It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spiritual Wisdom Quotes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   
s&F and responding so I can come back for reference.

Thank you so much for this thread.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Whatever is, is not. And whatever is not, is. OM!

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   
mene mene tekel upharsin is about where the USA and Europe is at

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Acquire the manners of the dervish then wear a stylish cap

Sufi teacher

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Great wisdom quotes!

You truly are of the epoch’s representative of the religion of the epoch---INTEGRAL SPIRITUALITY

Formless wisdom for the age and ageless

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I like Sri Anandamayi Ma sayings so here are a few of hers:

“It may be asked, why there cannot be one and the same path for all? Because He reveals Himself in infinite ways and forms — verily, The One is all of them.”
― Anandamayi Ma

It is of course true that the human body lives by breathing, and hence there is suffering. ( Human life, in fact animal life in general, depends on breathing, which is a sign of disturbance in the universal equilibrium. The entire creation is characterised by this disturbance. The process of breathing implies a dual movement, inward and outward, and a periodic rest between the two. The state of harmony can be reached by getting rid of this urge for movement, by attaining to repose, calm and peace. This is possible through yoga. When one is in a state of perfect poise, there is no longer any need to breathe.)

God is within everyone, but man goes out in search of Him. This is what constitutes God's Play and God's Creation.
Sri Anandamayi Ma

Even though you may want to push God the Mother aside, She will never leave you. Are you not her offspring? A mother does what is good and beneficial for her child. She gives to her scion exactly what is needed, not more and not less. Her forgiveness knows no limits, this is why she is called MOTHER. If with deep faith, devotion and love you can exclaim: 'Mother, come to me, I cannot pass my days without you', rest assured, the Universal Mother will spread out Her arms and clasp you to Her heart. Don't look up to Her only as a mysterious refuge in your hour of distress. Keep in mind, She is always very, very near as the Force that guides your life. She Herself is the supreme refuge of every sentient being. With this conviction proceed. She will take the brunt of your burdens from your shoulders and make them light.
Sri Anandamayi Ma

Your sorrow, your pain, your agony is indeed my sorrow. This body understands everything. You may want to leave this body. But this body won't leave you for a single day - it does not and never will leave you. One, who has once been attracted to this body, even though he may make a thousand attempts, will not be able to efface or blot out the memory of this body. It will remain and persist in his memory for all time.
Sri Anandamayi Ma

Whenever you possibly can, sustain the flow of a sacred Name. To repeat His name is to be in His presence. If you associate with the Supreme Friend, He will reveal His true being to you.
Sri Anandamayi Ma

Always bear this in mind: Everything is in God's hands, and you are His tool to be used by Him as He pleases. Try to grasp the significance of 'all is His'. and you will immediately feel free from all burdens. What will be the result of your surrender to Him? None will seem alien, all will be your very own Self.
Sri Anandamayi Ma

Joys and sorrows are time-born and cannot last. Therefore, do not be perturbed by these. The greater the difficulties and obstructions, the more intense will be your endeavor to cling to His feet and the more will your prayer increase from within. And when the time is ripe, you will gain mastery over this power.
Sri Anandamayi Ma

www.allgreatquotes.com...

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Seeing as I totally forgot about Krishna, here are some of my favourite Krishna quotes…

Krishna

“Behold, Arjuna, a million divine forms, with an infinite variety of color and shape. Behold the gods of the natural world, and many more wonders never revealed before. Behold the entire cosmos turning within my body, and the other things you desire to see.”

“With a drop of my energy I enter the earth and support all creatures. Through the moon, the vessel of life-giving fluid, I nourish all plants. I enter breathing creatures and dwell within as the life-giving breath. I am the fire in the stomach which digests all food.”

“They are forever free who renounce all selfish desires and break away from the egocage of “I,” “me,” and “mine” to be united with the Lord. This is the supreme state. Attain to this, and pass from death to immortality.”

This body is not yours, neither are you of the body. The body is made of fire, water, air, earth and ether, and will disappear into these elements. But the soul is permanent – so who are you?

