It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Smoked Bacon, cooked by an Owl.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Mr. Ramsay the world famous Owl Chef returns, this time he is making some smoked bacon via his human puppet. Gotta love the smoker they built out in the woods, wonder how leafy it taste though? I could probably eat the whole thing in one setting either way.

Prepare yourself for your ASMR will be triggered.

As well as hipster triggers.

edit on 8-6-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

I would be concerned about the "leafy" aspect also, however the leaves they chose and the smoke time is purposeful. ....brilliant! Nice video.

At least this time they explained the ingredients and process adequately. Bravo! And if this is the OP then...bravo!

This bacon is driving me crazy, I wouldn't call this bacon, this is a completely different level. Bacon is sold at grocery stores.

I would call this "real bacon" . love it! Thanks for the unquenchable hunger for real bacon that is unsatisfiable unless I make it my self!

This "real bacon" is now on my bucket list. I will not die a man until I make this bacon exactly how it was made in the video and stuff my self silly with it...no easy task. But I will rest assured that I did.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 02:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

No No No!!!! On diet - why did I have to look? Oh Yeh because it looked so nice.

Great vid and thanks for reminding me that one can still enjoy camping even it the food takes hours and hours to cook.

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Before Trump closes the border to Mexico...go to Mexican or a discount food market...the large food chains rarely carry this low end cut of pork...and buy the (large) whole pork belly slap...this is bacon before it becomes bacon as we know it.
The pork belly is larger that most grill surfaces...cut to size...slow cook it while adding wood chips soaked in water, beer or whatever.
Cheers

posted on Jun, 8 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Definitely a difference between 'bacon' and Bacon.

fresh, smoked pork belly without all the nitrates.

i could eat pork belly at every meal.

posted on Jun, 11 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Looks decent and tasty, I'd call this more like 1-day bacon though. It's much better if you have a ref or some form of cold storage so you can brine large pieces of pork belly for ~2 weeks. Then, after hot smoking it for ~3-6 hours, you let it cool down and put a proper seasoning rub on it. Then put it back into the ref to mature in wax paper w/newspaper.

new topics

top topics

join