It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama has ordered flags at half-staff more than any president in history...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Obama has spent almost 6% of his presidency in a period of national mourning.

Does this bother anyone that Obama has ordered flags at half-staff more than any other president? Is this a waste of 6% of his time being in a period of national mourning?

With his tenure in office marked by terror attacks and mass shootings, President Obama has reached a sad but remarkable milestone in his presidency: He has ordered the lowering of the nation's flags to half-staff more often than any president in history.
On Sunday, Obama extended that unenviable streak even further, ordering all flags at federal buildings and ships at sea to be flown at half-staff to honor the 49 victims of the Orlando nightclub shooting.

Source www.wtsp.com...
Edit spelling

edit on 6 15 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12

WE also have had 16 Massacres during his presidency, does that bother you?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It should have been kept at half mast for his entire presidency.
Our nation is in crisis.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Doesn't bother me. Events have caused him to do so. You are upset he shows national mourning by taking a few seconds to say 'put the flag at half mast'? Where do you come up with 6% of his time?
edit on 15-6-2016 by reldra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quantum12
Does this bother anyone that Obama has ordered flags at half-staff more than any other president? I this a waste of 6% of his time being in a period of national mourning?

Doesn't bother me. You do know that he's not just sitting there staring at the wall all the time the flag is at half staff, right? It probably takes 2-3 seconds of his time to order the flag to be lowered.

Why should it bother us?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Next post on ATS is going to be "Obama took a step today" did this harm the country?

For real, I get it..Many people on ATS think Obama is the cause of every bad thing that has ever happened in the history of the world but honestly what impact do you think that 6% actually has on anything?

Do you think that during that 6% he just sits in his office being sad or that while the flags are lowered he is doing other things?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

This does not bother me at all, I was just asking if anyone is bothered by this. I was happy to see the flags half-mast today for the 49 people who were killed in Florida.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

Doesn't bother me. Events have caused him to do so. You are upset he shows national mourning by taking a few seconds to say 'put the flag at half mast'? Where do you come up with 6% of his time?

It is 6% of his presidency that the nation has been 'in mourning' marked by the state of flags. Not 6% of his job activities.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

It's the presidential thing to do for this incident and all incidents of mass murder going foward

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Lol, your have it right Relda as always. 👍🏽

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
They should be at half-mast.

What bothers me is that under Obama, we have become more divided and less tolerant.

He started the race baiting black vs. white match 9 months into his first term when he weighed in on a local issue in MA regarding a suspected break-in. That resulted in the much publicized idiotic Beer Summit. He's been going at it ever since....Trayvon Martin, Michael Brown, Freddie Gray, etc. etc.

What resulted? Race riots and deaths and property damage in the hundreds of millions of dollars. He had an agenda from the start, and deaths have resulted from his stupidity and ineptness and personal prejudices.
We have allowed unfettered immigration with no controls much less monitoring from countries that should have had limits on them and careful vetting. This is not 1910. This is 15 years post 9/11 for heaven's sake!

What resulted? Terrorist attacks by radical muslims. San Bernadino, Ft. Hood, Chattanooga, Orlando, etc. etc. More death.
He has tied the hands of border agents and others. He has allowed sanctuary cities to become havens of illegality where innocent Americans have been raped, murdered, burglarized, by illegal immigrants.

What resulted? The deaths of citizens like Kate Steinle.

I could go on and on. So, he should keep our flag at half-mast. He has become The President of Death.
edit on 15-6-2016 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
It should have been kept at half mast for his entire presidency.
Our nation is in crisis.

Someone should have flown the WH flag upside down.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:24 PM
link   

No. It doesn't bother me. I don't think he stands with his hand over his heart the whole time.
To write out the order probably took a few minutes because he included all federal buildings ,national parks and military vessels to also fly at half staff. Even if it took five minutes.

Do say if it bothers you. And why.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

No it does not bother me. I was just interested if this bothered some people. I see it does not! Thank you kindly!

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Obama has ordered flags at half-staff more than any president in history...

First off I'm not a Obama supporter anymore.

Second, I find it sad as this is how a modern civilization has evolved. Things are way different from when I was younger. Mass murders in schools, and clubs. Can't walk down the street without being murdered or robbed or raped. TV shows filled with sex and violence, video games filled with the same. Perversion and pedophilia everywhere I turn.
Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't ordered it more than he has.

I am sad that people of race, gender and beliefs can't get along. This is the 22nd century not the dark ages shouldn't we be working together to solve our problems other than killing one another for our Nikes. Feeding the helpless, sheltering the poor, you know doing the right thing

All I see is greed, ego and maniacal actions that make me cringe. This hole "keeping up with Kardashian" mentally is driving this country in the ground. Where has the moral and the just gone?

Kind of rambling rant and I apologize but this is how I see the current state of the union (and the world for that matter).

As for flying the flag at half staff, lost its importance to me when it was flown for a singer that died of a drug overdose.
edit on 15-6-2016 by hillbilly4rent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I would ask two more questions.
1. What is the normal percentage. Is 6% higher or lower than normal?
2. Why is it higher or lower with Obama. Does he lower for the same things as other presidents and if not why?

OK, I will stop. I sound like a teacher. LOL

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Wait a second. So now his critics are complaining because he doesn't spend enough time doing his job? If you really think he sucks at his job, why would you want him to spend more time doingit? Shouldn't you be hoping he spends all of his time away from "work", so he'll have less of an influence on day to day operations?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Ok lol, I will go look into Bush and his dad if the had a %.

top topics

join