It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with people, cows in Vietnam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BoxFulder
Spot on about the preachiness of vegetarians. I maybe prefer to be left in the dark about how my meat is made. I always hear people say eating meat is bad for your health but every vegetarian I know is nutrient deficienct and fat. Just leave me alone with my bacon and beef and focus on your own life.

Maybe the "preachiness" as you say is due to being more aware of the suffering the meat and dairy industry brings to animals that like you and me feel fear and pain.

Meat is not just bad for one's health it is catastrophic, look at the links between meat consumption esp Red meat and pork and Cancer. It is one of the main reasons the west has a cancer epidemic along with obesity.

How do you know the vegetarians you associate with are nutrient deficient?, also I would questions ones life style if they are fat and eating a healthier diet. It all goes hand in hand with exercise and being active. If you are a veggie and just eating the "4 cheese pizza deal" everyday of course you will put on weight as cheese being a animal product has a high degree of Fat and saturated Fat esp if you are doing zero or little exercise.

Thailand where I was last month still has a very "Asian" diet of fresh fruit and veg, rice that is prepared in a proper human size portion "not BUCKET", there are very few people there that are over weight and I actually struggle to remember any. These people look like marathan runners yet they are not "fit" and they are not hitting the gym everyday.

Now I am in the Philippines that in the last 10-15 years has seen a boom in fast food (McSh1t, Jollidee, KFC,Wendy to name a few), where overall food quality is total crap and you now have two generations of fat and obese people?.. You do not think this is linked to turning away from a Asian diet and onto a more western junk food option..

If you have been sold the idea you need to "man up" and eat a steak by the meat and diary industry then fine carry on but maybe for your own health and just feeling a lot better in yourself you should ask have I been sold a lie to maintain the status quo. It is becoming quite apparent that the best diet is a high Carb with natural sugar with low fat joined with exercise water and sleep. Like I said previous more and more athletes are becoming veggie and vegan yet people that sit on their ass all day in comparison still claim "we need meat", I very much doubt that these same people put their body through what a Marathan runner does or a Ice Hockey player or professional cyclist.

RA

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You can shoot a cow with an rpg in some parts of Vietnam for a tenner just to watch it explode and fly apart, brutally killing them for meat is actually a step up.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

I grew up in northern Idaho, and we raised and slaughtered cattle. I don't approve of the manner in which the cows are killed in the video. Why? Because it is not exacting enough, and involves force rather than placement. Force without placement doesn't always equate to a clean, painless death.

When my Dad and others killed cows it was with a couple pound hand maul. There is a swirl of hair in the middle of the forehead of most cows. That is the soft spot. These cows were not afraid of us, and it was a humane death which dropped the cows immediately. I have seen cows shot in the same spot. I didn't see a difference insofar as the "cleanness" of their death.

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

I'm in the Philippines too coincidentally. Meat is not bad for your health. Eating meat is why brains have developed as large as they have during the last evolutionary phase. Yes some atlethes are vegetarians but the overwhelming majority of those are not but please highlight the few that are. Ideally an omnivore diet is healthiest and it's what humans beings (going by teeth) are designed to eat. Seriously what doesn't cause cancer now a days?

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
This is why I can no longer eat meat and had you have said I would be a veggie today 10 years ago I would have put my life on it you was talking rubbish.

But as you grow up and learn about what "really" goes on you see that the meat and dairy industry is hideous and I have also found no amount of saying this to people makes a blind bit of difference.

If you are happy to eat tortured flesh because you are to lazy or have been sold the idea "Humans need meat" then carry on. But the pain and suffering is on your hands.

RA

A lot of Vegetarians didn't have much option until China came about with Soy products. Asians always comes around and some how save the day at the end. It is weird. I know. Now everyone has an option to eat bugs.

edit on 18-6-2016 by makemap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: makemap

This is why I can no longer eat meat and had you have said I would be a veggie today 10 years ago I would have put my life on it you was talking rubbish.

But as you grow up and learn about what "really" goes on you see that the meat and dairy industry is hideous and I have also found no amount of saying this to people makes a blind bit of difference.

If you are happy to eat tortured flesh because you are to lazy or have been sold the idea "Humans need meat" then carry on. But the pain and suffering is on your hands.

RA

A lot of Vegetarians didn't have much option until China came about with Soy products. Asians always comes around and some how save the day at the end. It is weird. I know. Now everyone has an option to eat bugs.

You can be vegetarian without eating soy products. For example, I'm cooking some hash browns and blueberry pancakes right now, with either orange juice or dark chocolate almond milk (haven't decided yet). And virtually all pastas have meatless/vegetarian versions. We can eat everything except meats.

