It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Light Phenomenon Over Alaska

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:07 AM
link   
EDIT: This guy got to it first. Check out his thread instead: Previous Thread

Really not sure what to think about this one, but I find it interesting. Allegedly captured near Fairbanks on May 13.

Best to put this one in full screen.

Couple points:

It does seem to eject some secondary lights / objects.

The blinking doesn't seem to be your typical aircraft strobe.

It does seem to do a quick little "juke" at about 3:20, although I'm not 100% sure that it's not camera motion.

Here's the report to MUFON:

I was on patrol (can't say the company i work for) and I noticed a blinking light and I thought it was an airplane. When I came around to the other side of the Morris Thompson building heading east I saw a big bright orb shoot strait down while the blinking light I saw early was stationary and that when I whipped out my phone and started to recorded the possible UFO. I felt excite to witness this event and tried to stand very still and capture what I was seeing. The camera it self dose not do it justice but it was brighter and after a bit it actually started to mess with my eyes like I was starting to get unfocused and shook my head. In the video the interesting part are 1:03 and 2:30 and also I don't know if the camera captured it but at 3:20 I said "WHAO!" The object moved really fast then back to where it was at originally. Then at the end of the video it just disappeared and I felt pretty happy to see and capture such an event whatever is was.

Probably just a bird dropping flares, but I'd like to hear some alternative theories.

Keep it real.

edit on 2-6-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2016 by BiffWellington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: BiffWellington

A "bird dropping flares?" So people in a boat can find them?
That thing seems mighty peculiar to me.

edit on 10 27 2013 by donktheclown because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It IS interesting.

Doesn't set off any alarm bells.

At least the guy stayed with it.

Good find!

edit on 2-6-2016 by Spader because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Oh wow!

One light multiplies into several.. definitely unidentified object in my book!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: BiffWellington
Really not sure what to think about this one, but I find it interesting. Allegedly captured near Fairbanks on May 13.

Couple points:

It does seem to eject some secondary lights / objects.

The blinking doesn't seem to be your typical aircraft strobe.

It does seem to do a quick little "juke" at about 3:20, although I'm not 100% sure that it's not camera motion.

Here's the report to MUFON:

I was on patrol (can't say the company i work for) and I noticed a blinking light and I thought it was an airplane. When I came around to the other side of the Morris Thompson building heading east I saw a big bright orb shoot strait down while the blinking light I saw early was stationary and that when I whipped out my phone and started to recorded the possible UFO. I felt excite to witness this event and tried to stand very still and capture what I was seeing. The camera it self dose not do it justice but it was brighter and after a bit it actually started to mess with my eyes like I was starting to get unfocused and shook my head. In the video the interesting part are 1:03 and 2:30 and also I don't know if the camera captured it but at 3:20 I said "WHAO!" The object moved really fast then back to where it was at originally. Then at the end of the video it just disappeared and I felt pretty happy to see and capture such an event whatever is was.

Probably just a bird dropping flares, but I'd like to hear some alternative theories.

Keep it real.

IMO, and without any objection nor evidence to show, that is entirely fake.

Anyone could do it. and there is no supporting evidence to show for it, just this video.

I'd like it to be real. but my first instinct, based on facts, is it is cgi.

Sorry. Maybe another can say more.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   

This video was posted to ATS previously

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: 191stMIDET

This video was posted to ATS previously

Whoops. You're right.

Sorry folks. My bad.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:33 AM
link   
'Trippy!' Would be a hippies interpretation. The sequence of flashes seem to perhaps indicate a pattern, the intensity of flashes also seem to be another factor to the code, as well the split, the angles and the paths followed after.

Or maybe it's just a drone?
Or maybe it's something tied to a weather balloon?
Hoaxers be out there.

Local math people, help? Would we have needed a light meter of some kind to test the code theory? How would this have looked through IR? I'm soooo curious, I would like it to be some form of communication...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Pretty good...I don't know what it is so it is a UFO in that regard...good video footage..

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I was on patrol (can't say the company i work for) and I noticed a blinking light and I thought it was an airplane.

Has there been another thread from this bored security guard that can't say who he works for?

The narrative sounds familiar…

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Drone, plane or helicopter.

Next!

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   
where's the original thread?

i find this one really interesting. can't really say if it is fake or not but it seems real to me and i have no explanation.

at 4:14 there is a black thing moving upwards shortly before the light disappears. didn't know that ufos are afraid of birds.

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: stoneborn
where's the original thread?

i find this one really interesting. can't really say if it is fake or not but it seems real to me and i have no explanation.

at 4:14 there is a black thing moving upwards shortly before the light disappears. didn't know that ufos are afraid of birds.

I think this is the original thread.

Good new UFO video from /r/UFOs

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Did you even bother watching the whole thing??

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Not unusual for Alaska; its been pretty well accepted in the UFO community that there's a secret underground base in Alaska at least dating back to 1947.

mysteriousuniverse.org...

posted on Jun, 2 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I got chills. Assuming it's not a hoax, it's a damned fine vid.

I wonder what binoculars might have revealed.

posted on Jun, 3 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Parafitt
IMO, and without any objection nor evidence to show, that is entirely fake.

Anyone could do it. and there is no supporting evidence to show for it, just this video.

I'd like it to be real. but my first instinct, based on facts, is it is cgi.

Sorry. Maybe another can say more.
I didn't think it was fake until seeing the trajectory of the ejected lights, which look like fake trajectories. Also the original thread has some posters talking about some artifacts that make it look like a composited (meaning at least partially fake) video. From the earlier thread (and why is there a new thread? We should be posting in the original thread):

www.abovetopsecret.com...

originally posted by: StargateSG7
After the 1 minute mark the video noise displayed
by the REAL camera footage starts and stops
(i.e. freeze frames) while the light CONTINUES
to blink which indicates a blinking light overlaid
likely using an Alpha-Transparency Channel matte.
The video noise SHOULD NOT ever freeze-frame
and the light continues to blink...that's NOT how
video works!

The sporadic freezed-framing of the video noise
YET the blinking of white light continues to blink
says FAKE COMPOSITED VIDEO to me!

In any case if there aren't multiple witnesses to a sighting I don't get excited about it, too many hoaxers these days trying to get hits on their youtube videos.

posted on Aug, 4 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
The FOIA request for radar information made for this case by MUFON revealed that nothing was in the area at the time. That's civilian and military aircraft.

top topics

join