It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's talk about BEER

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I would of at least bought a round for those sitting at the bar..Karma and all...

On topic

I have been a lager/ ale man my entire life,
I would try other styles from wheat beer to triple Bock but always came back to lagers and ales..I could not stand ipa's they didn't seem refreshing and the after taste never say well with me..

As with a previous poster noted, tastes change, some are acquired. It took me a long time to come around but then, I found this...

Backseat Burner, from otter creek brewing company.

7 % abv
68 ibu ( international bitterness unit)

Strong beer, but refreshing and little aftertaste.

I wish I could link but this notsosmart phone sucks..

Also I agree for the price Sam Adams rebel is a fine beer

~meathead

posted on Jul, 19 2016 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Gongrats,nice find.I don`t know if they sell Dogfish IPA up there,if they do its one of the Ipas that I actually like.Mostly I drink Brown ale and lager,but definitely sample all kinds.If I ever find money,bet there will be some serious sampling,lol.That 75 degree weather sounds good,hot as hell here in Tn,good reason to go get a icy cold beer,though

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Oh the bartender got a twenty! Not many locals but would have shared if they were!

I brew ales so I am kind of hooked on those. I would need a fridge to do lagers or brew those on those perfect days of the year during springtime or fall. So I stick to ales. I usually do a "House Pale" that me and my buddy just drink when we have it. About 6% ABV, and anywhere on the hop scale is fine. I like to make Breakfast Stout which is just an oatmeal stout that after the boil I add a half pound of coarse ground coffee to. I made an Imperial version that would get you drunk and wake you up! Stayed up all night watching Star Trek: TNG!

a reply to: ridgerunner

Dogfish 90 minute is one of my faves! So is the 120 minutes. But alas, Dogfish expanded too quickly then had a decision to make so they scaled back production and delivery to the AK, so SOL there (think bottles can be found still). And thanks to my bounty I am heading to the new brewery today to sample some food and more of their beers! They have a roof top sitting area so going to soak up some rays and sip on the suds.

posted on Jul, 20 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TEOTWAWKIAIFF

I don't brew, sounds like u whip up some good ale,I wish I could taste it!

I have thought about brewing, was offered a full kit a few years ago for free , I shoulda taken it
I wasn't ready to use it at the time had alot on my plate..

And now nothing in my glass..

~meathead
edit on 20-7-2016 by Mike Stivic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike Stivic

Brewing beer is a lot of cleaning! You clean everything you're going to use. Sanitize the main fermenter, all spoons, measuring devices, hoses, etc. Then follow the recipe (or not, once you get the hang of it). Then clean up everything again. I brew at my buddies place and usually spend up to 6 hours doing everything (4 on a good day). That is pulling everything out and putting everything back. But we have never had a batch go bad so in the end it is all worth the effort.

The new-ish brewery had a wonderful Flemish Red Ale on top! If you have never had a sour beer then this might not be for you. I say it is like enjoying vinegar. Some people like balsamic and others do not. This beer was soured and aged in three batches that were blended back together over three years to the current product. I had two over the course of the evening.

I say new-ish because they have been around (in the state) but are new to brewhouse scene here in Anchorage. They are still in the growing stages so I will not be over harsh on them yet. Have not tried the food... but when you have a chocolate porter you do not need a burger! They have two different IPAs on right now. Their regular is really nice. I need to try the grapefruit one. I did try their smoked Marzen which was good but could age some more. They have a good line up of beers on tap. They have a good atmosphere too. Service should come around as they settle in. Their name is 49th State Brewery and they originate near the Denali Park area of Healy, AK.

posted on Sep, 14 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Try your local beers guys,found some really great ones here in the Tn and NC area.Bryson city brewing Nantahala makes a wonderful blonde ale called Dirty girl.Smokey Mountain brewery has some of the best brews I ever had,Black Bear ale,Helles and on tap a great Marzen style beer.Local breweries have been spring up fast lately and we now have some great choices!

posted on Sep, 15 2016 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I also just made a thread about beer, although my focus was somewhat different - less about the type of beer but more about the situation that leads to beer tasting ultra-refreshing.

Craft beer and micro-breweries have really taken off in South Africa recently.
In these parts one favorite is the Devil's Peak Brewery.
www.devilspeakbrewing.co.za...

I tend to stick to our mainstream old brews.
I find most of the craft beers a bit sweet and overpriced.

I'm usually more into wine, but sometimes only a beer will do for refreshment.

posted on Sep, 20 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
how about everyone posts a local beer photo? and say if it's good or bad?

posted on Sep, 28 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: halfoldman

I must agree Devils Peak is great South African craft beer.

We have some good craft beers that I will pay for, but at the moment I just drink Windhoek Draught or Milk Stout due to costs.

Try brewing your own with a coopers kit and expanding from there. You get to control what you like.

I wish SAB would come out with an ale of some sort.

posted on Nov, 30 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MariaConsuelo

I have to figure out how to dither the size of my phone's photos but have a nice shot of the local Double IPA on there now. Tried to upload but it was too huge.

Anyhow, it is now December and we are coming up on the 12 Days of Barleywine. I am going to take photos of those, the menu, etc. Once I figure out photo editing I will post!

Great idea by the way1

posted on Dec, 2 2016 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Talking about beer. Can I drink beer, eat a lot of fast food and still have six pack?

posted on Dec, 7 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
A Dutch study showed a 30% increase in Vitamin B6 in beer drinkers, which makes sense because hops are loaded with the vitamin. This is important because Vitamin B6 helps to battle heart disease.

Alcohol is also an antioxidant which may contribute in part to the decrease in heart disease.

So if you’re looking for a boost in Vitamin B6, or just want to healthy dose of antioxidants, grab a cold one (or two) and cheers to your health!

posted on Dec, 29 2016 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Beer can protect you from Alzhiemer's disease. This is awesome!

posted on Dec, 31 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Tomorrow we can get 10% beer here in Tn,gonna have a lot of sampling to do in `17,lol.More choice is always nice.
edit on 31-12-2016 by ridgerunner because: spelling

posted on Feb, 5 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thread bump!

Still need to figure out how to dither my pic size down... so no pics ((yet).

Nice local porter on tap!

posted on Feb, 16 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I prefer the lighter and sweeter beers. With that said, two of my favorites are the Hard Apple Ale from Broken Tooth Brewery in Anchorage, Alaska and Sam Adams Cherry Wheat.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join