It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2014: ISIS Goes Global 90 Attacks in 21 Countries: 1400 dead - The New Trend 2016 Onward

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I recently hit up Google Trends to look at key words on the rise and decided to input "ISIS" to see what sort of world search history this term had over the years...

It was a key note for me to zoom in on that tremendous spike in people searching for key word ISIS in 2014...and that was when CNN and other marketing media went live on feeding us this stupid term:

ISIS goes global: 90 attacks in 21 countries have killed nearly 1,400 people
www.cnn.com...

(CNN)Since declaring its caliphate in June 2014, the self-proclaimed Islamic State has conducted or inspired at least 90 terrorist attacks in 21 countries other than Iraq and Syria, where its carnage has taken a much deadlier toll. Those attacks have killed at least 1,390 people and injured more than 2,000 others.

In the above report there are numerous dates listed which outline attack days and terrorists involved in Europe, to North America and rest of world.

The growing threat, as we see today, is quite real...however, anything to do with "Islam, Radical, Terror, etc..." has a really high growing trend over the past twelve month to several years over let's say "nuclear warming, nuclear threat, nuclear etc..." which is on the decline pretty much since 2011.

Now I will swing sideways on this....Barack Obama says Global Warming is the number one threat to this world. But google trends this topic is on the decline...so it is contrary to his speeches.

Earlier in his campaign...DJT said Nuclear Warming was the number one threat to the world. However, google trends that topic is on decline, heck it was not really high on the search priority list until 2011 there was one spike.

Now I will swing from global search terms to "terrorism" in US google trends:

However, looking at key word search "ISIS"for US google trends:

Very similar in comparison. But I am sure there are probably other related search terms you can use to compare and contrast with other countries as well.

To my thread, the act of committing a terror attack is very real. It is the TREND amongst other things. People talk and tweet about it. It is more talked about than our Mother Earth (earthquakes, natural disaster events, pollution, climate change, etc...) or the threat of nuclear.

ISIS "command" has made the point of going global like a Multi National Corporation (MNC) and are in it to win it at all costs, sort to speak.

If something isn't done about this radical group, you will see this search term (ISIS) be the global leader for years to come.

My thread here is not to build up a huge historical data base on radical Islam or anything in depth, but rather to inform about the this trend being on the rise and real. From 2014 when this group went global, you can see the impact on how countries are trying to deal with this.

Not a very picture indeed...

That said with how politics are going...world leaders are seeing this growing threat and the new campaigns will be fought on security and guns...seeing how DJT has shifted gears from nuclear to speaking profoundly about radical threats and attacks...and democrats swaying away from but recognizing the threats and attacks...shows you the energy levels on the ISIS trend.

I don't know how other countries are dealing with it...but all I know politics and terror attacks (or prevention there of) go hand in hand.
edit on 19-6-2016 by Skywatcher2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:01 PM
link   
1400 is the bare minimum of their destructive cause.

I understand stand that you're only considering "terror attacks" that have been publicised but their fatality rate reaches into the tens of thousands if you consider the ethnic cleansing and genocide of Christians, Yazidis, Sunni tribes and Shia elements of society in Syria & Iraq.

Here's to their ultimate demise at the hands of true Warriors.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Those spikes in interest in your first graph were directly generated by the media. Not because of ISIS, but because of the main stream coverage.

The media is like a spotlight in a darkened stadium. It swings here and stops, then swings over there and stops. Whatever it steps on becomes the point of focus for everyone in the stadium.

I say turn off the spotlights and turn on the stadium lights. Let everyone see everything, not just whatever staged 'show' they put on.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Interesting

I wonder what the results for One Direction would look like, in comparison

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyMayhew
Interesting

I wonder what the results for One Direction would look like, in comparison

More like NSync where one group member takes off to stardom (JT) and the rest end up working in McDonalds lol

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:27 PM
link   
And your still more likely to get hit by lighting.

Forgive me for not cowering in fear at these barbarian scum.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The one, whoever it is, who wants to make us being afraid 24/7/365, has won.
Has won, when people´s lifes are controlled by fear.

It might be the terrorists, but it might also be the ones who tell us that we can´t live without fear, if they don´t save us from terrorism.

No "muslim terrorism", no reason and excuses for spying on all people. To strengthen laws and create new ones, for the loss of peoples liberty, for the profits of the "superheroes that save us from all evil on this earth, only for our security".

It seems that people are conditioned, controlled, their exaggerated fear is created by governments, secret services via Mass media. Little example, yesterday they caught 12 terrorists, have to release 9 of them instantly. Today someone forgot his luggage at the train station in brussells, mass media tells us something from planned attacks, "IS" here, "IS" there. What was in that luggage? Stuff people need when they do a journey. No "IS", no terrorism, no bombs, nothing.

But i bet, a lot of people now are more scared from terrorism than before two days. Because mass media nowadays is like:
"IS", Putin/russia, terror, terrorism, "IS", Putin/russia, terror attack, terror suspects, "IS", Putin/russia, terrorism, attackers, muslim, "IS", Putin/russia, terror bombs, terror networks, US elections, "IS", Putin/russia, radicalizing, "IS", Putin/russia, IS", Putin/russia...

And who profits from that fear, too, if it is really the terrorists(as we are told how they have to look, to act...) that are doing the nowadays terrorism? The individuals we allow to steal our liberty, to allegedly get some "security".
They wouldn´t have any reason to stop that terrorism, because that would make themselves superfluous.

