It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mummy Shows Some Ancient Egyptians Bleached Their Skin

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 24 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

Rome.t n Kemet - the people of Black (Egyptians); Coptic "Rmnk"
Kemetou - Blacks (ie, 'citizens')
Kememou - Black people (of the Black nation); and as Budge points
out, this word is preceded by "Na" which indicates the plural - "Na Kememou", which
in both Ancient and Modern Coptic Egyptian ("Ni Kmomou") means "The Blacks"
Had posted this earlier in one of my threads, however this do not mean that apart from any ideals and symbolism , that their daily lives they might not have been like modern day people with all kinds of contradictions,AAs and other modern Blacks will say Black is beautiful but will still get into shadism, I am not sure if that was the case with the lady but can't rule that out.

Budge is outdated and not very reliable.

"Km" is black. "Kmt" is "black land". The land we now refer to Nubia was called Kush en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 01:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: Byrd

Rome.t n Kemet - the people of Black (Egyptians); Coptic "Rmnk"
Kemetou - Blacks (ie, 'citizens')
Kememou - Black people (of the Black nation); and as Budge points
out, this word is preceded by "Na" which indicates the plural - "Na Kememou", which
in both Ancient and Modern Coptic Egyptian ("Ni Kmomou") means "The Blacks"
Had posted this earlier in one of my threads, however this do not mean that apart from any ideals and symbolism , that their daily lives they might not have been like modern day people with all kinds of contradictions,AAs and other modern Blacks will say Black is beautiful but will still get into shadism, I am not sure if that was the case with the lady but can't rule that out.

Budge is outdated and not very reliable.

"Km" is black. "Kmt" is "black land". The land we now refer to Nubia was called Kush en.wikipedia.org...

Well his translation may very well need updating but in the above case I think it's pretty basic, yes I know the land we now call "Nubia" is often times linked to Kush, but Nubia was simply the gold producing region of Kmt before there was a political entity as Kmt, these folks were a separate ethno-political entity from Kush who came on the scene later speaking a Nilo-Saharan language, but the "Nubians" before the rise of Kmt had territory that crossed over into today's Sudan from what is now known as Upper Egypt these were the A group culture known as the Ta-Setians , with the rise of Kemitian chiefs turned kings, they would put the lights out on that early kingdom and go on to unify, first all of upper Kmt and later the entire country down to the Med.

These Nilo Saharan speakers were just one of many political entities in the lands south of Kmt's border, you see where Yam is far to the south?? well they were the Kush , they would indeed engulf them all right up to the first cataract , where Kmt's first nome or district is, and was once where part of Ta Seti stood, Wawat was the rebel or rejectionist part of the now defunct Ta-Seti kingdom across the border in Sudan.

Many suspect that the Mentu named kings although Kemetian nationals had links to earlier dynasties and perhaps Ta-Setians, think of the complicated family relationships of the royals on Game Of Thrones or better yet European royals.

Btw if you could recommend some more up dated straight forward translations of kemetian language would be much obliged .

edit on 25-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Michael Jackson bleached his skin and he also did a music video with an ancient Egyptian theme. Maybe he was just trying to bring the old ways back, but no one understood.

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Btw if you could recommend some more up dated straight forward translations of kemetian language would be much obliged .

Kemet (the Black Land) was a reference to the Nile Delta area. The areas south of that were "Desheret" (red)

I have a number of PDF dictionaries - you'll find that the language changed over Egypt's 3,000+ year history to the point where the most recent (600 BC) were not able to read the oldest manuscripts. I use Collier and Manley (though it's not a dictionary)
Here are two that I use that are available and free online:
www.ancient-egypt.co.uk...

www.pyramidtextsonline.com...

posted on Jun, 25 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: BadwolfBratton
Michael Jackson bleached his skin and he also did a music video with an ancient Egyptian theme. Maybe he was just trying to bring the old ways back, but no one understood.

Coincidence?

I beg the differ.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Deity is derived from dyeu- "to gleam, to shine",

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Byrd

Much obliged will check it out..

edit on 26-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: rupertg

originally posted by: BadwolfBratton

Coincidence?

I beg the differ.

Yes coincidence, you'll find doppelgangers all over the world in space and time with out any real connect..

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Probably an attempt to make herself look like earlier Egyptians I would have thought, she knew she was like a duck out of water.

posted on Jun, 26 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: zinc12
Probably an attempt to make herself look like earlier Egyptians I would have thought, she knew she was like a duck out of water.

How so; what did earlier Kemetians looked like.
edit on 26-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

No, that's not it. IF she was Nubian, her skin tone was perfectly acceptable. We know from mummies and other evidence that there was a wide range of skin tones.

Since she was mummified, this means her family was upper class. Studying the names of the queens of Egypt reveals that a number of them (including some Great Wives) seem to be from Upper Egypt/Nubia. One set of Tut's grandparents came from Upper Egypt.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
All over the world, there is a sexual preference among men for fairer-skinned women. It has, as far as we can tell, persisted throughout history.

White guy here; not into white girls as much as other types.

Sounds like pseudo evolutionary psychology to me.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

"Kemetians" what are you talking about, you mean Egyptians...plenty of ancient wall art so no need to ponder.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: Bybyots

All over the world, there is a sexual preference among men for fairer-skinned women. It has, as far as we can tell, persisted throughout history. That is why, regardless of race, women have fairer skins than men. It is the result of sexual selection.

