It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lightning strike kills over 60 people across the nation in three days, Bangladesh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Wow, that's what i call extreme weather, 60 lightning deaths over 3 days

SOURCE

Bangladesh authorities issued warnings on dangerous meteorological activity, as an unprecedented upsurge in lightning strikes have resulted in then deaths of over 60 people across the nation in three days.
They said that 34 of those fatal lighting strikes occurred on Thursday in the country's capital, Dhaka, while the rest befell the country's rural areas in the next two days.

The rates of fatality have surprised authorities. "We've not seen such a huge number of deaths due to lightning before.

Experts from the Bangladesh Meteorological Department said that a spike in deaths is conditioned by the deforestation and people's exposure to metal equipment.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mianeye

SOURCE

Bangladesh authorities issued warnings on dangerous meteorological activity, as an unprecedented upsurge in lightning strikes have resulted in then deaths of over 60 people across the nation in three days.
They said that 34 of those fatal lighting strikes occurred on Thursday in the country's capital, Dhaka, while the rest befell the country's rural areas in the next two days.

The rates of fatality have surprised authorities. "We've not seen such a huge number of deaths due to lightning before.

Experts from the Bangladesh Meteorological Department said that a spike in deaths is conditioned by the deforestation and people's exposure to metal equipment.

Yeah, I hear that pesky "climate change" is a real bitch.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Those are God's drones...

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:06 PM
link   
wow that's crazy.

Florida has a lot of lightning as well.

I know a guy that was hit twice by lightning. Died the first time.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Its not an enlightening experience as I have a Hemorrhage in my noggin from one. In Florida its not smart to be out in the rain, then again it does not even have to be storming in your area. Lightning can kill from 29 miles away as the parents of a young girl found out in PA. I would say God is sending a message or punishment to that nation for something.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Yeah, like that's God's judgement, man. No really.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 09:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: tigertatzen

SOURCE

Actually, it's being blamed on too many tall trees being cut down. A lack of nature's own lightning rods.

"Palm and other taller trees usually attract the lightning flashes," Gawher Nayeem Wahr, department's official, told Voice of America. "But these trees [are] becoming scarce in rural areas."

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Patriotsrevenge
Its not an enlightening experience as I have a Hemorrhage in my noggin from one. In Florida its not smart to be out in the rain, then again it does not even have to be storming in your area. Lightning can kill from 29 miles away as the parents of a young girl found out in PA. I would say God is sending a message or punishment to that nation for something.

Probably a lot of coveting of neighbor wives.

Just kidding, God doesn't steer lightning, regardless of what Pat Robertson believes.

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That makes sense. What an insane scenario though!

posted on May, 21 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Wish lightning would strike and hit some of these feral alley cats around my neighborhood, always fighting or fornicating in the middle of the night right beside or in front of my bedroom.

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   
SPAM REMOVED BY ADMIN
edit on May 22nd 2016 by Djarums because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2016 @ 03:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

You spelled your name wrong.

posted on May, 23 2016 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

originally posted by: tigertatzen

SOURCE

Actually, it's being blamed on too many tall trees being cut down. A lack of nature's own lightning rods.

"Palm and other taller trees usually attract the lightning flashes," Gawher Nayeem Wahr, department's official, told Voice of America. "But these trees [are] becoming scarce in rural areas."

Nature forgot about Kansas. A whole lot of lightning strikes in the Great Plains (no trees) and yet 60 deaths is unheard of.

top topics

join