It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREXIT takes sizable lead amid fears of unchecked immigration.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Safe to say the reason he isn't a 'leader' is due to the fact he says it?....

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:28 PM
link   
something I posted elsewhere

I have the feeling that the Russian thugs in France for the Euros are part of a bigger plan - I think they're there to cause trouble specifically so that more British people are persuaded that we're better to be out of the EU - this will then lead to other countries leaving the EU over the next few years, and the eventual destabilisation and breakdown of Europe, thus leaving the door wide open for Russia to start an expansion plan back into countries that it sees as being Russian rather than European.

no basis in fact for this, just wild supposition, but it could be true.

As Mike at the festival said - don't think of any of the reasons for in/out, or what we currently get or don't get, or what we might have or not have if we leave. Think of it like a divorce - there is a choice, stay in (don't get divorced), or leave (get divorced, and go through all the hassle, process, legal disputes, custody battles, etc, etc, etc, that come with a divorce, with no gaurentee of anything in the future). Getting divorced is only worth it if the current relationship is so terribly bad that the hellish divorce process is worth the final outcome of separation. Lawyers will get paid, new agreements will take ages to implement, everything new that we do to do with the EU will need to be ratified by 27 other EU countries, all of this takes time, and will lead to uncertainty, which will always lead to market fluctuations, and therefore possibilities of financial meltdown.

you see, looking at it like that, I don't think our relationship with/in the EU has got to such a dire stage as to necessitate leaving.

but then also to think about - referendum like this are only called in order to put a stop to the question being an issue. We've been talking about leaving for ages - once the result is in, we'll either leave, or we'll stay, but nobody will question it again for years.

all just my opinions of course - I'm not a qualified economist or anything, though having said that, people who are qualified economists, who have studied the ins and outs (as it were), are still undecided as to if we should stay or leave. It's a very difficult decision to make, there are lots of issues at stake (not just immigration, farm subsidies and TTIP) - we the people are not qualified to make this decision, which is why we vote for our elected representatives to make difficult decisions on our behalf, as they should be more informed. How are we supposed to make the right decision when most of us won't have access to enough information to decide?

some of what the leave campaign says is true. some of it. in some small respects we will be better off out of the EU. eventually.
but to get there, the risks involved, and all of the other stuff that will happen around that - in my opinion they far outweigh any benefits that we might see.

some things I might vote out for - if we could have them as individual items, but we can't.

I'm begining to believe that as a whole package - leave is far too risky.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CrastneyJPR
I'm begining to believe that as a whole package - leave is far too risky.

Sorry to disagree with you, I was in that *divorce* position you described many

years ago, when women had no rights and every hurdle i had to

jump made me stronger.... and i came out of the dark into the light

There are things in life worth risking everything for

WHAT DOESN'T KILL YOU MAKES YOU STRONGER
as a nation

we have lost our backbone.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

In the last five months, the British economy has shrunk by almost £200 billion because of Brexit fears.

If we do leave, the people who fear immigration the most are the ones who will suffer the most.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Won't look divine for very long when it's all built on to house the vastly increasing

population the UK seems unable to control due to the EU's open borders policy.

There are BIG problems in other parts of Europe too due to this open borders policy

and Angela Merkels invitation to take in virtual nations, and it seems there is a news

and media blackout on these problems .....

We don't have open borders. Travel out to another EU country then come back in to the UK to see the difference.

Re the "media blackout". France and Germany don't have a fraction of the problems we do with public services because they fund them properly. We, on the other hand, have a government intent on cutting everything to the bone before selling it to their pals in the city. If we leave the EU, these people will have the freedom to cut harder and faster...

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Whodathunkdatcheese
We don't have open borders. Travel out to another EU country then come back in to the UK to see the difference.

We have to take in EU migrants..... Then there are the others in Calais breaking

into HVG vehicles and trying to get through the channel tunnel and now

landing on the beaches down in the south of the UK.

What difference am i supposed to notice in travel?

Re the "media blackout". France and Germany don't have a fraction of the problems we do with public services because they fund them properly. We, on the other hand, have a government intent on cutting everything to the bone before selling it to their pals in the city. If we leave the EU, these people will have the freedom to cut harder and faster...

I wasn't referring to public services, I was referring to the riots, rapes and

immigrant camps, and other EU members protecting their borders by reinstating

barbed/razor wire border boundries.

I was reading somewhere that the discontent on that part of Europe has

led to a large % drop in the popularity of M/s Merkel ....much dissatisfaction!

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:33 AM
link   
George Osbourne and David Cameron with their latest scare tactics have shown

utter contempt for the electorate treating them as fools!!

Whether we stay in or leave the EU they have totally lost any credibility

at all, and I cannot see how they can carry on governing the people for whom

they have shown so much contempt.

And as for Jeremy Corbyn who has been caustic about the EU ALL of

his *political life* teaming up with them for *Remain* how is his credibility??

How can labour supporters continue to support his seeming indecisiveness ??

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
While I hope with whats shreds of it I have left that the UK leaves the EU, I honestly think the votes have already been counted. The referendum will reflect a stay vote regardless of which way people vote.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join