It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm smarter than you so you're a moron!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
It's like in traffic.... Everyone going faster then you is an a$$, everyone going slower is an idiot. When in reality we are all going faster then 99% of the world, from all time, doing 30...

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: onequestion

originally posted by: denybedoomed
So is the typo in your title meant to be ironic?

It's not a typo I type a certain way because I've been PC gaming since I was 13.

Great job on proving my point though.

I used to PC game...then I found myself an Xbox360/One...changed my life

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:15 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Can never go back after PC.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:18 AM
link   
As soon as I read the title I knew you were talking about here. I don't even frequent other websites other than Facebook for connection to my very large family and it is where I post pictures of my work on CELL BLOCK D, but, you are right it has been happening a lot around here with a lot more frequency. But other websites have always been pretty nasty with that, but yes even I've been snippy a couple of times to people who really rubbed me the wrong way.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Honestly...I have a better PC with excellent monitors...but I use it for office work instead of play time

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Newt22
It's like in traffic.... Everyone going faster then you is an a$$, everyone going slower is an idiot. When in reality we are all going faster then 99% of the world, from all time, doing 30...

But if everything is going your way in life, you must obviously be in the wrong lane (idiot). LOL It was one of those jokes I remember from a while ago...thought it was suitable as a supplement to your post *respekt*

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Yeah no. It's a little late in the day for this.

Donald Trump set the tone for this election 10 months ago. His supporters have cheered him on for his "lack of filter" and applauded him for insulting, disparaging, mocking and denigrating absolutely anyone and everyone.

I mean, the guy mocked a reporter's physical disabilities. His idea of a reasonable criticism of Carly Fiorino? "Look at that face!" Illegal immigrants? Except for those few "good people," they're all rapists. Everyone is dumb, stupid, third rate, a loser, a failure, dopey, a dope, weak, a lightweight, untalented, "just sad," or terrible.

You want objective evidence? NYT - The 224 People, Places and Things Donald Trump Has Insulted on Twitter: A Complete List

That's just twitter. Open that link up and search "dumb." 49 hits. Can you honestly say that he doesn't epitomize exactly what you find so "alarming?"
edit on 2016-6-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Everybody has off days even myself.

Gee One, I seem to have had encounters with you on several of these occasions. Times where it seemed to me that you were interacting with my replies on the very basis that you so eloquently expose in your OP. Did you know that? That you often come across in this manner? I point this out only because you suggest that 'In my opinion we need to look at ourselves and look at what's happening with our culture and why we're at each others throats." and I wonder to what extent you are unaware of your own sense of righteousness which then spills over into this form of communication. Did you know that?

And I suppose that mine may also. NO,I'm sure it does and it is my struggle to express myself without my sense of superiority. Damn sense of superiority, it keeps getting in the way of true communication. It makes it hard to listen to others while at the same time produces the effect of alienating those around us with different understandings on things.

But one thing I think you left out of the OP that think obfuscates the problem and that is that unfortunately the world IS filled with a bunch of morons who have all the rights of free speech like those of us who are not.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

You do realize, I hope, that there's no reason to discuss politics with anyone anymore, right?

See, the deal is that anymore, people are emotionally invested in political issues, so you bring up the topic and you don't get rationality or reason, you just get emotional outburst. As a result, there's no reason to discuss politics because no one ever changes anyone's mind about anything, and the effort to do so just injures someone's "feelings".

And that my man is the reason that objective observers have commented to the effect that there aren't any "political" solutions to what ails the US; politics is no longer rational. The reason for that is that in general, Americans are alienated from the institutions of government, and from the politicians in DC and..............alienated from each other.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Your post is something a idiot, moron, stupid person would post. Im right so suck it up.
( just trying to keep up with the high standards of many ATS members.
)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

And that my man is the reason that objective observers have commented to the effect that there aren't any "political" solutions to what ails the US; politics is no longer rational.

The only solution is to manifest a culture of inclusiveness and objective intelligence where emotions are separate from ideology.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"The only solution is to manifest a culture of inclusiveness and objective intelligence where emotions are separate from ideology."
I would ask is it possible to have ideology without emotions ?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
a reply to: imod02

Yes. They are separate.

How you feel doesn't have to dictate how you think.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   

a reply to: imod02

Yes. They are separate.

How you feel doesn't have to dictate how you think.

I would say that how you feel does not have to dictate what you do, but in order to feel something one must think about it first, but i get what your getting at

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

The only solution is to manifest a culture of inclusiveness and objective intelligence where emotions are separate from ideology.

Yea, I suppose so, but that seems highly unlikely considering how many different demographic and economic groups are deeply invested in promoting their interests to the exclusion of other demographic and economic groups. That and the fact that so many are now intentionally withdrawing from active participation in the affairs of the "public square" and from society at large. I'm witnessing that first hand out here in the boonies, which sadly, are filling up fast with refugees from the large metro areas.

I would add that the withdrawal spoken of above extends to the best and brightest minds withdrawing which is one of the reasons we have the problems with politics today; the best and the brightest aren't running FOR public office, they're running FROM those in public office. Those running for public office are typically either opportunists seeking personal gain or idiot ideologues with minds wide shut.
edit on 10-6-2016 by TonyS because: ETA

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

... Anyone you disagree with you is an idiot, a moron, stupid and hasn't done enough research. To be honest with you, this sentiment has really gotten worse since the election cycle. I don't know what it is in this election cycle but it's really bringing out the worst in many people.

onequestion
Only an idiot argues with a moron

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Someone should tell those poor people that politics are for the feeble minded

top topics

<< 1   >>

join