“Just as a reservoir is of little use when the whole countryside is flooded, scriptures are of little use to the illumined man or woman, who sees the Lord everywhere.”

Some come to the spiritual life because of suffering, some in order to understand life; some come through a desire to achieve life’s purpose, and some come who are men and women of wisdom. Unwavering in devotion, always united with me, the man or woman of wisdom surpasses all the others.

“The offering of wisdom is better than any material offering, Arjuna; for the goal of all work is spiritual wisdom.”

“All the scriptures lead to me; I am their author and their wisdom.”

- JC

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cryptic0void

Thank you for introducing me to Anandamayi Ma…I’m away to read through some more…

This is my favourite so far…

“The Kingdom of God is a whole, and unless you are admitted to the whole of it you cannot remain content. He grants you just a little, only to keep Your discontent alive, for without discontent there can be no progress. You, a scion of the Immortal, can never become reconciled to the realm of death, neither does God allow you to remain in it.”

- JC

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 09:59 PM
link   
My favorite of all time is when Buddha after enlightenment was asked by his fellow seekers:
What are you now man or God?

He said
Neither I am awake!

Then there the guy who finally found God ( so he thought )and was asked at the gate of God
Who art thou
He said I am Mahmud
Go away said the angel at the gate

He went away a few more years seeking and ended back at the gate weary and tired and was asked again, who art thou?
He said, I am love

Go away said the Angel

A few more years and he ended back at the gate of God and again was asked, Who art thou
He said, “I am thou”
Finally at that, he was let in

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 07:38 AM
link   
This is fantastic. I'll be back to add some I like once my brain and fingers are synced.....*coffee!!*

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Thank you for posting!

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Hey there…I called you “Bizzy Wigs” on page 1…that was an error…hopefully you can forgive me, or maybe just laugh out loud…

Yeah, bring on the quotes;, it can be anything actually, from science to philosophy, from literature to fiction…just any quotes that are deeply spiritually inspiring…

- JC

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 09:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Thanks for sharing that, nice quote…

Although when he said “I am Love”…I think I would have just let him in…

What can I say; I fall for the “love” line every time lol

- JC

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   
"A closed mouth doesn't get fed" unknown

"Wise men listen and laugh while fools talk."

50 Cent

"Evil succeeds when the good remain silent."

"Learn to know all, but keep thyself unknown."

Gnostic maxim
edit on 30-6-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:52 AM
link   
"The path to progress is paved with stealth and diplomacy."

Me.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   
“Your life is bigger than one challenging moment.”

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecroft
a reply to: Willtell

Thanks for sharing that, nice quote…

Although when he said “I am Love”…I think I would have just let him in…

What can I say; I fall for the “love” line every time lol

- JC

That’s not what he really said? I can’t remember the story verbatim. So I just put that in...

Sorry for that. I'll look around for where I saw that story and get the exact words

But you’re very right

Love is the thing

The story on one level deals with the ultimate reality that there's nothing but God

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 07:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Wombocracy

Originally posted by Wombocracy
Learn to know all, but keep thyself unknown."
Gnostic maxim

Love the Gnostics…love the quote…

Originally posted by Wombocracy
The path to progress is paved with stealth and diplomacy."

Me.

Yeah, your own quote…nice…

Here’s one from me…

Many seek out answers, when they should first be seeking the right questions…”Seek ye first the right questions”

Me

- JC

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecroft

Good stuff. Answers always lead to more questions, why not seek the question instead?

Makes perfect sense.

posted on Jun, 30 2016 @ 10:39 PM
link   
"When one seeks [truth] one will find it. When one finds he will be disturbed [at first]. Then he will Marvel, and will reign over all."

Paraphrased from the Gospel of Thomas with clarification in brackets.

"Reign over all" does not mean, I would imagine, becoming the ruler of the world. You will probably not see any point in that type of reigning upon finding the Truth and by knowing the Truth and being set free you can no longer be reigned over and that is the Kingdom of God. You only answer to God so who can claim to (truthfully) rule you now!
edit on 30-6-2016 by Wombocracy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join