It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your favorite concept albums.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Yeah I actually just saw that they got back together..Good for them, I guess. I'm so out of the loop on what's currently going on in music. I use to really be into the scene and know what's what. I haven't been to a concert of any sort in six years or so.. and that was at Red Rocks with my little cousin for his first show. I usually just listen to stuff I already love. Every now and then someone or some band will come along that makes sounds that my ears like and I'll get some new music. That seems to be the rarest of occasions though.

Portugal, The Man? Those band? I have no clue.

Oman is legit talented. If I could play like him I wouldn't be what I'm doing in life. My chops are basic riffs and progressions that dude is out of this world. Gumby, I like that

edit on 26-6-2016 by slowisfast because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: thektotheg

Oh man Coheed. I listed to a bunch of their stuff early on. My ex girlfriend back in NY was good friends with Claudio and Travis back from her time living in Nyack. The seemed like decent, kinda nerdy, dudes. Claudio's range was incredible. Delirium Trigger was an awesome album at the time. I haven't listen to them in years..might be time for a little nostalgia!

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Probably these:

1. Moody Blues-Days of Future Past...#1 hands down

*(following in no particular or precedence order)

2. Tommy -WHO
3. Quadrophenia -WHO
4. Sgt Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band-Beatles
5. Magical Mystery Tour-Beatles
6. Court of the Crimson KIng-King Crimson
7. Dark Side of the Moon-Pink Floyd
edit on 26-6-2016 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Yes, Coheed's stuff definitely fits this thread. I love in keeping secrets. Have you read any of Claudio's comics?

a reply to: thektotheg

posted on Jun, 28 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I haven't read all of the stuff, but I have the first collection and enjoy it. I know all the story details, though. Such a cool concept. Great stories have a way of finding you, however out there they are. And then you're left wondering how these things worlds away make so much sense.

Another I love is Porcupine Tree's Fear of a Blank Planet. The concept is loosely based on a book and is of more earthly happenings, but it's still as solid a concept album as there is. Very relatable and Steven Wilson is a prog God. Such a good album. Definitely an all time favorite.

edit on 28-6-2016 by thektotheg because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join