It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus was a Gnostic

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 03:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: ASIAHXPAORSBA
a reply to: chr0naut

The Ebionites and Nazarenes are 2 sides of the same coin.

Iranaeus of the Apostolic fathers lumps Ebionites in with other Gnostic sects.

Iranaeus Ebionites Gnostic heretics

This should end the debate and make you think that maybe you were arguing your beliefs, what you want to be true, and instead of searching for the truth you search for anyone who agrees with you.

Eusebius on the Nazarenes in the Panarion is the source of the Nazarenes being slandered to de Judaize Christianity. Again lumped in with Gnostics.

Panarion 29 Nazarenes

Ebionites

Though reading your comments I don't reckon Jesus himself could convince you that grass is green if you even accidentally said it was blue, it would probably remain blue to you just to avoid admitting you don't know what you are talking about.

But at least you are not going to be fooling anyone today.

Truthfully, how long before your current logon is also banned? What you are consistently doing is DISHONEST.

Also, the Ebionites and Nazarines were NOT 2 sides of the same coin.

The Nazarines were ultra-orthodox Jews who had taken an oath of dedication to God. The Nazirite oath had existed for thousands of years before the Ebionites existed. The Nazarenes did not know of Jesus for much of their history of thousands of years. They were dedicated, not to the Messiah, who had not come, but to YHWH. The Nazirite vow does NOT include a vow of poverty.

The Ebionites were a post-Christian Messianic Jewish group who held that Jesus was the Jewish Messiah but they rejected His divinity. They held that to follow Christ, people must obey the Jewish laws and traditions (however, In the book of Acts, the Christian church leaders; James, Peter and John, had determined that it was disingenuous that gentile Christians follow Jewish Laws and traditions). Theirs was an order of poverty (the title relates to "Ebionim" - 'the poor ones') and they took vows of poverty. Iranaeus, Origen and Epiphanius all said that these Ebionites were Gnostic.

Epiphanius of Salamis (not Eusubius) wrote "Panarion". In it he spoke of a sect originally called "Jessaeans" but who changed their name to the "Nazoreans". It is obvious that this group did not follow the Nazirite vow in belief, or in their actions, and were not Nazarene's in the sense that Jesus was called a Nazarene. It is this group that Epiphanius describes as Gnostic, not the true Nazarene's who take the Nazirite oath.

There are cults and sects around today who take upon themselves "religiousy" sounding names but who don't believe in the things that are in their very title, we all know that. They do it to deceive because their real 'source' is the father of lies.

Yikes you hate being wrong huh?

You are way off, factually speaking and just talking out of ur ars. You won't accept it is the only thing. What is up with that? You really are wrong but don't even give a crap and just keep throwing spaghetti against the wall.

It ain't sticking.
edit on 17-6-2016 by ASIAHXPAORSBA because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: ASIAHXPAORSBA
a reply to: chr0naut

You don't have any credentials. You have an agenda.

Enforce the image Christianity wants.

I didn't present anything of Eisenmen's, I just said he's qualified to translate, that he theorized about James and wrote a book and that you are only slamming him to bolster your argument.

Everything has been called into question about the Dead Sea Scrolls. Everyone used to think Essenes wrote them but that has been all but abandoned because it's clear from the Scrolls that they are not peaceful Essenes at all and never call themselves that or anything like it.

So it's a pointless thing to mention unless you want him discredited because he proves you don't know what you are talking about.

Oops, you did none of that, LenatasataneL did.

I take it, then, that this is a public admission that you are the same person with a new log-on (be sure your sins will find you out!).

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Now Padawan ASIAHXPAORSBA Googlemiser

Lol you so funny Padawan, still trying to put a square block in a triangle hole.

Stupid Padawan.

Ohh and what makes you think Jebus was a Gnostic not like you? Padawan Googlemiser.

Coomba98... sorry

Summers Eve

posted on Jun, 17 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98
You will notice his two latest user accounts are now banned. I hope he gets the point and stays away. But that mey be wishful thinking.

posted on Jun, 21 2016 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Wasn't Jesus an Essene?

Oh wait, according to Luke 11:38 Jesus refused to wash, but Essenes were clean-freaks. So, I guess not.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChesterJohn
You will notice his two latest user accounts are now banned. I hope he gets the point and stays away. But that mey be wishful thinking.

Yeah i have a game with a few mates. Like 'Wheres Wally' but called 'Wheres Padawan'.

Dont think his gonna learn though. But at least Padawan is not as big a wanker then he used to be.

Lol. Sure is a fun game though. But i cant respond as much as i used to as i have been ordered by the other half not to. Guess she needs attention too as i also work, read, game, play music and im writing a book which takes up most of my time.

But i still view ATS on my mobile everyday, just dont like posting on it (mobile)

Coomba98

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Try looking over KingPhilipSix (which also happens to be the number of the current king of Spain).

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Try looking over KingPhilipSix (which also happens to be the number of the current king of Spain).

Yeah got that one. Won me a bottle of bourbon woot woot. Thank you Padawan.

His gotta be running out if usernames and email addresses. Soon he will have to pick names like imapharkubus or iseepoopoo. Lol

Coomba98

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
Yep that is him all over again.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm having a barbecue weekend after next.
Jesus and Mary will both be here.
Apparently they had a child.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join