It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops: Suspect dead after hostage standoff at Texas Walmart

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:22 PM
link   

AMARILLO, Texas -- Police in northern Texas say an armed suspect has been shot dead after a hostage situation at a Walmart in Amarillo

Cops: Suspect dead after hostage standoff at Texas Walmart

Another standoff and it is not being reported hardly anywhere. It is unconfirmed but stated that the perpetrator was a Somalian who is named Mohammed. Any thoughts? I am wondering why this is not all over the news right now.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This story doesn't fit the agenda.
Also, this was momentarily "all over" ATS earlier today.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: EmmanuelGoldstein

Do you have a link for any of those threads? I would enjoy seeing what people are saying about this, and I am unable to find any specific threads concerning this news report. Thank you very much!!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Benderisfunny

Don't waste your time. The thread when this was breaking derailed into several pages of back and forth between pro/anti gun folks. Which in turn devolved into "don't you Brits tell us 'mericans what we should do!" So on and so forth.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Why is it I always hear about stuff like this on ATS waaaaaay before it shows up in CNN???

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
My thoughts:

It is unconfirmed but stated that the perpetrator was a Somalian who is named Mohammed

End thoughts

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: olddognewtricks

Why is it I always hear about stuff like this on ATS waaaaaay before it shows up in CNN???

because it wouldnt show up on cnn if alternative news wasnt covering it

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Here's the story from different angles and agendas.

Ramadan in Texas: SWAT team shoots Muslim who took hostages…

JUNE 14, 2016 2:13 PM BY ROBERT SPENCER

“We do consider this a work-place violence situation at this point.” You know, like Fort Hood. Maybe this is a genuine workplace violence situation, but since a Somali Muslim as involved and we are so constantly lied to by authorities about jihad attacks, the possibility can’t be discounted that it is something more than that as well.

Three Muslim Terrorists Strike Walmart In Amarillo Texas …
[url=http://www.businessinsider.com/report-of-active-shooter-walmart-amarillo-texas-2016-6
Active shooter and possible hostage situation at Walmart in Texas[/url]

A suspect was shot and killed by a police SWAT team responding to reports of a potential active shooter and hostage situation at a Walmart in Amarillo, Texas.

The hostages inside the store were all reported to be safe. The investigation of the incident is ongoing.
The Amarillo Police Department has confirmed that there are no gunshot victims, and noted earlier that there was "no shooting ongoing at this moment." The police said that the incident "appears to be a workplace violence type event."

yamazaj.com...
Active shooter 'takes hostages' at Walmart in Amarillo, Texas

The Amarillo Police Department tweeted officers were "on scene with armed subject at the Walmart at Georgia and Canyon Drive" at around 12:30pm. The City of Amarillo says police and fire crews are on the scene of a reported active shooter incident at a Walmart store on Interstate 27. The subject may have hostages, according to the Amarillo Police Department. Amarillo Police have told people to avoid the area after local media reported shots had been fired.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: PaidShill

I see. Well, I just wanted to see what was being said a out this specific event because it is not far away. Thanks for the response!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: olddognewtricks

Because this is the fastest, broadest, most fantastic source of news in the world.

We even had inklings of Snowden related data before the fellow blew the whistle on the whole thing. Most networks wouldn't touch that stuff with a space elevator when we got wind of mass surveillance as an existent thing.

ATS the best news network there never was.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   

The Amarillo Police Department has identified the suspect in today's hostage standoff as 54-year-old Mohammad Moghaddam. We have confirmed that there were two people taken hostage today...one of whom was a manager who reportedly had a dispute with Moghaddam prior to the incident.

link

That's from their FB page, linked in your article. Possible this was a work-related dispute. Guess we'll have to wait for more details. Seeing lots of links now, so it's being picked up, if it wasn't earlier.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: thorfourwinds

Nice find! THREE, as reported by a witness, and we are told ONE by authorities, and that it was "workplace violence"? Who takes pals along for that??

Screen shots taken of that article, since it will likely vanish!!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I am floored that there wasn't a licensed gun owner to neutralize the situation before it got out of control. Amarillo isn't exactly a liberal town. It was only 3 or so generations back that the people in that area were having to fend off the plains indian raids. Gun ownership is a way of life in the panhandle as much as anywhere else in the state.

top topics

join