It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREXIT takes sizable lead amid fears of unchecked immigration.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Brexit poll boost as migration fears grow: Out camp takes SEVEN-POINT lead amid warnings of UK population surge.

The Remain campaign was in meltdown last night over mass migration.

Three opinion polls gave Brexit leads of up to seven points following a fortnight in which immigration became the dominant issue in the referendum.

A report yesterday warned the UK population will pass 76million by 2035 – most of the arrivals coming from the EU.

The study follows official statistics revealing that net migration rose to a near record 333,000 last year.

Yesterday senior Labour figures were called in to shore up Remain support in the party’s northern heartlands. But Gordon Brown continued to insist that EU migration was not ‘uncontrolled’.

Within hours he was flatly contradicted by his ex-sidekick Ed Balls who said Britain needed to ‘restore proper borders’.

The former shadow chancellor also said the deal secured by David Cameron on limiting migrant benefits did not go far enough.

With only nine days until the historic vote on continued EU membership: n European Council president Donald Tusk claimed Brexit could trigger the end of ‘Western political civilisation’;

Figures showed the EU has granted citizenship to five million migrants since 2009 – giving them free access to the UK;

Its a bit unclear as to the wording of the 5 million number. They gave "free access", meaning citizenship or just the ability to come and go as they please?

Regardless, this is good news.

I would imagine that the Orlando event may have helped to play a part in the new poll numbers.

As usual, the "REMAIN" campaign is turning up the scare tactics claiming an exit from the EU will be the "end of Western political civilization".

By protecting a nation's borders and sovereignty? Yah ok.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I will be very surprised, and pleased for the UK if they actually manage to pass the vote in favor of leaving.

I will not be surprised if they stay in, all succession votes I've seen involving anything to do with the UK, usually chicken out and stay where they are.

However, I would suspect voter fraud, if they stay, especially if the vote margins widen more and more as it gets closer to the actual vote.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   

The study follows official statistics revealing that net migration rose to a near record 333,000 last year.

What about the increasing number of channel crossings? Dose it matter what non binding referendums (opinion polls) about leaving or staying in the EU will do for the flood of refugees into Europe?

article

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:49 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

The lead for Leave at this stage is welcome but still only a small snapshot of opinion , I don't think the events in Orlando have had any effect on the polls here.
I think internal politics and the desperate scare tactics of the Remain camp are working against them and they are the architects of their own defeat.

To steal a catchphrase from an American , It's time to make Britain great again.
Rule Britannia.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I'm praying that the country votes to leave the EU. However, and as someone has already mentioned, would not be surprised in the least if we vote to remain part of the EU.

I don't know anybody that wants to remain actually, but a vote to remain wouldn't surprise me. If the remain camp achieves anything over 50% it's got to be rigged.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

But Gordon Brown continued to insist that EU migration was not ‘uncontrolled’.

He needs desperately to crawl out from under his rock where he has been hiding and talk to the Greek and Cyprus administrations at least.
And I dont have any skin in the game.
Forgive this friend from across the big pond if I was out of line.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere

Brexit poll boost as migration fears grow: Out camp takes SEVEN-POINT lead amid warnings of UK population surge.

Britain's special status

edit on 15-6-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 06:54 AM
link   
after the sham scottish vote, which was, lets face it a dry run for this vote, we all know which way this is going to go.
only there wont be any footage of ballots being wrongly stacked or counted, thrown in the bin, stacked in the back of vans in boxes, those boxes stacked at the back of buildings.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Interestingly, in 2013 640,000 people settled in the UK, but 330,000 left the UK....mostly natives left I would think.

The destination for most "Britons" was/is Australia, then the USA, then NZ, then Spain.

Still, how and why do you British natives invite 300,000+ people every year....where do you all fit????

Great Britain is roughly the size of Australia's second SMALLEST state.

Tho there still seems to be lots of open space there, going by all the TV shows in the country.....looks divine.

edit on 15-6-2016 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: gort51
Tho there still seems to be lots of open space there, going by all the TV shows in the country.....looks divine.

Won't look divine for very long when it's all built on to house the vastly increasing

population the UK seems unable to control due to the EU's open borders policy.

There are BIG problems in other parts of Europe too due to this open borders policy

and Angela Merkels invitation to take in virtual nations, and it seems there is a news

and media blackout on these problems .....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Hypothetical scenario. Let's say leaving EU passes and is acknowledged by the Gov't. When does it actually happen?

What would be the timeline ? Six months? Five years? After all, complex and delicate negotiations would be required. (Cough, cough.)Would the influx of refugees that already are in the U.K. be a bargaining chip? Keep them or suffer sanctions from EU?

Human rights, after all...

Would the flood continue during this 'negotiation' period, or even increase massively? Is this transitional period used to form alternative agreements that effectively maintain corporate and immigration/refugee pacts that were previously under the EU label and therefore result in no effective change?

