It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Almost 2.5 million people on US watch lists.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

Asking that question gets you on the list… thats what they are waiting for. Why do you want to know? What are you hiding that makes you suspect? Better put em on the list and investigate them.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It's nice to know that our representatives are fighting for our constitutional rights. (sarc.)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I do not doubt this to be true. Simple flags are also all over the place as well. i.e:

As a very frequent flier, often 3 times a week, my flights are booked by the company...if I were to fly to Houston to Dallas and back twice in the same week and same airline (for instance)...I would go through an additional security check before I could continue to the concourse to regular TSA bording search. Personally, I just have grown to accept it.

The ticketing agent flags me even if I get my ticket from the Kiosk, when checking a bag. If I have no bag to check (which is often) no matter what that is a guarantee of an extra check. I have asked and I am always told, 'the check is generated by the system'...

The questions I am asked are inline its just a bit of an inconvienince, time consuming

mg

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: JaMeDoIt
Buy your ammo with cash and stay off the grid.

You just got put on a list for saying that on the internet..

If the anti-gunners get their way that's exactly what they want...

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Even if its 2 million people, thats a lot of people who face some type of restriction (flying) or additional scrutiny and suspicion.

I say it's time to file the biggest Class Action Law Suit against the government about this Watch list.

I am sure Hitler had his own Watch list as well.

It is illegal and unconstitutional. The fact is, we have due process of the law and all Americans are protected under that law.

The government formed this watch list "to punish Americans" who they deem a threat against them, not the American people.

When you have a Republic government going against The We The People it is time to remove this government under the second Amendment clause.

These are the fact, and most Americans do not realize We The People hold the Power to remove a Tyrannical government.

The Constitution was created to keep the government in check and now the government has trampled on the constitution.

We The People are to blame, to have allowed our bought and paid for Congress to pass illegal amendments against the Constitution.

2 Million Americans on a government Watch list, that is illegal, no one has been charged or found guilty of any crime, and yet Congress just past another unconstitutional law against most of these law biding Americans so now they cannot buy guns or own guns or leave the country.
edit on 21-6-2016 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The basic truth is they can't prevent what is coming, they just want to track everyone and their activity. They can't and aren't interested in protecting the public at large, they are really interested in protecting themselves from the public.

It's not really about protecting anyone. It's about jobs and making money.

The typical government employee thinks about how to make himself more relevant, so that his job is secure.

All activity is geared towards that solitary goal.

No one wants their department to be "obsoleted" , nor "closed down". They have to continually come up with reasons why they should be getting more of the taxpayers money coming into their pockets every month.

Terror-forming is a business. It's changing the landscape to create new reasons to be needed.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: AMPTAH

That too. They are also cowards, fearful of their lives. They want guns all around protecting them, the more the better. And the less the better in the hands of the public.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Cant help but to wonder which forums are under surveillance.

Or in the case of our government, which ones arent under surveillance.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

On Earth and in theheavens above.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: tothetenthpower

We give way too much credit to the 3 letter agencies of the United States. They wouldn't be able to monitor 20% of what goes on in American networks even if they tried.

Not the agencies, the tools they use. They only actively watch people currently under suspicion, but everyones electronic activity is monitored by computer software and flags are raised when certain key words or activity arise. They store all the other data for 'future reference'. You know, the part of Miranda Warning that says, "anything you say can and will be used against you".

Modern computer centers like the one in Ogden, Utah, provide the storage, ever increasing facial recognition software and ever 'fused' collaboration between all those local state and federal alphabet agencies insure a future scenario that has computers doing all the tracking of everyone, everywhere they go.

a computer 'center'

Yes. It's incomprehensible to me that people don't understand the concept of mass collection and storage of data. People also don't seem to grasp that things like metadata have A LOT of information packed into it with a quite small file size. So a terrabyte worth of metadata could very well be MANY YEARS worth of metadata from one person.

I don't know. Modern compression has even made voice recordings surprisingly small.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   

You know how a dam catches all the water that comes down stream and stores it?

Like that. Every thing is captured and stored behind the dam. They cant read it all but they can do searchers with programming to look back on it all and see who's is whatsis, if need be. They can analyze the water in the dam, too looking of toxins and trace back to where it comes from.

Think about it. Every post you make here is saved on some server somewhere, right? All your activity on your home computer is saved on your HD, right? Especially if you do "back up".

All your online activity is funneled through choke points on the way to somewhere, thats where they collect it.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: GiulXainx
Is there anyway we can search those lists to see what names are on them? I'd like to see if i made any of those lists.

Just try to fly somewhere. If ur on a list u get singled out for additional screening every. Single. Time. It's awesome. I stopped flying altogether. (Mainly because of the cramped conditions and horrific boredom.of sitting in airports, but the constant security screenings were the last straw. Road trips are a lot more fun. Also, now I have a lower carbon footprint. Yay me)

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 11:13 PM
link   
You'd be shocked how many harmless little grandmas are on the "flag for additional screening" list. I've actually met a lot of people who are. It's always a bonding experience when you meet someone else who's totally harmless but somehow got flagged by the govt. I was flying a lot of 1 way trips to and from college before and after 9/11. Or maybe it was the time I checked out 1984 from a library. Who knows.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So if we use the actual number in the OP (~2,000,000), then people on watch lists are only...

Approximately 0.6% of the population.

Got it. That's not a very large number at all.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 12:04 AM
link   
The way this world is is pretty creepy! I faced the absurd blatant corruption of the government and am left in disbelief at some of the truth of this planet

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
How many of those people are Muslims?

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I know a flight attendant who is on the no fly list

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 08:53 PM
link   
I operate in the clear, it's part of my personal policy. If you don't like it, piss off.

Still, I never feel as if I'm hassled, what so ever. In my time, I've made a few local politicians cry themselves to sleep. I guess it's not a big deal.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join