It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'At the limit,' Mexico buckles under migrant surge to U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Mexico is stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to illegal migration.

Seems they can't control their own Southern Border as well as they used to.

There's an ongoing onslaught of illegal migration coming through Mexico and as it increases, the Mexican government is slowing the efforts to stop it.

Now WHY would that be happening all of a sudden?

'At the limit,' Mexico buckles under migrant surge to U.S.

Mexico is struggling to stem the flow of Central American migrants traveling to the United States ahead of the U.S. presidential election, causing major concern in Washington, which is weighing sending more agents to help.

In 2014, Mexico moved to strengthen its southern border when a surge in child migrants from Central America sparked a political crisis in the United States.

Last year, Mexico detained over 190,000 migrants, more than double the number in 2012.

But official data examined by Reuters shows that fewer migrants have been captured in Mexico this year even as the number caught on the U.S. border has soared.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've always found their border policies much like our own; purely a political tool to be utilized.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Wait a minute!
Are you saying that a country that wants an open border for their citizens doesn't want an open border of other countries citizens?
So tell me again why we let illegals come to America.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wait a minute!
Are you saying that a country that wants an open border for their citizens doesn't want an open border of other countries citizens?

Simple, so they can vote Democrat!

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Wait a minute!

Hold the damn presses.

You mean to tell me Mexico has an immigration problem?

Nahhh, they just move them along northbound.

But apparently Mexicans are leaving the US.

In waves apparently as some preferred polls would suggest.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Ummm hello.

Because of the wall.

I'm spreading this as much as possible.

Trump just got 1,000,000 votes
edit on 6/10/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Mexico will build a South Border to North Border TOLL road running through itself to the U.S.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Mexico will build a South Border to North Border TOLL road running through itself to the U.S.

Said Toll Road exist nowdays, every aspiring Illegal crossing thru Mexico has to pay 'Mordida' (bribe) to INM (Mexican Immigration Institute), to the Federal, State and Local Police and last but not least but the worst are the 'Cartels'... and I hear the 'Coyotes' are making a killing smuggling Illegals to the US.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: manuelram16

originally posted by: IAMTAT

Said Toll Road exist nowdays, every aspiring Illegal crossing thru Mexico has to pay 'Mordida' (bribe) to INM (Mexican Immigration Institute), to the Federal, State and Local Police and last but not least but the worst are the 'Cartels'... and I hear the 'Coyotes' are making a killing smuggling Illegals to the US.

You're right.
We should make the Cartels pay for the wall.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

Which IS the Mexican gov't....Trump has it right.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I want that wall so high that the ISS hits it like the titanic hit the glacier...without any loss of life, of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Aristotelian1

We should dig a big ass hole on the other side of it too incase anyone tried to go over or under it.

I'm so surprised the liberal hit squad hasn't jumped down your throat crying foal for the South American immigrants or calling Mexicans racist.

What's up with that?

edit on 6/10/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

We should dig a big ass hole on the other side of it too incase anyone tried to go over or under it.

I'm so surprised the liberal hit squad hasn't jumped down your throat crying foal for the South American immigrants or calling Mexicans racist.

What's up with that?

Yeah because people can not get around holes any easier than they can a wall. The entire wall idea is stupid. It lacks any common sense and ignores the idea that people just get in on boats or as the majority do now, enter on visas and stay.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Are you ignoring the entire article???

Just curious...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

yea people break laws so why should we have them? nice logic bud.

I'm sure you also leave your front door open at night, because burglars are going to burglar regardless of difficulty.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

What's up with that?

Most liberals avoid reason and evidence like a vampire avoids sunlight. They know I'll drop a factoid or two on them.

Or maybe they're afraid of my crazy awesome Kung fu skills.

edit on 10-6-2016 by Aristotelian1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:33 PM
link   
more like stuck between a border, amiright?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 11:36 PM
link   

So, they are fine with illegal invasion of our country, but not their own.

Hypocrites!

If the government had any sense, they'd tell them to go suck an egg. Big if, I know.

new topics

top topics

join