It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Senate Agrees On "DARK Act" GMO Labeling Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:24 PM
link   
ACTIVIST POST: Interrupt Your Regularly Scheduled Program
24 June 2016
By Derrick Broze

www.activistpost.com...

. . .
U.S. Senate Agriculture Committee Chairman Pat Roberts and Ranking Member Debbie Stabenow released a statement, calling the bill “an important path forward that represents a true compromise. Since time is of the essence, we urge our colleagues to move swiftly to support this bill.” Roberts said if his colleagues do not act on the bill now Vermont’s law will cause confusion in the marketplace. The bill would give the U.S. Department of Agriculture two years to write the labeling rules.
The bipartisan proposal would immediately prohibit states and cities from passing labeling laws for genetically modified or engineered ingredients. Genetically modified or engineered seeds are engineered to have certain traits, such as resistance to herbicides. The majority of the United States’ corn and soybean crops are now GE, including a large portion that is used for animal feed.
The bill would also put the USDA in charge of establishing “a uniform national disclosure standard for human food that is or may be bioengineered.” Critics of a federal standard worry about the USDA being pressured by biotechnology companies that have a close relationship to U.S. regulatory agencies. The proposal would also require companies producing foods with GE ingredients to post a label, including text on package, a symbol, or a link to a website (QR code or similar technology). Smaller food manufacturers can use websites or telephone numbers to disclose ingredients.
. . .

1. Personally, I don't trust the USDA any further than I could throw Washington D.C.
2. All manner of pressure and other factors can put lipstick on this pig while claiming the pig sings to our health every hour on the hour.
3. It is slightly comforting that labeling would evidently be required. That's better than what has been the government stance far too much in this field.
4. I don't like it that YET AGAIN, FEDERALISM is given the top dog position to the trashing of States Rights. GRRR.
5. Probably in 3-12 years it will all be over anyway and this problematic legislation and all the D.C. and oligarchy evils will be swept into hell where they came from.
6. Still, I'd much prefer that the States come up with their own more or less uniform labeling laws.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: BO XIAN

Did You read that even 90% of 'organic' wine made in Ca. has been found to have "Round-Up®" in it?

Will it be like this: "This HOT coffee may be HOT"

Is it before or after the section where fluoride in the water is good for You?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 07:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

Did You read that even 90% of 'organic' wine made in Ca. has been found to have "Round-Up®" in it?

Is it before or after the section where fluoride in the water is good for You?

INIDEED.

HIDEOUSNESS GONE TO SEED.

By the raft of traitors in DC.

At least we can inform those we love. Sigh.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimNasium

All the more reason for GMO to be disclosed, and labeled.
The pressure from consumers will drive it from there.

The only ones to suffer will be the Chemical Companies.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I would like to think that you are absolutely right.

However, I've observed the chemical companies avoid very significant "suffering" farrrrrr to much in my 70 years.

May all the consciously evil leaders of such companies speedily reap what they have sown. At least that's a prayer I can get behind.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
When I was growing up in the fifties and sixties, food taste a lot better than the crap found in stores today. It almost tasted like the organic foods they now sell. We didn't have year round selection of food, most of the food was grown in the USA and was seasonal. Some fresh veggies were on the shelves, but they were expensive. We have way more selection than we need, we do not have to be engineering new strains of apples and veggies. Society has gone bonkers. Seedless watermelons taste like crap compared to the old seeded watermelons. The eggs have no taste compared to what they used to taste like, neither does the chicken. You have to buy these from local farmers that raise them the old way to get the flavor.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
However, I've observed the chemical companies avoid very significant "suffering" farrrrrr to much in my 70 years.

BO, yes I am with you on that, and understand that in times previous,
the revolving door between Congress and Wall Street went smoothly
oiled, while folks were kept in the dark.

Hopefully the news that the GMO chemical companies are literally
destroying the Barrier Reef, bringing on disease and even famine,
people are taking note and making changes.

The tide is turning, even if it is sorely behind.

We should have all information made public!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: burntheships

I'm certainly in favor of all the incriminating information about the corporations and govgt collusions being made public!

At least . . . prior to their being mass criminal court proceedings and executions for high treason.

top topics

join