It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NATO provoked Russia

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:21 AM
link   
a reply to: RobertBedford

We are constantly provoking Russia. We did it throughout the "cold war," and we are doing it now. the MSM tries to convince brain-dead americans that Russia is the aggressor, but the truth is, of course, the opposite.

Really, because when was the last time the US annexed part of a sovereign country in the last 50 years?

I bet their neighbors have something different to say about that.

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nikola014
You should seriously travel outside of US, and get familiar with what ordinary people in Europe think of Putin. You would be surprised.

You mean that he's dangerous and deluded with a fixation about his time in the KGB under the Soviet Union.

FYI I live in Scotland and I don't know anybody who thinks Putin is a "lovely cuddly leader". Oh and if you want to go down the political leanings avenue I'm on the left, very left who can research and read facts!!!!!!! Hence Putin is dangerous and the EU isn't!

posted on Jun, 12 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

You know you were...I was suffering from a brain fart at the time I was posting. I could 'picture' him
but the name escaped..

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

I didn't know. I just guessed because it sounded like something he would have said. As soon as I read that very wise quote and you said it was an American who said it, I immediately thought 'Mark Twain'! I didn't google it, for the record. Lucky guess, I guess...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Good job, then...

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Best way to avoid Russian-NATO war. Poland should say screw you and invite Chinese military bases around the borders. This would greatly stop another European conflict, especially infiltration. White and White violence = confusion. With a different race watching the borders would make it equally hard to get in by both sides.

posted on Jun, 13 2016 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: makemap

Why would China want military bases in Poland????

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Thanks man

posted on Jun, 14 2016 @ 07:49 PM
link   
While the US population is entertained with the next show of presidential circus, the real things have been taking place on the Eastern part of Europe.

Provocation is little to say.

Russia called snap drills on Tuesday 14 June without much details given. Defense minister general Shoigu said Putin ordered the unannounced drills to check readiness of number of units.

Feeling threatened, Russia would think of response. It is unwise to enter in elaborated discussion who started it first. The wise approach is to realize, if there are Western troops and missiles on the Russian border, there are nuclear Iskanders on the Russian side that can reach half of Europe, and Kalibr that can reach all of Europe.

WW3 will be labelled such only after it is a done fact. It will take MINUTES to HOURS, not months and years as WW2.

German ex-chancellor Shroeder said on Saturday that he regretted the decision of NATO to stage massive war games in Poland, (the biggest troops movement since WW2), now under German command, only days before the 75th anniversary of the Nazi attack on the Soviet Union on June 22, 1941.. (The last estimates of WW2 casualties of Soviet Union reached 28 million compared to previous 20 mln., something that German politicians repeatedly express deep remorse about).

While the US media are filled from top to bottom with the REALLY TERRIBLE shooting in Orlando, the US population are kept mostly in dark about the real big danger the world faces. Because no one will inform the US citizens, CNN etc when the real world war starts. You will understand by your lack of electricity, TV, mobile, internet, IF you are NOT in the area of the direct nuclear hit.

The irony is no one will thank us those who spare no effort to ring the bell on internet in advance. I am not conspiracy theorist, I am rather skeptic and realist. Bitterly so. We are nearly doomed, only a miracle can save us out of a situation MANY TIMES WORSE than 1988 before the end of the Cold War.

edit on 14-6-2016 by 2012newstart because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: 2012newstart

You do understand that now with the internet one doesn't need to watch mainstream news to get the news?

That includes those in the US.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jeffersons111Ghost

I agree with you op.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:59 AM
link   
In reality Russia never provoked NATO nor any NATO members and Ukraine was no near of being an official NATO member.

Russia acted in a way to protected its citizens in eastern Ukraine whom were being by NATO's allies the Western Ukrainians.

So its NATO whose trying to provok the bear.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

They aren't even able to defend against Russian missiles, but I guess instead of doing any research it is just better to cry about it.

No no i am quite sure those innocent missile sites are meant to protect Europe from the none existent threat of Iran.

You do understand that Poland and Romainia are asking for better protection from rogue states such as NK, and certain countries in the ME that are wanting to become nuclear nations. Again research would do you some good.

Right the same NK whose country military tech is falling apart and its missiles are always crashing down to the oceans, at the same time the missile sites are positioned and aimed at Russia.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Substracto
Where's the provocation? what I do inside my own borders is my own business.

Apparently not according to Russia and its supporters!

But Putin is really worried, so worried he :-

A new report prepared by the Ministry of Defense (MoD), and causing a sensation in the Kremlin, states that President Putin personally ordered the High Command of the Aerospace Forces (AF) to ground all of the Federations most advanced Sukhoi-27 fighter jets after a week that saw 5 of America’s and Russia’s top pilots aircraft destroyed in an apparent retaliation against the Obama regime which is preparing later today to launch an attack satellite against the most mysterious object ever detected above our planet and known as the Black Knight Satellite.

edit on 15-6-2016 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

What about all those times Russia has held much larger exercises (we're talking 100,000+) right on the border of those nations that feel threatened?

That was reaction to NATO's provocation.

Russia is a bully plain and simple. They're the ones that have annexed land from their neighbors.

Do you Americans speak for the world? the Ukrainians? just like John McCain who famously stated that we are all Ukrainians and we are all Georgians now?

Is Russia responsible for the current mess in the middle east and ISIS? and Saddam?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Russia only has one person to blame for their current predicament. Putin.

Ah yes the usual Putin is Evil but we americans are always innocent and are not bullies.

They're the ones who have threatened the use of nukes time and again.

Just like how America has threaten to bomb other countries?

Hows that demcartic libya doing eh?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:10 AM
link   
a reply to: hellobruce

What provocation from Russia? is NATO and Hillary still upset that their regime change polices are not going so well?

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Its rather ironic you accuse Russians of being Bullies while your own American politicians have stated the following comments before.

Source

"[Putin] wants to reposition Russia, once again, as a geopolitical force," Rubio said. "He's trying to destroy NATO. … Here's what you're going to see in the next few weeks: the Russians will begin to fly combat missions in that region, not just targeting [IS], but in order to prop up Assad. He will also, then, turn to other countries in the region and say, 'America is no longer a reliable ally, Egypt. America is no longer a reliable ally, Saudi Arabia. Begin to rely on us.'"

Funny i havent seen Russia saying the same things about how Americans have sided with reliable ally like the Saudi Arabia thugs and tyrants who are massacring civilians in Yemen using American and British militarily.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:17 AM
link   
So let me get this through.

1.Putin is evil.

Thats funny even before Putin came into office Russia was still evil to the Americans no matter whose in office in Russia.

2.Americans some here like to pretend that they are voice of the world eg "Ukraine"

How many of you Americans even know the history of Ukraine? the Cossacks war with the Ottoman empire? if you dont know that then you cant speak for the Ukrainians.

3.There are some dedicated bunch agaisnt Russia.

Thankfully there is a majority who dont share your sentiments about Russia.

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   

So if NATO holds joint exercises is provocation?

What are these exercises for again? a war with whom? Iran? that resides in the middle east?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join