Then there's the U.N. law that requires that nations accept ALL refugees pending individual verification of the refugee status claimed? I believe it takes two years in Canada to confirm or deny that status after arrival....most are confirmed and the rest tend to disappear. During that two year period, all room and board transportation and medical is covered....

There seems a tad more to break from than just the EU. How does one address the 'in-house' vermin that set this mess up and still retain the same power and influence even after a split from the EU?

edit on 15-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   

As usual, the "REMAIN" campaign is turning up the scare tactics claiming an exit from the EU will be the "end of Western political civilization".

an end...to...western...political...civilization ? That doesnt sound that bad at all.

They may have unknowingly boosted numbers for the "out" campaign.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Hypothetical scenario. Let's say leaving EU passes and is acknowledged by the Gov't. When does it actually happen?

It's generally accepted that it will take up to two years for Britain to fully leave the EU but from day one of a leave vote we will be exempt from any future EU rules / regulations and laws.
The two year period will give the UK time to renegotiate trade deals and give the EU time to get its head together after the shock loss of the 5th largest economy in the world.

Then I guess we prepare for the next Scottish referendum , if it happens.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I reckon the leave lead just jumped after the "Battle of the Thames" Where multimillionaire, non dom tax fiddler Bob Geldof and his rich guests sneered and jeered at a procession of fishing boats crewed by working class people who are struggling to make ends meet because of EU rules.

pbs.twimg.com...

Disgusting people.

pbs.twimg.com...:large

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Thanks for the information...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker
There seems a tad more to break from than just the EU. How does one address the 'in-house' vermin that set this mess up and still retain the same power and influence even after a split from the EU?

David Cameron gave the people of the UK a voice in the future of their country,

the referendum. He himself should have had no active part in it.

His and George Osborne's behavior has to say the least been appaling.

If we leave the EU ... It is my view that there should be an election, as in

leaving the EU we will be a whole different country, severed from the EU and

independent. And the people of the UK should have the opportunity

to rid themselves of the two faced, threatening leaders who forced and tried

every which way to keep us *IN* the EU for whatever benefit to themselves.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

David Cameron gave the people of the UK a voice in the future of their country,

the referendum. He himself should have had no active part in it.

His and George Osborne's behavior has to say the least been appaling.

If we leave the EU ... It is my view that there should be an election, as in

leaving the EU we will be a whole different country, severed from the EU and

independent. And the people of the UK should have the opportunity

to rid themselves of the two faced, threatening leaders who forced and tried

every which way to keep us *IN* the EU for whatever benefit to themselves.

That seems a good 'first step'...

Then one would require someone running that was both cognizant of the 'machine' that is behind all of this AND willing to step out and up to both voice it and, at least, begin the process of cleaning house...

Out of curiosity, does that ring a bell with any current political candidate...inside or outside the U.K.?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

What would be the timeline ? Six months? Five years? After all, complex and delicate negotiations would be required. (Cough, cough.)Would the influx of refugees that already are in the U.K. be a bargaining chip? Keep them or suffer sanctions from EU?

Human rights, after all...

Would the flood continue during this 'negotiation' period, or even increase massively? Is this transitional period used to form alternative agreements that effectively maintain corporate and immigration/refugee pacts that were previously under the EU label and therefore result in no effective change?

Then there's the U.N. law that requires that nations accept ALL refugees pending individual verification of the refugee status claimed? I believe it takes two years in Canada to confirm or deny that status after arrival....most are confirmed and the rest tend to disappear. During that two year period, all room and board transportation and medical is covered....

All nations accept 'refugee's? How many has Japan accepted? saudi arabia? Brazil? India? Pakistan? Australia? New Zealand? Chile?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: pikestaff

Agreed, not all 'bend knee' to the U.N.. If there's no significant change in your current gov't, I'd be concerned that there is no assurance that there'd be any change in the overall policy on immigration.

Perhaps setting a date for elections....down the road....delaying any significant alteration to the influx.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

That seems a good 'first step'...

Then one would require someone running that was both cognizant of the 'machine' that is behind all of this AND willing to step out and up to both voice it and, at least, begin the process of cleaning house...

Out of curiosity, does that ring a bell with any current political candidate...inside or outside the U.K.?

Haven't thought of it in any great depth yet .... At present my one great concern

is GET THE HELL OUT the rest will be a bonus.

The candidate to lead the country should be someone who believes that

Britain is great and capable, and doesn't constantly talk it down. At this minute in

time the only person i can think of who has done this from before day one is

Nigel Farrage!!!

But hey!! first things first .... like OUT!

Edit to add.....

And Nigel Farrage is not even leader of the official *OUT* campaign

How odd is that

edit on 15-6-2016 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join