It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Social Experiment restores my faith in America.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Cool video, but Trump's problem is illegal immigrants. It's like if a candidate lamented drug dealers, and as a social experiment, someone made a video called "Meet a pharmacist". It's false to equate legal and illegal immigrants.

That doesn't seem to stop Trump from implying that an American Born Judge with Legal Immigrant Parents still has a bias against building a wall to keep out Illegal Immigrants though does it??

Apparently to Trump whether or not you're legal or illegal there is no difference between how they think or which Nation they support. So it's not as far removed as your example is suggesting.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

So a law abiding Muslim living in London should be banned from entering just because he is Muslim?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

The law states there cannot even be an appearance of conflict of interest. It appears there is. The judge's affiliations are questionable. The fact his parents were illegals (debatable) is questionable.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

So a law abiding Muslim living in London should be banned from entering just because he is Muslim?

According to Trump, after a terrorist attack on citizens by Muslims, yes. According to my own view? No.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The law states there cannot even be an appearance of conflict of interest. It appears there is. The judge's affiliations are questionable. The fact his parents were illegals (debatable) is questionable.

His parents are LEGAL immigrants. He's as American as Trump is.

Is anyone questioning Trumps Loyalty to the country??

There's no conflict of interest based upon his membership in the lawyers group. Does anyone question the other multitude of lawyers groups and their interests???

If anyone has a conflict of interest it's Trump complaining about a judge not being fair to him while he's the DEFENDANT in the case. You think he doesn't have a conflict being that he's the one on trial who's looking for anyway possible to get out of it???

Get real.
edit on 11-6-2016 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:00 PM
link   
If I rob a bank, it's just an "undocumented withdraw".

So I should not be punished.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   

The law states there cannot even be an appearance of conflict of interest.

Here's the law

Nothing about the appearance of conflict of interest.

The judge's affiliations are questionable.

It's been shown that the la Raza lawyers group is different from La Raza Council.

Some Trump supporters have incorrectly linked La Raza Lawyers to the National Council of La Raza, a 50-year-old civil rights group that has been strongly critical of Trump's proposals on immigration, as well as his idea to temporarily ban Muslims from entering the United States.

Source

The fact his parents were illegals (debatable) is questionable.

Wrong.

Raul Curiel said their father, Salvador, arrived in Arizona as a laborer in the 1920s, eventually receiving citizenship and becoming a steelworker. Their parents were married in Mexico in 1946, and their mother, Francisca, became a citizen after joining her husband in the United States.

Source

originally posted by: mOjOm
Is anyone questioning Trumps Loyalty to the country??

Well, I do, but not because of his race or heritage.
edit on 6/11/2016 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 02:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Not according to due process:

Recuse

Nothing states he was born before or after his parents became legal. An anchor baby could be shown to have a bias against someone advocating for immigration reforms.

Mexican isn't a race.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I find this very interesting looking at a few comments already made on this thread and in other comments i see.

The issue is not so much immigration but rather the language that is used.

Is immigration a issue that needs to be addressed, yes!

Its a perfectly valid political debate that has to be had and there is absolutely nothing wrong with discussing reducing immigration.

What is a big issue however is how this debate is being had, Trump has made several very inflammatory comments towards immigrants that rather than engaging debate has turned it into a slagging match. Thats the big problem, its not that he is against immigration it is how he argues his point.

Its interesting how "anti-trump" seems to be synonymous with "pro-immigration"

Your right trump did a bad job describing illegal aliens in his first week as a politician. Obviously the majority are not criminals or rapists. He was bringing them up to make a point that some of them are dangerous, a danger that could be removed if we had an effective border.

Now, I agree he did a bad job expressing himself, but in case you haven't noticed he tends to speak off the cuff and occasionally say stupid things.

However for this one statement he and his supporters are constantly referred to as racists, and he is often compared to hitler. It's just a proposterous response. I would like to know what trump could do to change people's minds that he is not a racist or the next hitler. The answer is there is nothing he could do, anything he would try would be seen as pandering.