Don’t ask me why. I don’t believe anyone knows, and I don’t subscribe to made-up just-so stories like ‘fair skin shows up blemishes better than dark, so it’s a fitness advertisement, like a peacock’s tail.’ It may be. Then again, it may not.

Astyanax,
It's evolutionary pressure, we are pre-programmed to be attracted to those who are most different from ourselves. It ensures a diverse gene pool.
The idea is well illustrated here in the US , I'm a product of it a white mother and Fillipino father, my
my Filipino cousins married white, Hispanic and black partners.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: zinc12

In all fairness, KM.T is what Egypt was called and is a reference to the dark soil of the Nile river valley as opposed to Deshret, the redish sand of the desserts. Aigyptos is an incorrect interpretation made by the Greeks based on one of the names for Thebes. When referencing ancient Egypt, it is much more appropriate to refer to Kemet or KM.T

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Basically, Middle Eastern types up around the Delta - and a spectrum down through Nubia where darker skinned people were more common. But you could find all ranges of skin tones in any village along the Nile. There does not seem to be a preference as to lighter skin or darker skin.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   

"Kemetians" what are you talking about, you mean Egyptians...plenty of ancient wall art so no need to ponder.

Yes the name they called their country and themselves, they would look at you funny if you called them Egyptians as that was a Greek word for one of their chief god Ptah. don't take my word for it.

Old English Egipte "the Egyptians," from French Egypte, from Greek Aigyptos "the river Nile, Egypt," from Amarna Hikuptah, corresponding to Egyptian Ha(t)-ka-ptah "temple of the soul of Ptah," the creative god associated with Memphis, the ancient city of Egypt. Strictly one of the names of Memphis, it was taken by the Greeks as the name of the whole country. The Egyptian name, Kemet, means "black country," possibly in reference to the rich delta soil. The Arabic is Misr, which is derived from Mizraim, the name of a son of Biblical Ham.
www.etymonline.com...

And Ham was etymologically connected to the Hebrew or Semitic rendering of the Kemetian, Khem or Kam meaning Black, used through out their religo/mythology as a group of supposedly related people due to their blackness.
As a person who is into history, I love peeling back the layers of foreign names and terms to get back to their source, hence I have stopped the use of word Thebes only, unless quoting someone, but used it in conjunction with the original name Nowe.
And yes I have seen plenty of wall paintings and sculptures and her "type" in no way make her out to be a duck out of water if indeed we are still talking about skin rather than features.
edit on 27-6-2016 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Basically, Middle Eastern types up around the Delta - and a spectrum down through Nubia where darker skinned people were more common. But you could find all ranges of skin tones in any village along the Nile. There does not seem to be a preference as to lighter skin or darker skin.

I understand that, however we should be careful here, when we say Middle Eastern the image is one of places like Iraq or places outside Africa proper with mainly sallow skinned populations, however it had been made clear to me that in Africa those folks were native sons and daughters, in this we can reference Keita, also tied to the fact that many folks living away from the continent were darker than what we have come to expect without them being "Africans" in any sense of the term.
Edit :
I am not saying that's a claim you made but many will misunderstand it that way.
edit on 27-6-2016 by Spider879 because: add content.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I understand that, however we should be careful here, when we say Middle Eastern the image is one of places like Iraq or places outside Africa proper with mainly sallow skinned populations, however it had been made clear to me that in Africa those folks were native sons and daughters, in this we can reference Keita, also tied to the fact that many folks living away from the continent were darker than what we have come to expect without them being "Africans" in any sense of the term.
Edit :
I am not saying that's a claim you made but many will misunderstand it that way.

You did understand me correctly -- both the mummies and the skeletal remains show that the Egyptians who lived in and around the Nile Delta and down towards Thebes were lighter skinned and generally looked like the Babylonians/Sumerians/other folks around the Mediterranean. The darker skinned folks were in the nomes to the south though this is not a hard rule because everyone traveled up and down the Nile. Skull from Nubia are quite similar to those from Ethiopia and other sub-Saharan areas.

posted on Jun, 27 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Yes the name they called their country and themselves, they would look at you funny if you called them Egyptians as that was a Greek word for one of their chief god Ptah. don't take my word for it.

Old English Egipte "the Egyptians," from French Egypte, from Greek Aigyptos "the river Nile, Egypt," from Amarna Hikuptah, corresponding to Egyptian Ha(t)-ka-ptah "temple of the soul of Ptah," the creative god associated with Memphis, the ancient city of Egypt. Strictly one of the names of Memphis, it was taken by the Greeks as the name of the whole country. The Egyptian name, Kemet, means "black country," possibly in reference to the rich delta soil. The Arabic is Misr, which is derived from Mizraim, the name of a son of Biblical Ham.
www.etymonline.com...

And Ham was etymologically connected to the Hebrew or Semitic rendering of the Kemetian, Khem or Kam meaning Black, used through out their religo/mythology as a group of supposedly related people due to their blackness.

The entry is incorrect -- "ha(t)-ka-ptah" was never the name of Amarna (the city of Akenaten) and the Arabic derivative ("name of a son of Ham") is a false connection. "Temple of Ptah" was applied to the whole of Egypt, and Misr is simply the word for "country." www.touregypt.net...

(edited to add that we know for dead certain that Amarna was NEVER "Temple of Ptah" because it was a new city in the middle of nowhere, started by Akhenaten (who destroyed all the gods that might rival his Aten-god) and abandoned within 10 years of his death.)
edit on 27-6-2016 by Byrd because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join