It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 7

page: 154
<< 151  152  153    155 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantum12
Is he Hibernating? Seems a lot of people get rid of them and they aren't really dead.....

Forum about Painted Turtle

edit on 6/23/2016 by Martin75 because: Added link

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   
It finally slacked off. That was intense for a while. A place 11 miles or so away got a tornado. I'm glad it didn't hit here.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

Thanks for the article, I was about to dig a hole and lay her to rest. I will remover her from the tank and see if she is ok.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
She still might be but I would hate to see you bury her and she just be asleep. Good luck Quant!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Ok you just saved a turtle. I put her in a clear bowl of lukewarm water and she is back lol, thank you so much!!!
edit on 6 23 2016 by Quantum12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Photo of her back alive thanks to you! She says well what do turtles say? Bark

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Woohoo!!!! How awesome!!!! Yeah I read where a couple people bury them and had to dig them up!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

I was about to bury her. She looked dead as dead to me. I read what you sent me and it worked for me. For the guy who buried his turtle alive it died!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 01:48 PM
link   
NIGHT:
When you come in can you possible start a new Shed and let a mod lock Shed 7? I know that we kill the databases and with ATS being hit so hard I figure we can do whatever we can to help. This would really help with their database I think. It might not be enough to matter but every little bit helps.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
That's great to see! :woot smiley: (And she's beautiful!)

Michael, be really careful with her if she's been in a deep sleep. Just let her adjust slowly and don't subject her to any sudden changes in temperature. And don't worry if she doesn't eat anything right away. Turtles can go a long time without eating. Main thing is good, fresh water.

And hi, everyone.
Just had to drop by for a little while and see how you're all getting on.

edit on 23/6/16 by JustMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Mike I'm so glad you stopped by what did help us to open a new shed

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

Hello JustMike, opps Mike.

Thank you, her water is always clean. I have never seen her like this. Your right she is not even eating. She is back asleep.

It's good to see you! I hope you and Dada are well!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   
She'll eat when she's ready. Just leave her in a quiet place away from direct light and she should be fine.

Dada's about the same, but we get our good moments. She's resting now, but it was very warm today and it tired her out some. A bit over 34 C (~94 F) and though it's clear, you can feel electricity in the air. (Well, I can, anyway. Hard to explain.) Could be storms coming later. Had a hectic few days because I had some work to get done. Looking forward to our summer break so we can really relax a little.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Sorry folks, just got on. Mike, I was so relieved to see you!!!!!! You know how we worry about you and Dada when you are away.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star
Good to see you, too.

And please scroll up to Martin's post where she suggests shutting this thread down early and starting a new one. She's an expert on IT, so if she thinks it would help things here, then maybe that's the way to go. If you wish to do that, I can follow up with staff for you.

And @Martin: thank you for your suggestion.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Q, I see you have a turtle and didn't read everything yet. Is it a sun turtle or a red eared slider or what? My turtle has the little red markings on each side of the head, the sun turtles have yellow, both have the yellow stripes in their legs. I know that mine being a tropical turtle needs a heater in the Winter months. He has never gone through any kind of hibernation period.

They need a good sized tank so they can swim and also a floating thing they can get up onto to sunbathe. If the turtle isn't getting natural sunlight, you will need a certain light to mimic sunlight, otherwise the shell will get soft and it will die. Just check out youtube tutorials or go to a forum on turtles. You will first have to identify what kind it is.

Ok, I'll go get caught up now.

Hello everyone.

Yes, I will set up a new Shed in a while. I don't know if JustMike will still be around when I get to it, so I will hit an alert button or whatever to get someone to close this shed and leave a link to the new one. Hang in there my lovelies, it takes me a while to get caught up and need to eat something.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Well..... isn't this just great.

TORNADO WATCH OUTLINE UPDATE FOR WT 289
NWS STORM PREDICTION CENTER NORMAN OK
300 PM EDT THU JUN 23 2016

TORNADO WATCH 289 IS IN EFFECT UNTIL 1000 PM EDT FOR THE
FOLLOWING LOCATIONS

WVC005-007-011-013-015-019-021-035-039-043-045-047-053-059-067-
079-081-087-099-105-107-109-240200-
/O.NEW.KWNS.TO.A.0289.160623T1900Z-160624T0200Z/

WV
. WEST VIRGINIA COUNTIES INCLUDED ARE

BOONE
BRAXTON
CABELL
CALHOUN
CLAY
FAYETTE
GILMER
JACKSON
KANAWHA - ME
LINCOLN
LOGAN
MASON
MCDOWELL
MINGO
NICHOLAS
PUTNAM
RALEIGH
ROANE
WAYNE
WIRT
WOOD
WYOMING
$$

ATTN...WFO...ILN...RLX...JKL...LMK...

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JustMike
Good to see you, too.

And please scroll up to Martin's post where she suggests shutting this thread down early and starting a new one. She's an expert on IT, so if she thinks it would help things here, then maybe that's the way to go. If you wish to do that, I can follow up with staff for you.

And @Martin: thank you for your suggestion.

LOL, ok, I'll do it Mike. I thought it was a good idea too. So hang in there for a moment or two or three and I'll go set it up now.

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

That is scary, do you have a bomb shelter? Stay safe!

posted on Jun, 23 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Just coming up to 10 pm here. (Nearly dark now.) I'll be online for about another hour, then need to try and get some sleep. Early start in the am.

top topics

<< 151  152  153    155 >>

join