her to dinner on a date. Better to go Dutch

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 05:24 PM
link   
This seems so... unremarkable?

There are plenty of fast food chains taking the opposite tack to the health & salads kick and getting into "decadent" portion sizes, but they tend to target big oafs who know no better, not 19-year old 100 pound "weaklings".

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:29 PM
link   

MMMMMMMMM............

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I prefer a nice Cornish Pasty

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   
I love hamburgers, they're my favorite, but I don't even think I'd attempt a 2 pounder, much less a 6 pounder...

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 03:20 PM
link   
How in the world could she do that. That burgers freaking huge. Compare it to her and it makes me wonder how condensed the burger would have to be to fit in her stomach.

top topics

join