It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May Is Officially Earth's Hottest Month On Record.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

I fail to see the correlation of giving money to a bloated government bureaucracy and reducing temperatures.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Just simple questions.

If climate change is such a dire danger to the Earth, then why aren't solution being done now?

Why wait for an increase in taxes before doing anything?

Why does the man made crowd NEED people to believe it?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Until recently they even taxed Tampons for God's sake... well not really for his 'sake'. heh.

It's early wow, is it early, what am i doing up ?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: Kali74

I fail to see the correlation of giving money to a bloated government bureaucracy and reducing temperatures.

From another article buried in the OP's source. (emphasis mine)

"Some US$7.8 trillion will be invested globally in renewables between 2016 and 2040, two-thirds of the investment in all power generating capacity, but it would require trillions more to bring world emissions onto a track compatible with the United Nations 2 degrees Celsius climate target," says Henbest.

According to Andrew Freedman at Mashable, to meet what everyone agreed needed to happen at the Paris Conference, an additional US$5.3 trillion in new clean energy investment would need to be invested worldwide in the next 25 years.

The UN looks to feel pretty comfortable spending the US taxpayer's dollar, don't they? Those numbers add up to just over 13 Trillion. And they said they need moar. LOL

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I'll just drop this here for an alternative viewpoint. Take from it what you will.

Personally, I lean toward "cycles" being responsible.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Bobaganoosh

Nice Vid Bob! THX

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 08:59 AM
link   

If climate change is such a dire danger to the Earth, then why aren't solution being done now?

The best solution is to stop using fossil fuels which isn't going to happen if they are kept artificially cheap. Solar and wind can cut completely cut out the average consumer use of fossil fuels but they are expensive initially. Even private persons are trying to get solar cars into the market but some states won't let it happen... I don't hear too much crying about government being too big there. Could it be because of the programming that anything alternative to oil gas and coal is just being an earthy crunchy hippie?

There's other solutions too like mirrors in space and seeding clouds with reflective aerosols but there's great concerns with those creating a worse problem or being weaponized.

I think it takes a special kind of stupid to be swayed into thinking that global warming is just a scam to give governments more power and money... because when it gets bad (a generation or 3 from now) the authoritarian response is going to make Hitler look the Easter Bunny.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:00 AM
link   
You're already paying a tax on fossil fuels by the way... it's called the Defense Budget.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
Until recently they even taxed Tampons for God's sake...

Which proves that tampons do not really exist and are just a UN scam

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

I think it takes a special kind of stupid to be swayed into thinking that global warming is just a scam to give governments more power and money... because when it gets bad (a generation or 3 from now) the authoritarian response is going to make Hitler look the Easter Bunny.

I think it takes a special kind of stupid to trust government and believe that they aren't authoritarian now.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

If the AC at home, office, stores and transportation works what is the problem? If they leave the power plants alone we will have plenty of electricity.

If and it is a big if, there is such a thing as climate change we might need a boat at some future time or just move inland.

Don't need to waste tax money on pseudo science, give it away because someone wants to live on a barely above sea level island or try to drag third world countries into some utopian dream.

Climate change is just a scheme by the left to punish first world nations.

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Or a special kind of logic to assume I don't think government is authoritarian now.
edit on 6/19/2016 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Or a special kind of logic to assume I don't think government is authoritarian now.

So you willingly want to grant more money and control to an authoritarian government.

0_o

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyMayhew

Then what the fark is this thing doing in... nm.

Yes you're right they don't exist...

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Ever heard of a revenue neutral tax?

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Painterz

www.bom.gov.au...

southern Western Australia was the only part of the country where autumn temperatures tended to be average or below average. There were large areas of warmest on record covering eastern and northern Australia. Mean temperatures were more than three degrees warmer than average in some inland regions. Autumn rainfall, when averaged across the country, was close to normal, however this hides considerable variation from State to State. Rainfall was above average in South Australia, Tasmania and Western Australia, while Queensland, New South Wales, Victoria and the Northern Territory were drier than normal

We've had it pretty cool here in WA.
More fear mongering for an agenda. Yeah

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Strange... I thought this was supposed to cause worldwide famine and terrible storms?

Corn is already starting to tassle and everything is green and growing fast enough to almost see it. We also have had very few storms compared to 'normal.'

Has anyone checked to see if sea level is falling ?

TheRedneck

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
Yet throughout the last 18 years there has been no global temperature increase, according to the NOAA satellites, NASA satellites, and observations on the ground, are these 'hot' years inside peoples heads? perhaps 'they' don't deduct the cold temps from the hot ones for an average? or add all the temperatures and divide by two?

No, not in Alaska anyway. we are not imagining things. I have been here for about 20 years. about 17 of those years I could count on 9 long months of harsh cold snowy winter, and 3 months of gorgeous summer.

The past three years our winters have been like spring, very abnormally warm, and virtually no snow. Every single person that lives here has noticed. we are all wondering what happened to our winters.....

On top of that, temps around here have been in the high seventies occasionally low eighties several times this month.

so no winters, and oddly hot summers.....something is changing

posted on Jun, 19 2016 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Whenever there is a thread about record high GLOBAL temperatures you always get a few that will tell you they felt cold last week and think that has some major bearing on GLOBAL average.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join