The video is proposterous, this dummy cannot possibly believe all of trumps supporters think he is a criminal, maybe 1 percent who are actually hard core racists do, but they are a tiny group. If you were actually surprised by this video you have a very warped view of the right, I know the left media loves to call us racists continuously but it is complete bs.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: TheBulk

It's irrelevant weather or not people from other countries are good people or not what matters are people are breaking our laws in record numbers and taking total advantage of our welfare programs.

This video is ridiculous. That kid obviously spent the majority of his life in America and the problem isn't legal immigration it's illegal immigration.

Try to change what it's really about to support your agenda.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

La Raza is a known hate group associated with the Reconquista movement why can't you comprehend that?

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

La Raza is a known hate group associated with the Reconquista movement why can't you comprehend that?

Why can't you comprehend that this group of lawyers aren't the same group as the activists??? It's been shown over and over again with all the information and evidence to support it.

"La Raza" is a common term used for a variety of businesses and organization and they are not all connected or have the same agenda.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Yeah, it'd be like another group calling themselves the KKK. it doesn't mean that they are racist also!

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Then, let the law decide if there is "a strong possibility that the judge's decision will be biased." I don't think one's ethnicity automatically creates an impropriety. But apparently Trump does.

And why doesn't Trump simply request a recusal instead of showing his ass? He's just all talk (name-calling) and NO action. He knows there's no basis for recusal, he just didn't like the judgment and went after the man's ethnicity. I have no use for such childish behavior from an adult.

I can't believe how absurd your arguments are. Anchor baby? Really? You're an intelligent person, but you're parroting the shtick as if you believe everything you're told by Trump.

I know Mexican isn't a race. I didn't say or imply that it was.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
what do native americans have to say about all this, after all theyve been here long before columbus in the 1400s.

oh yea, they are minorities and in the same category as muslims or any other minority groups.

what a race.
edit on 11-6-2016 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
The USA should just open their borders for everyone, just let everyone in
That would be so nice of you guys

And of course there would be no more problems with illegals everyone is a legal

Then You will scratch Your head and wonder Why Your boss only wants to pay You 2 dollars a day for manual labor.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

Then, let the law decide if there is "a strong possibility that the judge's decision will be biased." I don't think one's ethnicity automatically creates an impropriety. But apparently Trump does.

And why doesn't Trump simply request a recusal instead of showing his ass? He's just all talk (name-calling) and NO action. He knows there's no basis for recusal, he just didn't like the judgment and went after the man's ethnicity. I have no use for such childish behavior from an adult.

I can't believe how absurd your arguments are. Anchor baby? Really? You're an intelligent person, but you're parroting the shtick as if you believe everything you're told by Trump.

I know Mexican isn't a race. I didn't say or imply that it was.

I'm not aware of a softer term for anchor baby for you. If there is one, it doesn't change anything regarding whether he was born to illegal immigrants, and neither am I saying that is a bad thing. But it does show a bias.

I'm not aware of Trump's legal plan in this case. I'm sure his team have something planned.

And you're parroting the other shtick, and if that's grounds for calling my arguments absurd, then I cannot believe how absurd your arguments are.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Think whatever you want. It's not even compelling to me to debate with you. The judge is a natural-born citizen of this country and should not be judged by the history of his parents' immigration. But if you think that shows a bias, carry on.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

It's not compelling to debate with you either.

He is being judged for the possibility of bias. To insert ethnic and racial bias is a sign of ethnic and racial bias. Mexico is a multi-ethnic country.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Yeah, it'd be like another group calling themselves the KKK. it doesn't mean that they are racist also!

The KKK is pretty specific so not really. I don't know any other institution other than the Klan that uses KKK. La Raza on the other hand is used by many places. There is La Raza Tattoo shop, La Raza Newspaper, etc.

They aren't all affiliated with La Raza Activists.

<< 1    3 >>

join