It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Golden age of Conspiracy Theories is over

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Someone posted that the golden age of UFO’s is over.

Well it’s clear the golden age of conspiracy theory sites and mavens is also over.

Alex Jones, Jeff Rense, and Red Ice creations have turned into racist right-wing bigot propaganda, actually they were probably always such and are now being activated to expose themselves.

All we have left is Global Research, Activist Post, and Veterans Today who have remained alt conspiracy.

There’s a few wannabes such as Zero Hedge and nondescript blogs but its clear the Mainstream has routed the conspiracy era and it’s as dead as a door nail.
www.zerohedge.com...

Writers like Dave Icke are small potatoes and a few more guys who are so super-conspiracy their talk is too extreme and crack pot.

All one has to do is go on YouTube and watch and listen to the buffoonery we have inherited from that site. This is probably the worst thing that has happened to alternative media, you tube which is so flooded with nonsense it has moved legitimate conspiracy to the crack pot bin permanently

They have won folks… we have lost the battle I’m afraid.

We need some new ideas and new methods

edit on 13-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

(post by onequestion removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I don't think it's so much as MSM has won as CT lost it for themselves. Mainstream thinking didn't really have to do much work with some of crap that spews from a small but very vocal portion of the CT community. Couple that with some folks being unable to entertain debate about their theories without coming unglued and yea....they didn't have to do much.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

It's easy to attack people not so easy to attack ideas and evidence.

So instead of creating a person bashing thread why not create a thread about showing evidence that supports your position.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Was there ever really a Golden Age?
We've always been considered either outcasts, crazies or part of the problem.

As for all the people listed in your OP, let's just say that the best way to discredit any whisper of the truth is to dilute it with so much noise that either no one hears or no one cares.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Oh, right, really?

Oh, damn, see you then.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Since 9/11 there has been a concerted effort to marginalize and attack anyone who doesnt accept the OS.

Combination of the MSM, Right and Left wing talking heads, paid shills and trolls, and finally, average people who have been brain washed to think that questioning the OS is anti-country.

Of those that you mentioned, I am most familiar with Alex.

Alex then: cops are out of control, 9/11 was an inside job and the government is the # 1 opponent of freedom.

Alex now: Moslems are to blame for everything.

SMH.

edit on 13-6-2016 by gladtobehere because: wording

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I agree with you totally

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Supposed to be a reply to: Shamrock.
True that, but isn't it interesting that what used to be total crackpot theories are now known and documented fact? So how many of todays crackpot theories will be tomorrows facts?

edit on 6/13/2016 by Klassified because: WTF!

edit on 6/13/2016 by Klassified because: Grrrrrr!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Oh contrare.... perhaps they are not so plentiful as they once were due to the speed of information, but there are plenty of mysteries yet unsolved. The Georgia Guide stones, the Voynich manuscripts, the Lue treasure, the 'Hum" heard in specific locations of the globe, and The Kryptos sculpture.

These are just a few of many mysteries still unsolved.
Perhaps as you say, the "Golden Age" has passes us up, the romance of the mystery, but new methods have come to light with the rise of technology, making discovery all the less time consuming with vast data bases. I suppose we took a hit when Coast to Coast and Art bell came to an end, and that was only a lazy auditory menu of quick mystery fix's.... But by and by there are new and interesting mysteries being brought to light all the time.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:54 PM
link   
It’s really a shame because there have been and still are legitimate conspiracy ideas that need to be researched.

I could remember years ago as a younger man going excitedly to the ornate NYC library’s rare book department to get my hands on the epic 18th century book by John Robinson: PROOFS_OF_A_CONSPIRACY_
www.conspiracyarchive.com...

It was quiet and almost spooky in the deserted dark rare books room as I quietly visited it to read the book for myself….I had just got information on the book after reading the great classic, Pawns in the Game, by William Guy Carr. I looked around almost as if the Illuminati were following me! That's how it was in the early days of conspiracy research…interesting and exiting…challenging and thrilling...

When I finally got hold of the book in my hands I felt thrilled to be touching it…a book that was in very good shape for a 200 year old plus chronicle of the beginning of the Illuminati conspiracy by a person who was actually there in the beginning.

At the time I felt like a real researcher to get this piece. It’s the kind of effort that one has to make to be a legitimate researcher.

You had to read it on site, right there for they wouldn’t dare let you take that book out...it was so valuable then.

After all of these years from then I have been a conspiracy theory researcher, and though a writer, on primarily metaphysics, have not yet written any book on conspiracy as of yet. But recently have thought about taking up the task and hoping to try to assist in bringing conspiracy ideas back to the forefront of our conversation in this cyber age where it has become so degraded.

God bless ATS for being one of the last of the Mohicans, and even with all the challenges has remained true to its original intent.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 06:58 PM
link   
When I signed up here in 2005 I was tracking down the DIA story, then I was onto the Rothschilds, and John Titor, interesting topics.

It has become too predictable. Every major news item goes through the same cycle of false flag and hoax.

The internet in general has become too serious and intense tbh

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

I appreciate your optimism.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

So instead of creating a person bashing thread why not create a thread about showing evidence that supports your position.

Easy enough..this thread promoting the theory that Orlando was a False Flag because their are other false flags and anyone who disagrees with that theory is a sheep..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 13-6-2016 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I think one of the biggest lights in conspiracy lately is Peter Levenda. His trilogy, SINISTER FORCES, is must reading for any conspiracy researcher
www.amazon.com...

I would call him a sober conspiracy guy

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

I don't need to create a thread to show what I'm referring to. The behavior of CTs after sandy hook on ATS and any number of other avenues was, in my opinion, the biggest disservice to conspiracy theorists to ever happen.

And I didn't attack anybody. Fairly confident my opinion on how conspiracy theorists have shot themselves in the foot is just that: my opinion.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: opethPA

Easy enough..this thread promoting the theory that Orlando was a False Flag because their are other false flags and anyone who disagrees with that theory is a sheep..

There are extremist enthusiasts in every kind of area of thought; the conspiracy realm is no different,

I accept he enthusiast to a point. It’s a part of human communication and human nature

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

actually ive come into his info before i found it interesting hes got a few good interviews up

there's tons of great info out there if your not looking for it you wont find it

maybe try opening your mind

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

seems like your just into generalizing and putting everyone who thinks different than you into a category of crazy people

this is the new theme if you think different than me your a moron a crazy nutter your stupid

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: opethPA

There are extremist enthusiasts in every kind of area of thought; the conspiracy realm is no different,

I accept he enthusiast to a point. It’s a part of human communication and human nature

No doubt..For me I throw out the extremes on either end of the spectrum and focus on the middle.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join