It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with people, cows in Vietnam

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:15 PM
link   
The Federal Government launched an investigation into the apparent breach of the live export regulation after they were shown the footage by animal welfare group Animals Australia last week.

www.abc.net.au...
Warning: Vision in this story may disturb some viewers.

Is this just sadistic or common practice accepted as normal, as morally normal

Killing bovine in an abattoir with a sledge hammer, seriously.
Whats wrong with people, where is the compassion for animals.
Never been a fan of sharia laws execution methods but this

I kinda wonder where this world is headed when people can do this to a living creature, what does it say about what they can learn to do to other people, I guess what they do to other people.

What an awesome world

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

My family were butchers for generations this was fairly standard for some small slaughterhouses in the states into the 80s willing to bet even 90s.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

My family were butchers for generations this was fairly standard for some small slaughterhouses in the states into the 80s willing to bet even 90s.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:29 PM
link   

I've witness humans killing animals with half-inch tubing thru the heart just so they wouldn't have to cut the throat of the animal and have to hear it drown in its own blood.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, am happy it' being investigated.

originally posted by: Aeshma

Captive bolt guns replaced that for the most part being more humane-doesn't mean it's never used incorrectly especially when used on horses by those familiar with bovine anatomy.
edit on 16-6-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   

A sledgehammer sound pretty effective.

I could think of worse ways to go.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:22 PM
link   
This is why I can no longer eat meat and had you have said I would be a veggie today 10 years ago I would have put my life on it you was talking rubbish.

But as you grow up and learn about what "really" goes on you see that the meat and dairy industry is hideous and I have also found no amount of saying this to people makes a blind bit of difference.

If you are happy to eat tortured flesh because you are to lazy or have been sold the idea "Humans need meat" then carry on. But the pain and suffering is on your hands.

RA

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Are you not questioning the mindset of the people that do this everyday?,, I guess the age old response is "well its a job"..

RA

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

This is why I can no longer eat meat and had you have said I would be a veggie today 10 years ago I would have put my life on it you was talking rubbish.

If it bothers you that's fine.

It doesn't bother me and as long as you don't infringe on my eating habits then more power to you. Just don't become some PETA activist and start telling people what they can eat.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 11:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982

Are you not questioning the mindset of the people that do this everyday?,, I guess the age old response is "well its a job"..

RA

I would do it myself if I needed to eat. I don't see the problem.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   

It doesn't bother me and as long as you don't infringe on my eating habits then more power to you. Just don't become some PETA activist and start telling people what they can eat.

I am a meat eater as well, just think there should be a more humane way to kill the animal than the odd nine blows of a hammer

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 01:42 AM
link   

I fully understand the suffering of the animals I eat. I accept that death is a natural part of life. I hope that when I die, my body returns to the Earth to nourish what life lives after me.

But since you brought it up, every seed of every tomato that you eat is an infant tomato plant that you killed before it could ever experience the breath of life. Every sunflower seed you have eaten was bitterly robbed of the opportunity to grow into a flower. Every but, every pecan, ever kernel of corn, every grain of wheat that you ate, it died for you while it was still an embryo. Every bean sprout died in its infancy. Every head of lettuce died before having the opportunity to have children of its own. Fruiting plants are the only creature in existence to freely offer nourishment of part of its own body to another species. They do this so the seeds can be spread. If you ever ate any fruit without planting the seeds, then you stole it. Sweet dreams.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst
I fully understand the suffering of the animals I eat. I accept that death is a natural part of life.

I don't. This is why in my country we have decent animal welfare standards.

Half the world treat animals like they treat people - with contempt. Hopefully as these cultures become more civilised their treatment of animals will improve.

This is not the first time cattle exported from Australia have been cruelly mistreated by the buyer. I recall there were incidents recorded in Egypt where cattle were abused by the locals. I expect it's all too common.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

What an ignorant comment..

I no longer eat meat either and why should that be frowned upon?
Why do people get so defensive about eating meat?

Your comment similar to hearing someone say, "I don't mind gays, as long as they don't try and bum me"

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   

But as you grow up and learn about what "really" goes on you see that the meat and dairy industry is hideous and I have also found no amount of saying this to people makes a blind bit of difference.

If you are happy to eat tortured flesh because you are to lazy or have been sold the idea "Humans need meat" then carry on. But the pain and suffering is on your hands.

RA

It's one of the reasons I'm a vegetarian, too. The way I see it, we're blessed to live in a time where food is so plentiful that we can survive without eating meat. And I could no longer justify having animals killed just to satisfy a passing craving for a cheap burger, some fish sticks, or some chicken nuggets. The treatment of animals in many different factory farms only made the decision more obvious for me.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:14 AM
link   
There are massive economical factors also, we may well see in our lifetime a end to meat consumption as the grain needed to feed live stock simply will not be there. That currently leads on to third party companies using land "normally in developing countries" to produce live stock food causing a local shortage. The other option is farankenstien feed that will then cause no end of health issues years from now be it for the animal or the Human consuming it.

Since I quit meat and animal products on the whole I feel so much better health wise (Lost nearly 25KG) and then you have to ask why are so many athletes going Veggie or Vegan esp in endurance sports. But like I said no amount of pointing this out will change any minds you need to have "that bit of the brain" that says the way we consume meat today is unethical. I am currently living in the Philippines for 6 months and the way Pigs are treated here is terrible, just today I witnessed a young pig hog tied to the side of a jeepney right next to the exhaust choking and kicking, spend time with natural animals in a decent environment and many will be as sociable as a family dog. Fruit and Veg is so much easier to grow and healthier to consume, but then I guess you won't worry about any of that whilst you head to the local McDeath to get a BigMac?...

RA

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotheramethyst

I fully understand the suffering of the animals I eat. I accept that death is a natural part of life. I hope that when I die, my body returns to the Earth to nourish what life lives after me.

But since you brought it up, every seed of every tomato that you eat is an infant tomato plant that you killed before it could ever experience the breath of life. Every sunflower seed you have eaten was bitterly robbed of the opportunity to grow into a flower.

WHAT????.....

I am not sure this is even serious??.

You are trying to connect a Tomato seed with the murder of a cow with a sledge hammer by a psychopath??

RA

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misterlondon

Your comment similar to hearing someone say, "I don't mind gays, as long as they don't try and bum me"

Completely different kettle of fish my good man. I have never met a gay man that tries to randomly bum people but over the years i have come across many veggies and vegans that actively try to force their views on to you.

The people that annoy me over this issue are the hypocrites, for example the meat eaters that don't like to think about how they get their food, or the veggies that eat fish or the occasional bacon sandwich (because no one can give up bacon!).

We may be more "humane" in the West with how we kill our meat, but you could argue that Vietnamese farming practices overall are actually much more "humane" than our Western intensive farming methods.

Is this just another "we are better in the West" thread?

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Spot on about the preachiness of vegetarians. I maybe prefer to be left in the dark about how my meat is made. I always hear people say eating meat is bad for your health but every vegetarian I know is nutrient deficienct and fat. Just leave me alone with my bacon and beef and focus on your own life.
edit on 6152016xJune000000Friday17America/ChicagoFri, 17 Jun 2016 08:46:27 -0500 by BoxFulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   

RA

It's also one of the main reasons I chose to stop eating meat.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join