It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Pic] How the 3 Presidential candidates reacted to the Orlando tragedy.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Not much to add here.

Trump and Hillary took a moment to offer their condolences after politicizing the issue.

The Libertarian candidate, Gary Johnson, well, he was a boss from the beginning.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:37 AM
link   
I agree with you. Also, we can't leave Sanders supporters unaware of his politicizing of this issue too. Many of them feel he is different than the rest of the candidates running. Apparently, not.

Speaking to NBC's "Meet the Press" early Sunday, Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders called the murders "horrific" and "unthinkable." "Our -- just -- hopes go out to all those who were shot that they can recover," Sanders said, before discussing his previous support for bans on selling automatic firearms in the U.S. "Twenty-five years ago, I believed that in this country that we should not be selling automatic weapons which are designed to kill people," the Vermont senator added. "We have got to do everything that we can on top of that to make sure that guns do not fall into the hands of those who should not have them: criminals, people who are mentally ill. So that struggle continues."

Source link

Gary Johnson is the only one who took this time to unify us as Americans, not divide!

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Look to be fair, i'm one of those "it doesn't matter who becomes president" type, but the middle one is the only one that made a generic statement that anyone could have made.

In times of crisis, you turn to your leaders for a sense of direction, a solution to the problem.
at least those other two are doing that with their statement: "X needs to happen to avoid Y"
I would even say these issues NEED to be politicized if you want to see some kind of change happen.
Of course what is the best type of change is up for debate, but am i the only one tired of the usual stupid pre-set?

-shooting takes place
-People talk about how to be safer
-"Don't politicize the issue!"
-Nothing changes

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IShotMyLastMuse

There is a time and place for everything. I personally believe one should await until they have a better understanding of a given situation, rather then make such a tragedy instantly fit into their own agenda. Everyone, including Johnson has shared their ideas on resolving these issues. Johnson was the only one who had character enough not to say I told you so! Allow the families to mourn the loss. The agendas and confirmation biases can wait. They change nothing at this time and are only self serving. Our focus should not be on arguing politics, it should be showing the world how Great Americans can unite rather than divide during times of distress!

Edit add: Don't give terrorists a seeming victory by creating a weak division among ourselves. Stand united and strong. Otherwise, we just embolden them to continue.
edit on 6 13 2016 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:53 AM
link   

I agree there needs to be a discussion and discourse.

But IMHO its a poor reflection on our potential leaders when their initial reaction is basic politicking.

+1 more 
posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Lulz--"We need to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists." --says the biggest arms producer on the planet.

On the one hand, talking them away from the public and on the other, shipping boat load of WMD around the world.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
wow.

that pretty well sums up the view i had on those 3 candidates.

LOL, Trump....bask in the glory of your own hubris.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:02 AM
link   

How to make America safer:

Step 1: Stop destroying other countries, and setting up radicalized elements for our own political expediency
Step 2: profit

Its really a pretty easy formula.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Gary Johnson is the only one who took this time to unify us as Americans, not divide!

That's an interesting statement. Not that Gary Johnson is the subject that is but the idea of there being someone who could "unify us as Americans".

Someone who could unify us as Americans..................I don't even know what that means.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Sorry at a time like this I'll take someone who is willing to address the issue.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you aware?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"We need to keep guns out of the hands of terrorists."

And exactly how do you plan to do that Hillary?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

How to make America safer:

Step 1: Stop destroying other countries, and setting up radicalized elements for our own political expediency
Step 2: profit

Its really a pretty easy formula.

Without fear and money, there's no control. Can't have that.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

It's a good thing that Gary said.

Many have said good things.

A lot more have said some downright stupid things.

What the politicians do rather than say is what concerns me.

Because they are all opportunistic dirtbags.

But good on Gary for trying to rise above the rest.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified

She's lying, as usual. They plan to arm the terrorists and disarm the people. Really, I thought you were on board…

/sarc

But practically, its one gun at a time. Every time the police make any kind of arrest or seizure, they confiscate everything that closely resembles a firearm, accessory or ammunition.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Suprised trump didn't just type "told ya so....what did I say huh". For me just stick to the script with these atrocities. Condolences to the family then use it to spur people on to "unite". twitter responses are not the place to enact change. For trump to say he appreciates the congrats when addressing a mass murder is rather annoying, even though I'm not American.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: avgguy
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Are you aware?

I love Hendrix, but its "Are You Experienced"

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:56 AM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

i do understand that from a purely human prospective, sure.
but don't we put these people in charge to do politics? maybe i'm insensitive, but i think that's what needs to happen, hit the iron when it's hot.
And check this:
"Within hours of the shooting,(Sandy Hook) a We the People petition was started asking the White House to "immediately address the issue of gun control through the introduction of legislation in Congress"
wiki

so when politicians do it, they are guilty of politicizing an issue but if there is such pressure just a few hours after an attack from people to force politicians to do something aren't we demanding them to politicize the issue?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Pull any picture of a Muslim extremist off the internet and tell me what weapon he's holding? I'll give you a hint, it's not American made.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: Klassified

She's lying, as usual. They plan to arm the terrorists and disarm the people. Really, I thought you were on board…

/sarc

But practically, its one gun at a time. Every time the police make any kind of arrest or seizure, they confiscate everything that closely resembles a firearm, accessory or ammunition.

WE are the terrorists she's speaking of.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join