If "we" didn´t create that whole terrorism thing to control "our" people in the west, to fear the hell out them, so that they accept the Brave New 1984 World, are even thankful instead of protesting against it, fighting against it, then we don´t have any reason to stop it, if we wanna go further into that, some call it new world order.

edit on 19 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Meanwhile more people die every day in the US from heart disease....

More terror coming out of a bucket of KFC than ISIS around my neighborhood.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

Its more the USA that seems the most scared and paranoid.

Ironic seeing as are the most heavly armed......

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
And your still more likely to get hit by lighting.

Forgive me for not cowering in fear at these barbarian scum.

The question is whether or not people search for these keys words for either curiosity, fear, facts, or knowledge.

I personally look at things in objectivity not out of fear. I have a belief that media is the propaganda for the fear used on people to search for key words relating to the subject of fear, even though there should be no fear to begin with.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I think it's the media, man. Personal observation shows me those who get sucked into the trash they call "news" here the more likely they are to be paranoid and flipped out over what are essentially non-issues.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: pl3bscheese

KFC = Kentucky Fake Chicken!

LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

It IS mass media that makes the people being feared! In order of that ones who control the mass media, and that is not "the people", but some rich and powerful individuals.

And if "they" really want to save us from all evil like terrorism, because one could die because of terrorism, why don´t they warn us from car accidents the whole time via mass media, why don´t they make us being feared of cars?

Why don´t they make us feared of bad food we have to buy if we are not billionaires?

Why don´t they make us feared of nations that behave on earth like bulls in a china shop, but tell us we have to copy their lifestyles and opinions?

Why don`t they make us being feared of planes that could crash on our heads, of lightnings that could hit us, of stress that kills us, etc?

So, do "they" REALLY want to save us from any evil, or are they just scaring the hell out of us, to create their surveillance society a´la GDR or China, but more worse, without us protesting against it, without us fighting against it, but being thankful for the "security" we never received and never will receive?

edit on 19 6 2016 by DerBeobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: DerBeobachter

I think it's a bit more complicated than that. The greedy fascists don't have absolute control, but they do influence the media and politics. In my mind there's many power factions vying for a piece of that power pie. Pretty well everyone already in power with a will to keep their position or gain a higher one is willing to take actions most common folk would find to be reprehensible.

I don't think the surveillance state can be so easily summed up as a tool of corporate/political elite. People with the power to operate these gadgets feel they are due a bit of control as well, whether that be local law enforcement, or whatever alphabet agency.

Anyways, it's even more complicated because in order to keep the illusion going, you have to allow peons to cover some real things that don't make much of a difference. You do have some policies put in place, or some news stories that flow out where they go off hardcore on "bad food"... but the people are too damned addicted to bother changing their habits.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

600,000+ a year. And that's just in the US.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
so ISIS was not US manufactured as it was so professed by many people on here? is this still not valid, have we moved on from that theory or...
what about taliban, alqueda mujardeen etc.. theyre just going to fade and a 'new enemy' is going to be manufactured? do people still believe this or am i a troll for pointing this out...

remember when they were ISIL.... what a world. i wonder who makes the naming decisions....

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

So far you are the only one who said the correct thing in this thread, and it's rather shameful that our membership has such a ridiculous perspective. It would be like if we were on the cusp of World War Two and comments about nazi Germany and its relative threat revolved around lighting and heart disease. #ing igmos

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

I don't think that's a fair comparison, and we've now gone from less than a day to perhaps a couple weeks of heart disease with this expanded definition.

Yea, I think it's ridiculous for us to buy into the fear-mongering. We're feeding what we claim to be against. It makes no sense.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

600,000+ a year. And that's just in the US.

If heart disease was such a HUGE issue of causes of death, then why aren't more people researching it out?

In terms of global search word trends, it appears that less people care about their health as it relates to causes of heart disease...so maybe cardiovascular disease is now the new norm and not so much of a concern in today's society?

Global Search trend for Heart Disease (US trend very similar)

I guess for this matter most people don't care if diet or sedentary lifestyles kills them..but if a human being kills a person then it hits mass media attention!

I simply don't get it

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Honestly, I think it's a combination of people being overly dramatic and kneejerk bigotry. People don't seem to worry about the things that are actually likely to kill them, like heart disease, cancer, car wrecks, flu and pneumonia, strokes, drug overdoses (legal and illegal), etc. But if it's some "scary" demographic of people, they jump all over it because it excites their imaginations and allows them to deflect from their real problems in life.

I guess it's like people telling scary stories around a campfire. If you tell a story about something realistic that can kill you, like choking to death on a pretzel, then everyone else will yawn. But if you tell a "confirmed" legend about a ghost that stalks kids from your bloodline, people will love it. It doesn't matter that there's no proof of any actual threat from kid-stalking ghosts.

Oh, here's where I get some of my US death stats. Now compare these actual causes of death for Americans with the 1,400 global ISIS-terror murders, then ask what the real threats are.

Leading Causes of Death

Heart disease: 614,348
• Cancer: 591,699
• Chronic lower respiratory diseases: 147,101
• Accidents (unintentional injuries): 136,053
• Stroke (cerebrovascular diseases): 133,103
• Alzheimer's disease: 93,541
• Diabetes: 76,488
• Influenza and pneumonia: 55,227
• Nephritis, nephrotic syndrome, and nephrosis: 48,146
• Intentional self-harm (suicide): 42,773

top topics