It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

At least 71 people injured as lightning strikes Rock am Ring festival in Germany

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 08:54 AM
link   
German press are reporting at least 71 festival goers were Injured , 15 seriously , and that 2 people had to be resuscitated when lightning struck Germany's Rock am Ring festival last night , organizers have rightly said the show will go on.

I'm sure many here have had experience of a storm at a festival but few would expect for something like this to happen , thoughts go out to fellow festival goers involved in this incident.

The festival was interrupted for about half an hour on Friday, as rock and metal fans were told to seek shelter in their tents and steer clear of the stage. At least 15 people, however, have received serious injuries and had to be taken to hospitals, as of early Saturday. The police also told the AP two people had to be resuscitated on site.
www.rt.com...

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

This is a shocking news story. Thanks for posting.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

This is a shocking news story

Guess that was to be expected.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Lightning strikes are not to kid with, over 60 people were killed in India last month over 3 days.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

As a sailor i have witnessed a lot of lightning strike directly to the ships mast, it's loud and scary and you feel the power of the shock, though there are no danger unless you get the hit.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:05 AM
link   

What! All I'm saying is that this was very enlightening.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=20810266]gortex[

Lol love the German sense of festival.

Several dozen people injured by lightning...

"Ok folks let's take a break for half an hour and then get back to partying."

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Some pictures here, that includes a plane on the ground being hit. Some of those injuries are serious.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm sorry people were hurt but what a fantastic line up at that event.

www.rock-am-ring.com...

I wonder if Halestorm preceided the lightning...?

www.youtube.com...

edit on 4-6-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 10:54 AM
link   
do you think that people will blame allah or Muhammad for this? I mean someone had to smiting the infidels while they were sinning or singing.

posted on Jun, 4 2016 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

What's with the end part of that video ?

The police water canon spraying the road and the destroyed town ?

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 12:34 AM
link   

So, they knew there was bad weather, and precautions weren't enough, or were precautions not taken soon enough? The article doesn't really make that clear.

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Day 3 of Rock am Ring (today)has been canceled after local authorities revoked its licence , health and safety fascists win again.
www.rock-am-ring.com...

a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
People were warned of the risks.

The festival website has repeatedly warned fans of the possibility of strong rainfall and thunderstorms.
www.bbc.co.uk...

edit on 5-6-2016 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Discotech

Well, the destroyed town is one of many German and mainland European towns seriously damaged by VAST rainfalls and serious storms over the last few days. As for the water cannon I have absolutely no idea what it was doing there. Could be trying to clear slick mud or oily mud from the road, but if so, you would have thought that the Germans would have a better method for that. I mean, their version of the Automobile Association has trucks that transform into a fully equipped roadside garage, so you have to assume they have better options for highway surface maintenance, than a commandeered police water cannon.

posted on Jun, 6 2016 @ 03:12 PM
link   

wow that's a lot glad I never go to concerts

posted on Jun, 15 2016 @ 03:44 AM
link   

they should do this in florida the lighting capital

posted on Jun, 16 2016 @ 12:18 PM
link   

how many migrants present????