It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goldman Sachs is sponsoring a Scientology-based jail ‘re-education’ program

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryDon79

It's called hearsay. That shows you are not a credible witness to what you are trying to testify.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: groveacc
a reply to: TerryDon79

It's called hearsay. That shows you are not a credible witness to what you are trying to testify.

What I have done is offer proof to prove my case. You haven't offered anything to counter it.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ColdWisdom
S&F Clockwork Orange. Scientology is evil. Very scary stuff.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: groveacc

If you don't like it then go and complain to a Mod. See who's posts they remove after reviewing this thread.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Interesting thread cold wisdom.

The trolls sprinkled in some entertaining humor too.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:08 AM
link   

I've worked in juvenile corrections with both secured and unsecured residential treatment for the past 6 years, icluding MRT for a good portion of that time. As I said earlier, any therapeutic program is merely one part. You have a behavior management program, 1 on 1 therapy and sometimes group therapy, family sessions, reintroduction to society, a school component such as GED prep orPLATO, etc. There is also a screning process to determine placement (although I've seen some terrible decisions from the screning committee.) In one of the original posts, it talks about earning points for visitation/phone call privileges. This has nothing to do with MRT. It is most likely a part of the treatment program. Treatment programs usually consist of levels, the higher the level, the more perks/responsibility residents are awarded.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Cypress

Sounds like the merit demerit system used in military acadamies... the reason why such fails as I can see youre not a fan of it, as it is authoritative a reward punishment system of normal everyday activities that are designed to show authoritarinism where reward only comes from those above you in the chain of authority... when out in the world from such a system then they will of course flaunt against that, as thats all theyve known... control control control with no self determination to grow and be what they want to be and give back as a contributing member of society... it only reinforces rebellion to authority the same way anorexia etc arises because food etc is the only means of autonomity or control that person has over themself and it is a way of retaining their power or will.

It is inhuman to break peoples spirits in such a manner, we are not animals to be beaten, forced, and coersed to not piss on the carpet of society it is a negative reinforcment concept which gives rise to negativity, so when the authoritarian steps away too long what happens in the animal? It tries as long as it can under stress and duress until nature happens... if the authority sees it as their own fault then maybe they are aware they arent as controlled and as perfect as thought... if they still see it as the animals fault? It is just a cycle of abuse of power and they are drunk on authority over another living being... the latter is psychopathology.

Positive reinforcment of the good you see in someone because theyve been deemed bad, allows for a possibility that they will say hey maybe im not all these labels and conform to those labels in a self/other fulfilling prophesy... they expect me to be this way try and break my spirit to be this way? Then they resign that thats all their value is and what else could one expect with no encouragement for better?

The reward system is one that works in self disipline only not other disipline as authoritarian in nature... the point is to teach persons better yes? If teaching them how to be drunk on power and authority what does one think occurs when set back loose on society? They will excerise power and control over others not even asking for it or need it... and well right back into the system from domestic disturbance etc. because why? They blame others for being self rewarding and not rewarding them leading them into the problem society has called them... so they try to reform others to that role of thinking and plop right back for more of it in the system again.

Instead of labels how about possibilities as a label is like a tattoo hard to escape from once branded... sure we accept labels all the time like a horoscope oh thats me... um no thats everybody its what one has attached too that paints a picture either they like or dont once one is given it doesnt allow for opportunity or grwoth unless positive and chosen... no one wants to be seen as bad or a failure but when expectations to be what people want or expect them to be but themselves and theres no opportunity for growth? It would be a good idea to start giving people chances by encouragment and showing them they are good enough when the whole of society saying they arent is why they are there to begin with because they believed they werent and set out to prove society right... when society was wrong and we all know it.

But hey working to change that for the better will help make society right and well many times is individual by individual when so institutionalized to either help change the issue instead of perpetuate the issue... a lot of perpetuating with all the growth of prisons and incarceration if anyone hasnt noticed. Meaning its a very clear sign as society? We are doing it wrong... but on the way to getting there when the individual and possibilities they have as an individual are encouraged and allowed growth to benefit it... if the home hasnt done that then thats why they are there, if society or system does that too? Double whammy.

As its said barbarism begins in the home, children are well pretty honest until they learn the only way to get any freedom is to hide things or lie to the tyrant they are seen as being subject or slave too... then its rinse repeat the same cycle never getting better... even as adults because then society or the government become the parental authority. In such a case somethings got to give because its one of being stuck between a rock and a hard place.

edit on 14-6-2016 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Kandinsky

I remember seeing ads for Narcanon on TV. Had no idea it was bat crap crazy scientology nonsense.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) was that they would take people, lock them up and pump them full of vitamins and Scientology literature.

