It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden age of Conspiracy Theories is over

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My sons father.... ugh how can I begin this without getting aggravated again? LOL.

SO the other night, we put on some youtube.... and..... well he picked one of those videos... you know the kind, they pop up here left and right, and make their way right to the skunk bin. I was super shocked because all the years I've been here, and all the things I tried to talk to him about, just to have a conversation, he would shoot down instantly. So anyways, he picks one about mars or the moon or aliens or something or the other.

He was super into one, and I let it go for a minute so that I could explain to him how absolutely BS these people are (usually) once it was over.

He insisted that it was real, because THIS YOUTUBER HAD PICTURES!!! LOOK!!!

So that night, he learned a little thang or two, about sources, verifiable sources, memes, images, photoshopping and BS.

It continues to disturb and amaze me, the lengths people will go to, lying, and all of the fanatacism, just for attention. JUST FOR ATTENTION. It's sad really that people are willing to spread ignorance, and untruths, for their own, small, temporary gain..... Or even in the case of the big money liars, Why? Well, I know why.... but where is the concern for humanity as a whole, and our intelligence as a unit?

Hey

Yeah, sad way the CT realm is moving. Too bad NOW hes interested, *shrug*

-Alee
edit on 6/14/2016 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Since when is Donald Trump a conspiracy theorist

Since forever. And he’s being one right now.

edit on 14/6/16 by Astyanax because: of forever.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Astyanax
a reply to: TheLaughingGod

Since when is Donald Trump a conspiracy theorist

Since forever. And he’s being one right now.

There is no such thing as a conspiracy theorist. It's a meme designed to divide you away from those who question government and corruption. That's why it is invoked so quickly after an event where there are questions that are not being answered.

It's quite sad that you are not smart enough to understand this because it is a responsibility of all Americans to question their government to keep it honest. Why do you think there is so much dishonesty in government today? Duh....

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

He may subscribe to certain conspiracy theories, but he's not a quintessential conspiracy theorist. This is all pretty mundane stuff, run of the mill speculation and talk. Call me when he's talking about any of the juicy stuff.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 09:24 PM
link   
CT r just theories. I believe them. However. Many r just theories. And can't be 100% proven. So what r u gonna do. Ie 9-11. I'm pretty sure it was all staged. But really it's impossible to prove 100%. That's how they can get away with it. So many other similar ones. So to a large degree in not sure why we get so into all of that. Becomes almost a waste of time to some degree. Now I got to go make some hard tack.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

There is no such thing as a conspiracy theorist.

I beg to differ. You are a conspiracy theorist.

You prove it in your very next sentence.

It's a meme designed to divide you away from those who question government and corruption. That's why it is invoked so quickly after an event...

That’s a conspiracy theory you’re spouting.

It's quite sad that you are not smart enough to understand this because it is a responsibility of all Americans

It’s quite sad that you are not smart enough to understand that not everybody on this board is American.

Why do you think there is so much dishonesty in government today?

Perhaps it is because so many Americans have allowed their brains to be addled by stupid conspiracy theories.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Ahhhhh wellllll . . .

One tends to only do what one is able to do.

I wonder if there's a professional rock thrower's gild.

Conspiracy folks have had thousands of detractors from the beginning. It's the nature of the topic.

One has to become good at filtering wheat from the chaff.

That can get tricky with so much designer chaff made to look so well like wheat.

Maybe a certain quality of discernment is now required.

The mass of Eloi/Sheeple appear to be more and more in orthodox unity ready for the Eloi shuffle into the maws of the Morlach's.

The oligarchy must be itchy to shred and close out all conspiracy organs and sources once and for all.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

It has been mystifyingly mind boggling to me for decades . . .

WHY OH WHY

would something absolutely PROVEN many times over . . . in the conspirators' own words, books, speeches . . .

FOR THE LAST 60-150 years

be called

a "theory."

There's never been any theory to it--except in the conspirator's own disinformation propaganda.

It has been a proven fact from the beginning.

They have arrogantly bragged about what they were doing and going to do from the beginning.

They still are. And all the more so because they know that now, it is too late to stop them regardless of what the relatively few awake people do or don't do.

Another amazing thing to me is the fact that--regardless of the proof of many such examples from recorded history--their early supporters, useful idiots and the like fail to realize that tyranny always sends its earliest supporters to the gas chambers first. Tyrants know that such clueless fickle idiots will only be a danger in the coming 'BRAVE NEW WORLD.'

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
CT is alive and well. A lot of it went mainstream. A lot of what passed for CT 10 years ago has been largely discredited in the opinion of many. 9/11, as an example, has been so muddied and had so many lunatics screaming and slobbering into YouTube videos that its a dead issue. It doesn't help that people come up with embarrasingly outlandish notions, or ignore science.

But there is conspiracy aplenty out there. Hillary and her whole closet full of skeletons. Saudi involvement in terror. We are uncovering record amounts of ancient data, with old conspiracies in the new world being exposed, along with new conspiracies in the old world (egypt) becoming possible.

Sure, we don't have as many rocks to look at. But the lunar and mars missions just aren't as sexy as they were when they were new.

30 years ago conspiracy was basically the same 30 or so topics that were truly mysterious. Dots of light in the sky is not a "UFO video". So there's a big watering down with nonsense. Not to mention how easy it is to hoax an image.

Its not the same CT community from the old BBS days. But CT is alive and well.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join