It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The end of the Universe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:44 PM
link   
The end of the universe, assuming there is such a thing, is something that i have always wondered about. I mean if the universe did start off as an explosion then it must have something outside of it. What do you think it could be? I personally think its 'literally nothing. But what is nothing? Are minds arent capable of comprehending actual nothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Comprehend nothing?
Vacume, no air, no gravity, no matter, no light. Whats so hard to comprehend?

[edit on 083131p://53018 by instar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:53 PM
link   
excuse my choice if words, i meant visualise. You cant visualise nothing.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Sure you can, close your eyes, and ignore your sensory imput. No smells, no sounds, nothing to see, nothing to feel, a bit like deep sleep! Closest you could get is one of those sensory deprivation floatation chambers.
Your right though, you cant visualise nothing, vision requires light, if theres nothing to see, it stands to reason you cant see it! lol

[edit on 093131p://00019 by instar]

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 08:56 PM
link   
What's really fun is that thanks to quantum phsyics, not even nothing is neccesarily nothing.. god bless those quantum physics boys

Osiris

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   
im interested to here what those quantum physics guys say. Any articles or something that can give me info?

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Quantum physics says particles and anti-particles are always popping into existance and annihilating each other all of the time, even in a perfect vacuum or intergalactic space. Just do a Google search.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:39 PM
link   
If you want your head to explode think about what is outside the "nothing" that held the big bang. Man, this type of stuff can make your head hurt. I mean the universe has to have an end because nothing can go on for ever but what is beyond it? I believe our minds are incapable of comprehending and truly understanding the true "universe". If we could some how step out of our bodies and become spectators then maybe we could truly understand the world and universe that we exist in.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:42 PM
link   
there is no end to the universe because there is no begining! an infinite number of possibilities create a model for infinite number of universes and so on and so forth, imo

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
actaully if you belive in the "Big crunch" you would be sucked into the party as everything in the universe tries to occupy the same point. Quantum pysics is mind warping and only enjoyable for me when I am drunk. Of course last time that happened some friends of mine tried to figure out how many twinkess a person would have to eat in order to reach the speed of light.

posted on Jan, 16 2005 @ 10:57 PM
link   

I mean the universe has to have an end because nothing can go on for ever but what is beyond it?

Why not?

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jehosephat
Ofcourse last time that happened some friends of mine tried to figure out how many twinkess a person would have to eat in order to reach the speed of light.

Did they?

Most scientists believe that the universe is slowly loosing its energy from the big bang and it is currently in its middle age, soon, in ten billion years the universe will have no activity.

Surf

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:07 AM
link   
Losing energy from the big bang ?

As i heard it, the expansion of the universe is speeding up, due to the as yet not understood 'dark energy'.

Not sure what the implications of this are.... whether as this means that as everything gets further apart more quickly it'll just get colder and die more quickly Or will new matter form in the voids ? Does anybody know?

Anyway, didn't Douglas Adams say there was a restaurant at the end of the universe ? LOL

posted on Jan, 17 2005 @ 03:11 AM
link   
no one knows exactly how this will end. for all we know, it may never end or it could end tommorrow. there are no facts on how the big bang started so there are no facts on how the universe will end.

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   
stephan hawking will take off in his own rocket and save universe

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by skychief
If you want your head to explode think about what is outside the "nothing" that held the big bang. Man, this type of stuff can make your head hurt. I mean the universe has to have an end because nothing can go on for ever but what is beyond it? I believe our minds are incapable of comprehending and truly understanding the true "universe". If we could some how step out of our bodies and become spectators then maybe we could truly understand the world and universe that we exist in.

Actually, no the universe has no end to it, at lesat according to most theories.. because there is no space/time past the edge of the universe.. some theorize that when you reach the 'end' you simply apear on the other side of the universe, kinda like a pong game gone horribly wrong

Osiris

[edit]

Just pretend the universe is on the INSIDE the inside of a sphere, and you'll get the idea...

[/edit]

[edit on 18-1-2005 by otlg27]

posted on Jan, 18 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I heard the universe if more like a sphere, very bizarre, only makes you realize how mysterious this super unknown it is we live in..."Alive in the superunknown! first it steals your mind and then it steals your....soooouuuullll....." sorry

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
welll what if we're only a quark in a bigger universe. and then that ones the same and then the next and the next until it rolls over to a universe being an quark in our universe

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Whats outside the universe is the multiverse, technicly our universe is in the multiverse, I magine an infinently large semi-bright whitish-gray place with an infinite amount of spherical shaped objects, these objects are the different unverses, now even though you can see all the sides of one of the spheres inside its infinently large, i.e. more space inside than should be allowed by physics, Its like Marry Popins bag it was a small handbag yet she pulled a 6ft lamp out of it.

posted on Jan, 22 2005 @ 07:36 PM
link   
saying that there is a boundary to the universe, which is ever expanding. wouldn't the universe never stop expanding because im 13 and ive learned that in quite simple terms, nature wants to fill up empty space. which there could be infinite of beyond space's boundaries. Yes/No???

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join