It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm smarter than you so you're a moron!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Yup, you're stupid!

It's an alarming trend I've been witnessing on social media and even here on ATS. Anyone you disagree with you is an idiot, a moron, stupid and hasn't done enough research. To be honest with you, this sentiment has really gotten worse since the election cycle. I don't know what it is in this election cycle but it's really bringing out the worst in many people.

Why 2016 will be most negative, nasty presidential campaign in modern American history

If you thought 2015 was a nasty, negative campaign year in presidential politics just wait. The safest prediction you will hear for 2016 is that this year will be the most negative, ugly, nasty campaign in modern U.S. history.

I can't really totally blame the politicians because they give us what they want. Let's take Bernie Sanders for example. He has the been the cleanest most positive and stick to the issues candidate in a very long time in my opinion and even he had to start turning on Hillary in order to get in the spotlight in media and to gain more favor with the electorate.

The sad thing is, it's not totally their fault. They are giving us what we want. In my opinion our politics reflect the collective mind in our country or any country. They are the products of the best of what our culture produces. In my opinion we need to look at ourselves and look at what's happening with our culture and why we're at each others throats.

It's pretty obvious to me that we're not all morons and idiots because of a political belief.
edit on 6/10/2016 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Well, it's the internet so, pretty sure the correct term is morAN.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let me apologise to my behaviour and asking if you were slow yesterday evening.

I was in a bad mood all day and I forgot to take my anti-psychotics.

Not a good idea.

I will promise to be more civil in future.
edit on 10-6-2016 by Hazardous1408 because: Autocorrect.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: HoldMyBeer

Oh know this extends beyond the internet. You can't even talk to people about it anymore.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Everybody has off days even myself.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
So is the typo in your title meant to be ironic?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I got swag, I just want to make it look good.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: denybedoomed
So is the typo in your title meant to be ironic?

It's not a typo I type a certain way because I've been PC gaming since I was 13.

Great job on proving my point though.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Phage is smarter than any human I've encountered on the Internet...

And I agree, the name calling in politics is despicable...it is so much more rewarding to win with ideas instead of immaturity....

I'm looking at you Elizabeth Warren and Donald Trump...

-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
In all fairness, I'm not that smart... So if I am smarter than someone they probably are pretty stupid.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Haha, you're welcome, man. I'm just poking a little here. In regards to the op. Yes, this election seems to be dividing people. Which of course is the plan. Even here on ATS. I lurked here for years before joining, and since that time have seen members slowly become more callous and insulting to other members, and apparently for little reason than "I don't agree with you." I've come close several times to jumping ship. But there are good posts here, you just have to sift through a lot of the B.S. I'll be glad when the election is finally over and we can go back to awesome conversations about interdimensional travel and crazy alien conspiracies. . .

Cheers, and again, I was just poking fun at the typo in the title. No hard feelings?

ETA: Ah man, you fixed it?! c'mon!
edit on 10-6-2016 by denybedoomed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:27 AM
link   
The election 'cycle' is the epitome of moronic activity. Right up there with organized sports and religion.

You're a moron if you think your vote matters or you participate to change things.

yay, team moron.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: denybedoomed

Lol.

Yes I totally agree with you and of course.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

But . . . but. . . you can't complain if you don't vote! rock the vote man! right?

/sarc

I get in pretty heated arguments with my step father about politics, he'll go off and off and off. and I just sit back, and at the end of his rant I just say something like "Yeah, but who killed JFK, man? you think the gov't told us the truth about that?"

his answer is of course, "no, I think there's more there."

And i say, "well then nothing's off the damn table then! It's all B.S.!"

and that seems to shut him up. even though i know he think's i'm a moron. . .

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

The election 'cycle' is the epitome of moronic activity. Right up there with organized sports and religion.

You're a moron if you think your vote matters or you participate to change things.

yay, team moron.

So you post in a thread about "name calling" and in your first two sentences insult over half the earths population by calling religion a "moronic activity"...

Then call anyone who participates in voting a "moron"....The irony in that statement is spectacular and speaks for itself...

Well done sir...your posts are exactly what the op intended to illuminate(pun intended)

-Christosterone

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:37 AM
link   

It's pretty obvious to me that we're not all morons and idiots because of a political belief.

Or are we ?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I share the same sentiment. Lots of good insightful people aswell well as a lot of riff-raff. I lurked a long,long time before joining too. I take the scallywags and the the socially inept and those who forgot their Meds with a grain of salt however even they have a ton to share. Not to point the finger but hefficide for one always gave great insightful posts at least from my perspective. I guess it's pointing the finger positively because he is open with his struggles with certain ailments and I find his take Intriguing. Haven't seen him lately however.

Very mixed crowed here on ats that's for sure.

a reply to: denybedoomed

edit on 10-6-2016 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Let's face it we can all be "morons" now and again.

Ain't that the truth??

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:57 AM
link   

The sad thing is, it's not totally their fault. They are giving us what we want. In my opinion our politics reflect the collective mind in our country or any country. They are the products of the best of what our culture produces. In my opinion we need to look at ourselves and look at what's happening with our culture and why we're at each others throats.

Are they? Which came first? The chicken or the egg? I think the elections are a bit of social engineering, and a bit of dialectical perversion to deepen national divide. We think it's what we want, but in reality, they're playing to our innate tribal mentality.

We're all "stupid"(read that ignorant). If we weren't operating in ignorance as a nation, our politicians and government wouldn't be able to pull off the shenanigans they do, because we would collectively call them on the carpet. So no one has a lot of room to boast in this country, I don't care how smart they think they are.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

We're all "stupid"(read that ignorant). If we weren't operating in ignorance as a nation, our politicians and government wouldn't be able to pull off the shenanigans they do, because we would collectively call them on the carpet. So no one has a lot of room to boast in this country, I don't care how smart they think they are.

110% agree.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join