It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

K-9 Dies after Cop leaves it in Patrol Car for 3 Hours in 90+ weather

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I am thinking the other dog didn't take 3 hours ,but, took some time and he forgot..3 hours later he remembered the other dog was in the car....still sucks....poor dog

I agree that's what happened, but why would you park your car, get out, and go inside without first taking your dog (or kid) out of the car?

Was something that important or was he *that* preoccupied?

Inexcusable, either way.

That's inexcusable.

He deserves the same charges as any one of us would receive, if we did the same.

Agreed.
[
edit on 12-6-2016 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Ya, if a dog is left in a car here in the hot, the police will bust out your window, citizens can do this too, and depending on circumstance charges can be laid against the dog owner. I hazzard a guess nothing happens here..yet if you or I caused the death of a popo dog we would be charged to the full extent.

Cops can do that here, too, they have the authority. Citizens can't, apparently. I'm not sure if you caught this post in the thread, but a citizen was arrested for breaking out a window to save a dog in a hot car.

Messed up times.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

I'm sure the police officer will be charge with murder in the first degree as a K-9 is supposed to be just like a human cop.

right?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I wonder what the punishment will be?
Paid administrative leave?
Or no donuts for a week?

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:17 PM
link   

I hope they hit the bastard with the same charges they would have if he'd killed a human cop.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: research100

I am thinking the other dog didn't take 3 hours ,but, took some time and he forgot..3 hours later he remembered the other dog was in the car....still sucks....poor dog

Maybe so, but wow......

How does a K-9 handler forget his dog??? Seems like there has to be more to it. I met several dog handlers when in the Army, when they'd bring the dogs on for exams. Solid guys, as a rule, and very attentive to their dogs. This one baffles me.

posted on Jun, 18 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

I am sure there are a few decent law-abiding members in most police forces, however, there are large numbers that feel they are ABOVE the LAW, and use their position of POWER to get away with all kinds of things. I'm not sure if this was a case of forgetfulness, negligence, or cruelty... But this guy should not be allowed to work with animals, or have any contact with them at all. If he has pets, they should be put into foster care.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Update:

Officer in Custody, will face FELONY charges.

Officials in Cherokee County have confirmed that the officer responsible for leaving his K9 partner in a hot patrol car will face charges.

Sources tell 11Alive's Duffie Dixon that Lt. Dan Peabody was taken into custody Wednesday morning. Those sources say he will face felony charges.

Lt Dan!! Lt Dan!

Interestingly, he was apparently a...school resource officer.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

So sad to hear. In recent memory, I believe this happened last summer as well with a k9.

Yes I believe there was a thread here on ATS about that incident as well,

either that or we living in a time loop.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043
a reply to: rupertg
a reply to: SprocketUK

Well, he has apparently been arrested and they plan to file felony charges.

What those charges are I don't yet know.

That's a start at least.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Peabody is being held at the Cherokee County Jail on charges of aggravated cruelty to animals and making false statements to officers.

www.fox5atlanta.com...

His first dog was turned over to him after he was retired. He told officers that the dog died after choking on a toy, but they found evidence that the dog was shot not long after he was retired. So he's facing charges for that as well. A search warrant was executed and dog remains were found. They're attempting to determine breed and cause of death.

posted on Jun, 22 2016 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Thanks for the link.

A second dog that died—ahem, was killed—under his care? Wow.

But at the news conference, Chief Hunton said the investigation showed evidence Dale was shot and killed by Peabody at his Paulding County home shortly after Dale retired from service.

Cherokee Marshal’s Office investigators along with investigators with the Paulding County Sheriff’s Office executed a search warrant at the former home of Peabody on Monday, and animal remains believed to be those of a dog were recovered.

These remains are currently being analyzed by a forensic veterinarian in an attempt to identify the breed and cause of death.

This guy is a real piece of work, er, # I mean.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Jesus...

Police: Remains of third dog found at officer's home

CHEROKEE COUNTY, GA. - Nearly two weeks after a former school officer was charged in connection with the deaths of two K9 officers, investigators have recovered the remains of a third dog at the officer's home.

According to authorities, a forensic veterinarian confirmed the remains of a Belgian Malinois, likely killed by a gunshot, were discovered at Lt. Daniel Peabody's home. These were not the remains of Dale, a Yellow Lab, Peabody claimed to have shot and killed.

posted on Jul, 5 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Sorry I missed your reply
Wow, they most likely would not charge here, due to a few cases in the news..I guess better to call the popo and have them break the window.
This one of the cases that got the public in an uproar and made the concept of breaking windows acceptable in these instances.
www.vancouversun.com...

So now 3 dead dogs for this guy

edit on 5-7-2016 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join