It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EU Referendum Remain Camp Insulting, Attacking Nigel Farage

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
If the UK leaves the EU Britain still must comply with EU standards in order to sell their goods in EU markets. I dont think the leave group has completely thought this thru in terms of what hoops the UK will be required to jump thru just to do business.

If that was true, then Iceland would have imploded by now. However, they are still doing quite well if not better according to a report that Zerohedge did many years ago showing a graph of before and after they left the EU.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
The EU has funded a lot of British jobs into other EU countries, Cadburys moved its British factory to Poland, with an EU grant, Ford transit moved to Turkey with an EU grant, Jaguar/Land rover moved to Slovakia with an EU grant, Peugeot moved to Slovakia with an EU grant, British army's new AFV to be built in Spain, using Swedish steel with an EU grant instead of being made in Wales, Dyson has gone to Malaysia using an EU loan, UK airports are owned by a Spanish company, The EU smashed the British fishing industry, I wont continue, some stupid European nut will say its Britain's fault.

Ah, Dyson, another leaver. Interesting that something about the EU/UK rankles him - is it the working hours directive, minimum wage, Health and Safety, something like that which has led to him off-shoring? Or is it because he refused to use the same labelling around energy usage as other vendors have to because it 'gave an unfair advantage to his competitors' (not quite sure how that works). Hardly a role model is he.

The EU loan thing though, I can't find anything that confirms that is a fact rather than an urban legend that's being treated as a fact - do you have a definitive link?

For the others you listed, UK companies are just as free to tender, as they are free to tender for work in all of the EU and further - that's not really a remain or leave question unless you are a real little-Englander that thinks that only UK owned companies should do work for the UK. If you honestly think that, and it actually happened, you do realise we would stand a snowballs chance in Hell of winning tenders in any other country don't you?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

Well, I voted out myself.

But Farage deserves everything he gets in my opinion. He may be all sorts of clued up about what's wrong with the EU more generally, but my grandfathers, both of whom fought total war for this country, would hang the dimwit by the ankles and beat him silly for being such a bastard about immigration, if either of them were still here to make their feelings known.

They did not kill for their country because they were selfish, nor did they help liberate Europe so that a bunch of xenophobic pissheads in suits could flourish on their home soil here in Britain. They did it to give my mothers generation, and mine, a chance to live in ever more freedom, and to secure for ourselves a future consisting of love between all human beings.

Farage... I would exile the bastard to Hungary, where his immigration policies might get some traction.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Rapha

Yeah because 332,000 citizens and a GDP of 14 billion compares equally with a country of 65 million and a GDP of 2.7 trillion.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Yeah because 332,000 citizens and a GDP of 14 billion compares equally with a country of 65 million and a GDP of 2.7 trillion.

Will this matter after the UK leaves and the German derivatives implode.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha

If the UK leaves the EU Britain still must comply with EU standards in order to sell their goods in EU markets. I dont think the leave group has completely thought this thru in terms of what hoops the UK will be required to jump thru just to do business.

If that was true, then Iceland would have imploded by now. However, they are still doing quite well if not better according to a report that Zerohedge did many years ago showing a graph of before and after they left the EU.

Right, they are really worth paying to attention to then aren't they seeing as Iceland didn't join the EU in the first place. You do know that Iceland are part of the Shengen area, they also are legally bound to implement all EU directives into their own laws, and that's just the tip of it.

Wikipedia, but please try and say the references supplies are all wrong.....

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit
The Farage and his party should strength if remain wins.

link   

My point is a lot of the issues people raise about being in the EU will be the very same issues that still exist when not a part of the EU and trying to do business with the EU. The same product requirements will still exist. You will still have the same immigration issues, etc...

**NSFW - Strong language at the end with their version of the EU anthem**

edit on 23-6-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

link   
Totally the same rhetoric and level of hate that led a mentally ill man to kill Jo Cox.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Raven95

The stronger they push to grow, the harder the righteous and compassionate will strive against them. They cannot become larger, or else Britain will become dystopian faster than you can say jackboots and we'll cut uniforms.
edit on 23-6-2016 by TrueBrit because: Correction

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 11:56 AM
link   

The same product requirements will still exist. You will still have the same immigration issues, etc...

At least with the exit, qualified foreigners with jobs given to them by UK companies will continue as normal.

Its the unqualified parasite scroungers that are the problem and they can now stay on the Titanic.

Anyway, i just voted out 10 minutes ago and am now going to sit back, watch and if England leaves then its going to be a laugh watching Europe implode.

i wonder what the PIGS countries are going to do if England does leave ? No one wants the German derivative time bomb.
edit on 23-6-2016 by Rapha because: Spelling

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Come on folks, Farage has insulted loads of people himself. If he can't take it he shouldn't dish it out.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:51 PM
link   

One of the requirements though to access the EU common market is free flow of labor. The UK would still be bound by it.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   
German news reported right now, that the european stock exchange data is raising. as if they know that the UK stays.

So if they stay really now, "conspiracy theory"....

edit on 23 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

One of the requirements though to access the EU common market is free flow of labor. The UK would still be bound by it.

Not necessarily, neither side's industry wants tarriffs. It would be a fool who insisted on them.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SprocketUK

Its an EU market requirement.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DerBeobachter
German news reported right now, that the european stock exchange data is raising. as if they know that the UK stays.

So if they stay really now, "conspiracy theory"....

ftse and pound too, looks like we pass the iq test and aren't as racist a country that farage and his disciples believe.
the pencils one has been debunked already, but we are ready for more lies, the entire leave campaign has been based on them.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
we had to use pencils to mark our vote, I don't usually vote so is this normal or is it usually pens. Thanks in advance

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: w33wmk81

Normally i would use a pen because you never know they could easily eraser your vote.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   

a reply to: SprocketUK

Its an EU market requirement.

Considering the head of the German CBI says nein, then what do you think will happen?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join