It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden age of Conspiracy Theories is over

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Pretty sure that's not a new thing.

And I genuinely have no idea how on earth you're getting literally anything you've said from literally anything I've said. Me saying sandy hook was a disservice to conspiracy theorists is me generalizing and calling people crazy?

Sure thing.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:19 PM
link   
R I P

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:43 PM
link   
One things for sure, I believe, one day the truths are all coming out.

on all levels...That's a belief

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Willtell

actually ive come into his info before i found it interesting hes got a few good interviews up

there's tons of great info out there if your not looking for it you wont find it

maybe try opening your mind

Chill out bro…were trying to make this a positive thread, one of Comradery and hope for change and new things...the resurrection of the CT community
Though I appreciate the advice one can never go wrong opening ones mind

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, and Red Ice creations have turned into racist right-wing bigot propaganda, actually they were probably always such and are now being activated to expose themselves.

Have you not realized that they are just in it for the money? It is an election year so they are pandering to the election. Once Hillary or Trump is elected it will be back to UFO's and conspiracy crap to pander to. Surly you are not that naïve?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, and Red Ice creations have turned into racist right-wing bigot propaganda, actually they were probably always such and are now being activated to expose themselves.

They're not. They know where the money is. They make money from hate. It's a big business! Their main target is the right-wing Christians - who are the dumbest sh*t people! will believe in anything. Breaking bad news about Muslims and Islam will trigger big revenue!

Go and figure!
edit on 13-6-2016 by mekhanics because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hi Willtell:
I sympathize with your point of view, not just cognitively, but on a deeply, personal experiential level. However, I find the only way of knowing all that and continuing to get out of bed in the morning and carry on, is to find some hope.
As it is said in AA, I must find an
"attitude of gratitude." I'm not always good at this, but I try.
I don't think anyone here wins. There is nothing to "win."
There is just learning to be here, exist, and still find something worthwhile in being alive, I think.
LINK
Even if we can't find our way home, we still know what home stood for, was, meant. That, in and of itself, is our victory and solace.
Regards,
tetra

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

The market on conspiracy theories has been cornered by the left and right cyclically all throughout in my life. I don't know how old you are but independents have never had control of them.

I ignore the ridicule....wait, nope...I embrace it. I've usually found whenever I meet a 'ridiculer,' I am so much more informed than them that their ridicule is completely ineffective.

Inform yourself and completely let go of all partisan bias. Adopt some apathy about things but keep your interest. Then you/we will win every time.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Conspiracies only got to their " golden age" becuase of one event, 9/11. Pre 911 the conspriacy movement was heavily fractured and did not get along with one another. Then 911 happened and every faction had their theory. From nukes, god, bush, satan, aliens, CIA, no to mole people all be claimed as the evil doers.

So with out another 911 type event, conspriacy theory will go right back to its pre 911 state. That is why some claim every event is a false flag, in hopes it will catch on like the 911 theories did.
edit on 13-6-2016 by defiythelie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

The Golden Age of conspiracy theories is over? When the conspiracy theorists’ candidate is the Republican party horse for the 2016 US Presidential derby?

Conspiracy theory is mainstream now. Conspiracy theory makes money. Conspiracy theory wins votes (at least at primary elections). That was never the case before.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
Someone posted that the golden age of UFO’s is over.

Well it’s clear the golden age of conspiracy theory sites and mavens is also over.

All we have left is Global Research, Activist Post, and Veterans Today who have remained alt conspiracy.

There’s a few wannabes such as Zero Hedge and nondescript blogs but its clear the Mainstream has routed the conspiracy era and it’s as dead as a door nail.
www.zerohedge.com...

Writers like Dave Icke are small potatoes and a few more guys who are so super-conspiracy their talk is too extreme and crack pot.

All one has to do is go on YouTube and watch and listen to the buffoonery we have inherited from that site. This is probably the worst thing that has happened to alternative media, you tube which is so flooded with nonsense it has moved legitimate conspiracy to the crack pot bin permanently

They have won folks… we have lost the battle I’m afraid.

We need some new ideas and new methods

Nope quite the opposite they are losing their control (slightly) and are years behind(agenda 21,remove syrian government,remove Iranian government,remove north korean government, and sustainable development,carbon taxes,internet ID,Chinese style firewall in the USA).

Trump is doing an excellent job demonizing the patriot movement/anti-open borders movement. Why Trump and no Ron Paul,Jesse Ventura or Rand Paul? What about Gary Johnson or Austin Petersen(a textbook classical liberal)?
They are putting that predictive Google crystal ball algorithm to good use. lol. Co-op a trend before it happens and steer it to their liking.

People are questioning the system now more and more. TPTB hate when the expendable worker/prole/"zombie"/alchemic golem/slave question the administrator class(government/corporate interests/globalist think tanks/banks etc).

