It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

6 Objective Reasons Ronald Reagan Was your Worst President

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:16 PM
link   
FDR and LBJ have more to do with the state of the country than any other President.
The great society they gave us was the iceberg that is sinking our ship.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
FDR and LBJ have more to do with the state of the country than any other President.
The great society they gave us was the iceberg that is sinking our ship.

Big goverment seems to have been bigger under regan than even today though they did seem to be higher under Kennedy and LBJ though after it went down and it seems Regan reversed that.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Excallibacca
a reply to: ugmold

We're not ignoring it, we're just at our jobs.

LOL, sorry, couldn't resist.

Never seems to be a problem on the Hannity Style Liberal bashing posts. LOL, sorry, couldn't resist.
edit on 9-6-2016 by ugmold because: addition

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 02:15 PM
link   
What baffles me is that people actually believe the president actually does things and acts under their own will.

Watching them read a speech tells you everything - nothing comes from them.

TPTB wouldn't allow that. Since everyone is so gullible, things will continue as they were..

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 03:36 PM
link   

To be honest, bash em all. They all deserve it.

posted on Jun, 9 2016 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

To go back to the root . . . one would have to go back to George Washington . . . and some would say to Rome . . . and others would say to Babylon before that.

I think a lot of those points were grossly distorted at best.

I didn't think the mental health thing worked out at all as intended. I'm glad so many were not incarcerated in mental wards against their will . . . but a lot of folks walking the streets in pathetic states were better off in the mental wards.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Slick response but "History"? Selective at best, young man.....

P.S. Oh yes, "a fan of history" that uses a comedy show's skit as a source reference....LOLOLOL...Mods move this thread to the pun and joke forum....

edit on 10-6-2016 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   

The day I see a 'Pro-American' thread come out of you is the day Trump gives birth to twins.....

The fun part about history is cherry picking which is a left mainstay....

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 05:53 AM
link   

He was part of the Ayn Rand fan club back in the day.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: nwtrucker

The day I see a 'Pro-American' thread come out of you is the day Trump gives birth to twins.....

The fun part about history is cherry picking which is a left mainstay....

You mean like this one ?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:01 PM
link   

I ditch nothing....

If it's a leftist view and it empowers uneducated left responses, I will put that comment/thread into the 'left' cubby-hole.

A Democrat Congress existed throughout the Reagan era. If one is, as you say, "objective" then the entire Reagan bashing falls under both parties. Especially the spending!

Even the military build-up had HUGE Democrat support- 'Scoop Jackson era' Democrats were nothing like this current edition- as I no longer see myself as a right-wing supporter, right leaning centralist is more accurate, I do support a strong military and it IS a 'right view' , I freely admit it.

I see no balance or objectivity in your thread. I call 'em as I see 'em.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Ahh, I see LBJ, Carter, Clinton and Obama pillars of superior leadership and progressive vision...yeah right.

I rebut remove that batch and we'd be one HELL of a lot better off than we are now, you, sir, can bank on it.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I say someone who pigeons holes everything into left/right black/white speaks of a small and uneducated man.

Also i did not claim personally the article was objectives , only repeating the title.

Again you brought out a good discussion point, how much were the democrats to blame too? They continued regans authoritin policys through clintons presidenticy.
But your so wrapped up in your petty small mindef left/right bull# is it even worth discussing it? As you seem hell bent of derailing with partasian rants than discussing the actually topic?

Maybe thats why US politics is so broken? Your too busy attacking each other woth your silly left/right pigeon holeing you dont notice the politicians rapeing your country?

Again its pathetic.

You cant name one left policy i support, you just call me "left" because i disagree with you and called into question your god regan.

If anything you and Regan are true left as unlike me you favour big authoritarian government.

So take a good long look in the mirror before you throw out partasian lable

And who says a overwhelming military is a "right view" ? Who made that rule?

Right means small government.

As you admit your a right-centralist. Your view on the military are the "left" bit thats makes you centralist rather than a full right wing liberation.

If anything im more "right" leaning than you, though by no means a full libertarian , though i hate to pigeon hole myself and prefer to be politically flexible and certainly dont have a party do my thinking for me.

s
edit on 10-6-2016 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

I got as far as your comment on pigeon holing "everything".....and stopped wasting my time.

"Everything" is a generality. I never said nor implied it. In this case I have been very specific, in fact.

I don't place "everything" in the trash bin....but when I do... I prefer using the left trash bin.......

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   

P.S. There have been a number of your posts I have agreed with and have comment so. In one case, I was irritated at myself for not seeing your point myself, it was that plain.

YOU are not your 'threads'. You are not your 'posts'.
If I disagree with a train of thought or a view-as you have with me on many occasions- then it's the thought/view that is being commented on....not YOU.

Get the distinction?

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 07:12 PM
link   

P.S. There have been a number of your posts I have agreed with and have comment so. In one case, I was irritated at myself for not seeing your point myself, it was that plain.

YOU are not your 'threads'. You are not your 'posts'.
If I disagree with a train of thought or a view-as you have with me on many occasions- then it's the thought/view that is being commented on....not YOU.

Get the distinction?

Think we may have crossed wires mate.

Nobody agrees 100% on everything.

Just because I disagree with someone on a specific point doesn’t mean I pigeon hole that person overall as left or right.

Personally I favour decentralised government with minimal government inference in one’s life and maximum personal freedom, Though I am far from a full libertarian as I do understand the need for SOME safety nets and social services but believe they should be handled at a local level. Im also Pro a strong armed forces but only for the purpose of defence not aggression. It why I was always a Rand Paul fan.

As for your point about a democratically controlled congress you bring up a point. The president end of the day has little power and control and cant do much without backing from congress, the supreme court and the multitude of alphabet agency’s that make up your civil service. Was Regan just a puppet? The fact that his (in my opinion) destructive policys carried on through Bush Sr, Clinton, Bush Jr and Obama seems to me to indicate yes. Your president probabaly have far less control than you think. In fact you congress likley doesnt have much control either. Most the the US goverment likley is controlled by your unelected fedral civil service.

posted on Jun, 10 2016 @ 08:27 PM
link   

On your positioning, I agree!

I was pigeon holing the thread. Not much objectivity in it that I could see. Your post of explanation seems far more accurate than the OP!

Why is that? I flat out don't get it.....

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   

On your positioning, I agree!

I was pigeon holing the thread. Not much objectivity in it that I could see. Your post of explanation seems far more accurate than the OP!

Why is that? I flat out don't get it.....

Title.

I was only reposting the title of the article.

Im not a regan fan personally and think the article brought out some food points but it far from objective.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join