It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Run, Hide, Fight??

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: AVtech34

Super easy to get that "flank" off in a wide open room like a nightclub, yea?

*Snip*
edit on 6/13/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

(post by AVtech34 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   

*Snip*

Not sure what kind of dance clubs you've ever been to, but the ones I've seen usually have a good sized area free of tables and walls so people can y'know...dance.
edit on 6/13/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
Another good option when there are multiple victims is to play dead. I saw a few people interviewed this morning that did just that and survived. Not a 100% guaranty, but increases your chances, it seems.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

Super easy to get that "flank" off in a wide open room like a nightclub, yea?

Good call, toughie.

Did the lights come on and music stop right after the first shot?

My guess is it was chaos the moment it kicked off. If there was someone(or a few) with sharp thinking and a grasp on reality(by grasp I mean understanding what they heard where shots, and that it isn't normal), they could have probably blindsided and tackled him.

It's what I would have done, I believe. It's no different than the man who jumps in to a river to save someone without even thinking.

Sadly, for every one of them, you have a 100 people standing on the banks with their cellphones filming someone drown will they narrate the tragedy.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:45 AM
link   
KNOCK IT OFF

We have a topic....lets try to remain within the same ballpark as it.

Please do not respond to this message

(post by AVtech34 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Well that killed the thread didn't it.

Regarding the thread,

I would shoot first and ask questions later..

shoot /ask/ question

And if anyone of authority demanded i remove myself from the premise, i would remove myself, but not before asking why i was not informed first before being removed. In which case, i would write up a declaration of why i thought the comander in chief was wrong for removing me without asking questions as to why my opinion mattered not to them but as a citizen mattered to me.

that is what i would say OP In a situation such as now.

in that order.
edit on 6/13/2016 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

(post by AVtech34 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
I would shoot first and ask questions later..

Shoot who exactly? Anyone with a gun?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

It was a metaphor, do you know what a metaphor is?

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: MisterSpock

Trying to save somebody from drowning, while it does carry a risk, isn't the same as looking down the barrel of a gun. Everybody knows how they would like to react in any given situation, but until they find themselves in THAT situation, they don't know.

That's why the current active shooter training says to run first, and fight as a last resort. Expecting your average everyday Joe Blow off the street to take down an armed attacker is irresponsible in the extreme. Is it nice if somebody can pull it off? Sure. But I wouldn't care to have to rely on it happening.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AVtech34
a reply to: crazyewok No, people with a cowardly disposition like you will do what you will, those of us with an ounce of fortitude would most certainly flank him when hes not paying attention and beat him to death.

So everyone in that club were coward then?
Everyone who has died in a mass shooting is a coward?

Cause on the whole most people hide and run. Only ones that stand and fight have been trained professionals like the US marines that took down that terrorist on the train in Paris or the British Special Forces officer that covered the escape in the Kenyan shopping mall attack.

Again it’s called biology. It’s just simple fact.

It why the military, police and security go through training.

As for me being a coward?

I dont know. Never been in that situation and hopefully never will. So honestly dont know how I would react.
edit on 13-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: awareness10
a reply to: TechniXcality

That's why i always carry a squirt gun.

They're thinking 'if it looks like a gun and some lady pulls it out as a gun and holds it to my head, it must be a gun!

I like your frame of thought though TeX, ambush is good, especially if you have a guy friend close by, er, provided he's not Liberal.

You on a roll.....

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MisterSpock

It's what I would have done, I believe. It's no different than the man who jumps in to a river to save someone without even thinking.

I would jump into a river because I have training. I know I can do it and its secound nature to be entirely diffrent to fighting a gun man.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

Shoot who exactly? Anyone with a gun?

The ones shooting in my general direction .God can sort em out later.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 09:39 AM
link   
All this bull# slogan does is normalize the nightmare. To insert it as a meme into our culture that these sorts of things are so regular that we should prepare for this insanity.

Hell no. I won't. I reject it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join