It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just Got Back Home From West Virginia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I was in West Virginia during that flooding.I was visiting my son and his family at their farm.
It had rained heavily and the water was streaming down off of the mountains.My son's driveway
was like a creek and further down the road it was like a river!
I had never seen anything like this before.The road was completely under water and some of
his neighbor's horses were trapped on a little space of dry land.There were downed trees
and the roads were either flooded or were covered with mud and broken limbs.
We were listening to reports of all the places that were flooded in our area.It was just a short
time earlier that we were shopping at some of those stores that were now flooded.We were
also checking out road conditions online to see if I would be able to get back home.We found
out the main roads were open.
As we were driving we saw how deep the water still was and that more rain is predicted.There
was all kinds of debris and trees in the rivers.The water was a dirty, brown looking raging mess.
I think that some places were completely under water.
I am glad that my family is okay and I did get back home safe.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

It's good that you and your's are ok.

I was just reading about this, more than 20 dead so far in a once in a century event. That's pretty out there.

Kind Regards
Myselfaswell

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

Climate change denial, anyone?

Half the average annual rainfall in one day. Just weather as usual, eh?

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 02:28 AM
link   
Wow glad your ok! I Feel so bad for all,the pets and animals that are helpless in this mess....and people too....but mostly the animals !

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

I am not sure but I think West Virginia got about 9" of rain in about an hour.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:50 PM
link   
West Virginia is my home state and I grew up not far from the affected areas. It is truly sad to see this happen to such a beautiful place and my heart goes out to all those in the area whose life has been changed by this. It is also good to see the community coming together to help each other and start to rebuild their lives. People may judge the fine folks of this area as hillbillys or rednecks but that couldn't be farther from the truth.

top topics

join