TPTB hate classical liberalism and libertarianism.(too much control to the proles... they might get ideas...can't have that.) The top down management model is more to their liking. Predictable,easy to control, and easy to make 10,25,50 year plans around.
edit on 14-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion
a reply to: Shamrock6

seems like your just into generalizing and putting everyone who thinks different than you into a category of crazy people

this is the new theme if you think different than me your a moron a crazy nutter your stupid

That's part of the problem, if someone is thinking so far out of the box, their brains fell out, one has to be able to tell them, or you have lost all credibility for everyone else outside the box.

It's the same as with everything else, your ct has to pass peer review. An open mind is fine, as long as it doesn't conflict with logic and facts.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Part of the problem with CTs is they haven't in any recent times, lead to an official acknowledgment or changed anything.

Look at JFK and 9/11, the are plenty of real non-crazy facts to support at least SOME the official theory is bs. However, the official story is still that NOTHING was covered-up.

Point to even one CT that the MSM or government has allowed to be "proven".

Knowledge is great but if you don't see any results you tend not to care anymore.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daughter2
Look at JFK and 9/11, the are plenty of real non-crazy facts to support at least SOME the official theory is bs. However, the official story is still that NOTHING was covered-up.

Let us look at the 9/11 OS, so which part do you think is bs?

4 planes were hijacked
2 hit WTC 1 & 2
1 hit the Pentagon
one crashed
The damage and fires done to WTC 1 & 2 caused their collapse,
the debris from their collapse also damage or destroyed other buildings
WTC 7 was severely damaged, and had unchecked fires, was being monitored by the FDNY who noticed it was collapsing.

That is the OS what part do you think is BS?

Point to even one CT that the MSM or government has allowed to be "proven".

Point out a CT that was not just made up rubbish!

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   

Uh, I don't really know anything about this topic, but from my perspective due to globalization and the resulting availability of information, I don't see how this isn't the golden age of conspiracy. After all, look at the immeasurable amount of resources we have at our disposal. New ideas and innovations don't sound like too big of a challenge. I bet that you get proven wrong.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   
NOPE, in fact we are living through a HUGE conspiracy.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:13 AM
link   
I think it's far from over. It's just being homogenized with political jargon it still exists underneath.

As it appeals to a wider, social media audience, also comes the ones who are getting into it for various reasons instead of looking for and dicussing conspiracy.

It's a matter of finding a truth worthy source, even then it's not always easy from those who don't believe it to ones that need to be shifted through.

All we have left is Global Research, Activist Post, and Veterans Today who have remained alt conspiracy.
-From the OP
Really, I believe those also get a bad rap depending on who you talk to here.

For example,
Veteren's Today? I've shared articles from it before, years ago on here and was promptly told it was garage RW rhetoric.
Activist Post has been accused of being LW.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 02:21 AM
link   
In a situation where martial law is implemented, anyone who is a "conspiracy theorist" (anti corruption in government is what a conspiracy theorist actually is), (but corrupt people in government don't want you to understand that), will be considered domestic terrorists.... Same with people against communism.

So then maybe the OP is going to be true soon because of people supporting these kinds of politicians.

Thanks so much
edit on 14-6-2016 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:00 AM
link   

It's embarrassing that you don't realize that immigration is a part of the conspiracy - a part of the agenda.

Hell, these folks are on the record saying they're gonna assimilate Europeans and flood Europe with immigrants, but instead you're acting like a shill and attacking them for exposing this agenda.

If you don't think cultural Marxism is designed to manipulate and divide people maybe you aren't as aware as you think you are. People like Paul Joseph Watson aren't racists, they're simply exposing the fallacious thinking of modern progressives - progressives that have perverted the legitimacy of true liberal values, having become the wet dream of totalitarians instead.

Oh, and calling them far right reeks of ignorance, the only thing people speaking up against this seem to have in common politically is their opposition to an agenda that would see the harmony of Europe ruined both financially and culturally.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Astyanax

Talk about reaching..

Since when is Donald Trump a conspiracy theorist.. being politically incorrect is not the same thing as being a conspiracy theorist. Frankly I think that anyone that would vote for Trump as a genuine candidate and a serious prospect should have their conspiracy theory credentials invoked, there's nothing genuinely anti-establishment about it.

I never heard him mention 9/11 being a false flag or hear him talk about any of the usual think tanks or secret societies. He's as conventional as they come, he's being billed as anti-establishment but I don't really think that description is warranted.

Conspiracy theories are mainstream alright, but the mainstream part of it is all kids talking about their favourite celebrities being in the "Illuminati". It's entertainment and a sideshow.. vapid celebrity obsession, not discussion of facts and agendas.
Of course, you don't recognise the validity of any of this so to you it's all woo.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join