With that being said, soy products can be amazing too.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: makemap

It is far easier to plant Fruit and veg than it is to plant a cow, If people started to actually cook their own food rather than rely on fast food chain stores avoiding meat is actually very easy and there are tons of options??..

RE Veggie athletes, Chris Froome the current Tour De france winner is a Vegetarian and so are a number of Marathan runners and endurance athletes.

It is not a sport I have any interest in but Nate Diaz the UFC fighter is Vegan.

I do not normally like posting links to sources such as this but you may find it a good read and something to look into.

www.therichest.com...

I am actually shocked at the difference between the average Thai person and the average "younger" Filipino re body size, esp within towns not so much Rural, and where I am in Aklan is it coincidental that the town has a massive Mcdonalds that is packed?. I will say that I think overall the quality of food in the Philippines is quite bad and I know when you say this to a proud Filipino it cuts deep and the denial starts but it is true. This blog post outlined almost to letter what I think about the current food supply situation in the Philippines, again this is worth a read and it is food (Pun) for thought.

etramping.com...

Re the human brain, well lets be honest yes we have done some good things but we are far from hitting our potential? The aliens still will not talk to us. A Majority of the western world "and the newly rich third world" are either obese or are becoming obese fast. Why do you think that is?.. It is not from eating clean and healthy foods.. I also think it is ironic that people eat crap then wonder why they have no energy to then drink coffee to then drive a car to a gym to ride a bike...

Yes "everything" may cause Cancer but when you have a country "Australia" that has what is being classed a bowel and stomach Cancer epidemic due to their love of meat consumption then what does that say?. Again you ain't getting cancer from good health fruit and veg although Monsanto in the future may have something to say about it.

www.cancercouncil.com.au...

Meat esp processed meat is a carcinogen there is no getting away from that.. Not to mention you need to sledgehammer a cow to death in a torture chamber to get it. But as normal nothing to see here..

RA

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 10:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

It's a slaughter house in a third world country. To be honest I'm amazed they use a sledge hammer instead of just cutting off there head.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

WHAT????.....

I am not sure this is even serious??.

You are trying to connect a Tomato seed with the murder of a cow with a sledge hammer by a psychopath??

RA

A bit like saying everyone who eats meat is responsible for psychos sledge-hammering cows for kicks.
There are ways to eat meat that has been reared well and treated well and not support factory and industrial scale farming.
Not everyone who eats meat needs to 'grow up' either, maybe try not insulting everyone who makes different dietary and lifestyle choices to you.

posted on Aug, 2 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: stargatetravels

Like I said it is up to the person to decide, but many people have zero idea what goes on for that steak or pork chop to get on the shelf. If they visit a slaughter house I would say many would be appalled. Have you heard a Pig scream as it is being tied up for slaughter, it's f#cking hideous.

You are also missing the point that was pointed out earlier, sledge hammers have been used in slaughter houses so yes if you eat the product that is killed like that you are responsible but then we live in a world of pass the buck so I see little reason why that will not apply here. Ignorance is bliss and all that, I know I am going up against a life time of Man up eat a steak you need that to be strong blah blah, All whilst the massive gut is wobbling around(In general not directed at anyone). I have just been out and cycled 70 miles with 4000f of elevation I did this on a Vegan diet not hopes and dreams.

Personally I am happy to see through the BS and I am now a good few years Veggie, I am way fitter and healthy than I have ever been before and have more energy than I know what to do with. It is a fairly common statement you will hear when people make the change.

A good docu to watch is Forks over knives

www.imdb.com...

I does make me laugh that even know my extended family cannot understand why I do not eat meat, yet I am the one that is trim and athletic and they are all well over weight with high blood pressure and massive guts and bugger all energy, (Face palm)

Very good news report here

Also I do not understand the "Grow up" insulting someone statement?. It was clearly in relation to myself getting older and wiser?.. And with everything that I have posted here you try and use that?.

World Healthy Org, links between meat consumption and Cancer.
www.cancer.org...

China study break down, the biggest study ever done on diet confirms Meat consumption and severe disease link.
www.cancertutor.com...

Of course the meat industry does not want this to be known...

If you enjoy a BBQ then great go ahead, but this information should not be ignored as Obesity and Cancer are at the forefront of our current health issues that is before we take heart disease into the equation.

RA

edit on 2-8-2016 by slider1982 because: added

edit on 2-8-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

edit on 2-8-2016 by slider1982 because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2016 by slider1982 because: broken link

edit on 2-8-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join