When I was younger and they played Scientology commercials, I thought it was Christianity mixed with science, and it seemed pretty innocuous (it's not). If you go look at videos of these people you can tell something is very off, and that they get taught a certain script. WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES!!!!!

A lot of religions get a bad rap, but you can attend pretty much any church for free. You don't have to drop a few bucks in the basket, and you certainly don't have to pay to get to the next level.

Scientology blows my mind. The founder of it wrote science fiction. I have too much time on my hands.

NA and AA are based on principles found in Scientology if I remember correctly. I can tell you that through personal experience that neither of them are in fact Scientology, nor do they do anything even remotely similar as far as practices regarding making members do anything at all. It is all voluntary and benign if not helpful. Not that different than someone living by the golden rule even if they aren't Christian.

Just saying don't be scared of NA just because it uses some useful principles. I am not shilling for AA, NA, or Scientology. At all I promise and should be easily verifiable in my post history.

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aristotelian1

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: Kandinsky

I remember seeing ads for Narcanon on TV. Had no idea it was bat crap crazy scientology nonsense.

My understanding (and I may be wrong) was that they would take people, lock them up and pump them full of vitamins and Scientology literature.

When I was younger and they played Scientology commercials, I thought it was Christianity mixed with science, and it seemed pretty innocuous (it's not). If you go look at videos of these people you can tell something is very off, and that they get taught a certain script. WHAT ARE YOUR CRIMES!!!!!

A lot of religions get a bad rap, but you can attend pretty much any church for free. You don't have to drop a few bucks in the basket, and you certainly don't have to pay to get to the next level.

Scientology blows my mind. The founder of it wrote science fiction. I have too much time on my hands.

Is your argument this?
Premise 1: Hubbard wrote science fiction.
Premise 2:Hubbard started Scientology.
Conclusion:Therefore, Scientology is science fiction.

By the way. Narconon has a 75% success rating.

Whether that is their assertion or not it is mine. 75% success rate? Are you joking me? Try 5% my man. That is fantastically ridiculous but I wish it was true. Where do you get that statistic?

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I can't believe people still buy into scientology

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

Families question Scientology-linked drug rehab after recent deaths

IT HAPPENED TO ME: I Went To Rehab At A Scientology Recruitment Center

Today, Narconon has gone under extensive investigation, with many sites closing down. NBC’s Rock Center even did a special on it after two patients were mistreated and died.

More scandalous headlines about Narconon:

www.news9.com...
www.mlive.com...
www.washingtonpost.com... ory.html

This one is my personal favorite:

Lawsuit: Denham Springs drug rehab clinic a recruiting tool for Scientology

Jeannette McHenry took out a bank loan and borrowed money from family to help come up with the $27,000 to send her son to Narconon Louisiana New Life Retreat, a residential drug rehabilitation program in Denham Springs.

What her son got instead of substance abuse counseling, McHenry claims in a lawsuit filed in Baton Rouge federal court, is heavy indoctrination into the Church of Scientology.

McHenry, of Washington state, alleges in the suit that the Narconon program is merely a Scientology recruiting tool.

Narconon “used a ‘bait and switch’ scheme whereby (it) promised (McHenry) extensive substance abuse counseling for her son and then delivered only Scientology teaching and dangerous Scientology rituals,” McHenry alleges in the suit.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   
They are definitely evil bastards who should be allowed nowhere near children or have anything to do with educating, or "re-educating" (an interesting word with authoritarian overtones, or is it undertones...?)them.

Im curious about something you said:

in true Scientology fashion the exploitation of ancient technology

What ancient technology are they exploiting? Is NLP one? What else?

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

When people are planted in so deep in ideology and beleif and refuse to be uprooted from their cognitive dossonance or "distance" from others not oneself they prefer clones.

As the wind blows through the tree tops the cone seeds more than just smoke when all lays in ashes.

posted on Nov, 21 2016 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

What ancient technology are they exploiting? Is NLP one? What else?

Remote Viewing is credited to being developed by Ingo Swann, famous OT7 Scientologist that worked with Dr. Jacques Vallee at Stanford Research Institute. His work was for the CIA, but he and Hal Puthoff were both Scientologists.

Remote Viewing is essentially a pantomime of Astral Projection, a meditative technique going all the way back to the far east.

A lot of Scientology's technology is derived from Occult mythos.

(post by stuartboard removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)
(post by JollyAll removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join