It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pop-up emergency shelters fit into a shipping container; include p, w, p & toilets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
Or it could be they are the ones who would appreciate them and need them the most.

True.

Wasn't it Salt Lake city that removed homelessness from the city. I forget how they did it. But it turned out cheaper than trying to ignore the situation but chronically having to play 'pick up the aftermath and messes.'

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: crayzeed
a reply to: BO XIANI replied on something similar to this a couple of years ago. The guy who thought this is a mite late.
My friends brother moved to Cyprus about ten years ago. Now the game is there (the info came from a Cypriot lawyer) you buy a piece of land, get two containers, place them ten foot apart, put a roof over all of it and cut doors and windows in the containers. The centre part to be used as the living room.
No here is the best part. As long as you leave the handling hooks on the containers it not classed as a permanent residence and escapes taxes.
I'm sorry I have no pictures but he has a very desirable permanent residence from just two containers.

Sounds like a win-win, to me.

Some container homes can be much better than a single wide.

Sigh.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ladyinwaiting
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'd say give them to the homeless, but, again, only those who would appreciate them!

Maybe you can get a job making that judgment.

It would be quite a job! At the least, anyone receiving such a thing would need to be monitored, to be sure they were caring for the place. Had a relative (now deceased) who would trash any place he had, including free housing provided by a friend. Someone like that relative would just trash the place. People that would care for it, which is likely most homeless people, would be another matter. Even something small like that would be better than nothing. Far better use of such facilities than for "refugees".

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: BO XIAN
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I'm with you about the ingrates who never learned a shred of civility and sanity in a social situation.

Ruthless violence in the name of any religion is not called for.

I'm not sure how many folks learn much thankfulness and respect in our era. But I'd agree--if they don't take care of it and keep it reasonably clean--toss em out into a cardboard shack or tent.

I saw from a relative that sort of uncaring behavior, and it was really BAD. Sort of person that gives all in the group a bad name, sadly. In that case, drugs and heavy drinking; totally ruined his life.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol

originally posted by: LadyGreenEyes
a reply to: BO XIAN

They sound amazing, truly, but these days, the "refugees" would likely set fire to them. In a 23-hour period, I read about them doing just that for facilities they deemed inadequate, for missing a wake up call,, and for not liking what was offered for ramadan.

I'd say give them to the homeless, but, again, only those who would appreciate them!

I read they ate babies.

*sigh*

Not that sort of attitude here, believe me. Knew someone who became homeless, and was a complete disaster. Trashed a place a friend provided for free, stole from everyone that tried to help, and didn't think he should have to do anything for himself. NOT the case for most homeless people, by a long shot, but it is for some, so such a program would have to be monitored, to be sure the units were being cared for.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:40 AM
link   
I wonder if they will sell them individually? I love to have 1 or two in my survival kit.

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You can buy old campers for under two grand around here and tow your house with you if there is a problem

Come SHTF, we're hitting one of those RV superstores near us for a BOV, hehe.... Plenty of them would be just sitting there.

<< 1   >>

join