It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Pic] How the 3 Presidential candidates reacted to the Orlando tragedy.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Hillary gets the blue ribbon for failure.

Trust Hillary and watch what happens.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:11 AM
link   
So we have.... (Basically what I'm seeing from those 3 statements)

- Don't put me on a pedestal for bring right (based on previous statements on his wants for America)... We need to take care of this from the source.

- I'm sorry for your loss. The end!

- GUNS! are the problem. We need to take away all the GUNS!

I have to add...

I know everyone is going to twist this tragedy for their own ends.... Every single one of them.

but... I rather stand along with the person that at least says they're going to do something about the PROBLEM and not focus on the TOOL that the problem used.

Do I think Trump is going to deport all Muslims? No.

I do feel that he will at least try to do something to stop the influx of radicals that are entering this country.

Will Muslims feel out of place under Trump? No more than most of the US is making them feel right now. So I say, what changes will really take place that aren't already in place? Think about that one.

edit on 13-6-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

I got:
    Hubris
    Compassion
    Rhetoric
In that order.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I got:
    Hubris
    Compassion
    Rhetoric
In that order.

Perhaps but...

Hubris - and action

Compassion - no action

Rhetoric - well.. we know she's a mad hatter anyways. + more government control over it's citizens. Misdirection.

Let me explain my point in a little more detail.

Thieves break into my house and murder my family. The cops come. What do I expect?

I don't want to hear empty apologies from law enforcement. They can only say they're sorry. They don't feel what I'm going through. They can only imagine.

I don't want them to take all of the guns out of my house because they fear I'll go vigilante on the murderers.

I simply want them to take action! Bring the murderers to justice!

In all of those statements, only one of those persons seems to be interested in doing just that.

edit on 13-6-2016 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: CynConcepts

Gary Johnson is the only one who took this time to unify us as Americans, not divide!

That's an interesting statement. Not that Gary Johnson is the subject that is but the idea of there being someone who could "unify us as Americans".

Someone who could unify us as Americans..................I don't even know what that means.

The past few years we have been divided. Media and politics keep separating Americans into divisions. I see and hear it all the time. We are not all simply Americans. We are separated by titles and agendas. Ex: African American, Muslim American, Christian American, Gay American, Liberal American, Conservative American...and on and on ...the divisionary titles keep being impressed upon us! We are all Americans and need to stand indivisible in that unity!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck
Compassion - no action

Just because Johnson did not offer a plan immediately after the massacre does not mean he does not have a plan. It means his he has tact which the other two do not.

I don't want to hear empty apologies from law enforcement.

Law enforcement officials are not sending out these tweets we are discussing. Two conniving people running for President are the ones with the empty platitudes and rhetoric.

edit on 13-6-2016 by AugustusMasonicus because: Iä! Shub-Niggurath! The Black Goat of the Woods with a Thousand Young!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:30 AM
link   
It's funny... reading the tweets just reminds me of something a father would say, something a brother would say, and something a babysitter would say.

edit on 13-6-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
As I stated earlier in this thread, they all have shared their ideas on how to correct these issues. Twitter feeds and interviews just hours after this tragedy is extremely self-serving proproganda. Timing is everything.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

We need to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists

Said the soon to be Terrorist in Chief.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

There is a time and place for everything. I personally believe one should await until they have a better understanding of a given situation, rather then make such a tragedy instantly fit into their own agenda. Everyone, including Johnson has shared their ideas on resolving these issues. Johnson was the only one who had character enough not to say I told you so! Allow the families to mourn the loss. The agendas and confirmation biases can wait. They change nothing at this time and are only self serving. Our focus should not be on arguing politics, it should be showing the world how Great Americans can unite rather than divide during times of distress!

Edit add: Don't give terrorists a seeming victory by creating a weak division among ourselves. Stand united and strong. Otherwise, we just embolden them to continue.

Excellent!!! Very well thought out and very well expressed... and definitely worth repeating. Thank you!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

Way to go Gary!!!

Thanks for posting this. I'm paying close attention this election to how the candidates address current events and issues in the moment... not just what they say they will do in the future. It seems Trump and Hillary couldn't see past the politics to the many many people who are hurting and mourning. Gary put people before politics.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:49 AM
link   

If posting a tweet makes someone a boss, or constitutes a "reaction" to a horrific event, it's probably time we go outside.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Lulz--"We need to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists." --says the biggest arms producer on the planet.

On the one hand, talking them away from the public and on the other, shipping boat load of WMD around the world.

She was in charge of the gun smuggling to terrorists in Syria. And to cartels in Mexico.
What she is really saying is that she doesn't want YOU to have guns.

And nobody bothers to mention that he was working for a security firm and would have had access to guns even if all of us couldn't own one.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Stop funding governments that sponsor terrorism or develop nuclear weapons nuclear weapon delivery systems or receive nuclear material/delivery systems.

Stop drone attacking civilians.That helps terrorists recruit people into their cult.

Actively promote a non-violent form of Islam over the radical version of Islam.

All homosexuals and transgendered people should be armed.If the terrorist wants to kill americans they will be killed on the spot by an armed hard target.

All radical websites that are not in the US should be hacked and shutdown by the CIA.

All countries/banks that sponsor terror have their assets frozen.

edit on 13-6-2016 by John_Rodger_Cornman because: changed text

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:26 AM
link   

You are being selective in your choice of tweets.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This "shooting" has "false flag" written aaaaaallllll over it. Why do people keep falling for the same TRICK, every month? There's ALWAYS an agenda behind these "events". This time, it's for the LGBT community.

I don't think people understand how VICIOUS homosexuals can be. If you did, you wouldn't have opened the door to their perversion. Most homosexuals have their minds made up, to think EVERYONE is or should be "gay". They believe the heterosexual community lives in denial of their "homosexual tendencies" and are the ones living in a closet. The worst part is, homosexuals think it's ok to get "close" or to touch someone of the same sex, even if that person isn't "gay".

If you've never lived in a "gay community" you have NO IDEA what you're up against. None, what-so-ever.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: JuJuBee

Someone really has a deep seated fear of the gay.

And you seem to be protesting too much.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: John_Rodger_Cornman
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Stop funding governments that sponsor terrorism or develop nuclear weapons nuclear weapon delivery systems or receive nuclear material/delivery systems.

Stop drone attacking civilians.That helps terrorists recruit people into their cult.

Actively promote a non-violent form of Islam over the radical version of Islam.

All homosexuals and transgendered people should be armed.If the terrorist wants to kill americans they will be killed on the spot by an armed hard target.

All radical websites that are not in the US should be hacked and shutdown by the CIA.

All countries/banks that sponsor terror have their assets frozen.

That's a whole lotta HYPOCRISIES, right there! Unless, of course, you don't live in the US of A. How do you not consider "drone attacks" terroristic in nature?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: JuJuBee

Someone really has a deep seated fear of the gay.

And you seem to be protesting too much.

I don't fear "gay": The cute little word homosexuals use for their PERVERSION. What i "fear" is their politics. Soon, being "gay" will be a requirement. And don't say, it won't happen. It's already HAPPENING! I have kids, and i'll be damned if any one of them tells me they're "homosexual".

Men have what is called: a penis. And, women have what is called: a vagina. It's that way, FOR A REASON. If you can't figure out the reason, there is no need to further this conversation.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuJuBee
Soon, being "gay" will be a requirement. And don't say, it won't happen.

Seriously? I like chicks, nothing about a guy's hairy butt excites me, how do you get me to become gay?

I have kids, and i'll be damned if any one of them tells me they're "homosexual".

And if they did?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join