It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the Sun leave the sky?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2016 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Point of perspective is relevant. Yes, from the point I am at, the sun seems to circle around the earth. The sun rises, the sun sets. That is all point of perspective. Midday and midnight are all points of perspective. Our realization of time and way of measuring it is all a point of perspective.

You can centralize any point you want and create a perspective based on that point. I have been told that the earth circles around the sun and it spins around about once every twenty four hours and I believe that is probable but my daily life revolves around the way we interpret things from a point of perspective.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 01:48 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

what if there is no dusk ?

i have been to norway and stayed up 24 hours - just watching the sun

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ChuckNasty

You realize that the sun doesn't go down, it is just an illusion caused by the world spinning around..

Do you realize that we are floating in space....?

It is covered in the OP that I understand the mechanics of celestial motion.
The sky is the area of space that is not the firmament that we perceive through vision. It is what we see above us.
The Sun does leave that area of our perception.
Another poster mentioned clouds.
A cloud can cover the Sun in the sky, but we do not experience night, because the the Sun is still in the area that we call the sky.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 03:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

originally posted by: TerryDon79

originally posted by: butcherguy

a reply to: TerryDon79

Do we have a visual sighting of the Sun going across the sky on a clear day?
No. What we have is the illusion of the sun passing through our sky.

We do have up and down as humans. Down is towards gravity. To those of us that are not astronauts that have been to the moon, the center of the Earth is down.
The area that is visible to us that is not the Earth is the sky.
Again, it's relative.

Imagine person a is on the absolute opposite of the planet to person b. "Up" for person a would be in the "down" direction for person b. And vice versa.

Does the Sun leave our visual field at dusk?
Trust me, I understand how we have day and night. I comprehend why the Sun leaves our field of vision at dusk.

Just admit that the Sun leaves out field of vision at dusk.

Again, it's relative.

If the "our" is a group people scattered throughout the planet, then your post is false as it wouldn't be dusk for everyone.

If the "our" is a group of people in he same area then your statement is true as it would be dusk for everyone.

^^^^ This. To the OP ...I am assuming as to your location, but I'm more than likely on the "other side" of the planet. Rest assured during your night period the sun is still very much in the sky. Also in my night period, you all are blocking my sunlight.

Can you see the Southern Cross in your sky?
I can't.
Do we all have the same sky?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:03 AM
link   

That rather depends on ones perspective.

My understanding is, that regardless of my perspective at the time, the sun is always in the sky for someone on the planet, ever present. Whether I can see it or not has no bearing on whether it has "left the sky". It does not leave the sky simply because it is obscured from view by clouds, or by buildings, or tree canopies. Therefore, just because it happens to be over a patch of sky that I cannot look at, does not mean that it has left the sky either.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 05:41 AM
link   
This topic has reminded me of the QI episode where Stephen Fry asks the question about the setting Sun.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   

The sun will eventually be in the sky when it metamorphosizes into a red giant.

Those days will not be pleasant on earth.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Some may get confused by this.

I recall many, many, many posters over the years in chemtrail threads claiming that chemtrails were blocking the sun. None seemed to get that the sun would not be blocked to people just a few hundred kms away...

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
You had to start a thread about it? It's that important for you to be right?
Hmmm.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

You also asked me to point out the sun at night. LOL.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

YES. The sun is stationary. We move. We rotate and revolve at the same time. The sun never moves.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

YES. The sun is stationary. We move. We rotate and revolve at the same time. The sun never moves.

The sun revolves around the galactic center of the milky way. It actually does move.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:16 AM
link   

60MPH just keep up with the clock and drive west. Of course you'll run out of road before long.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Just because you can't see it doesn't make it gone. That's how babies think when you play peek-a-boo. They think you come and go when you cover their eyes.
They usually grow out of the game when they realise you haven't gone anywhere.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Yes yes yes it is out of our sight but it's not out of the sky.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Now you have me wondering. How far across is a time zone? You have to go fast enough that you arrive at the next time zone in exactly sixty minutes so the time never changes. Leave N.Y. at noon. Arrive Chicago at noon leave Chicago at noon arrive in Idaho at noon. Leave Idaho at noon arrive San Francisco at noon. I know these are probably not accurate as timezones go. I didn't feel like opening another tab for a map.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jappee

a reply to: TerryDon79

Do we have a visual sighting of the Sun going across the sky on a clear day?
No. What we have is the illusion of the sun passing through our sky.

We do have up and down as humans. Down is towards gravity. To those of us that are not astronauts that have been to the moon, the center of the Earth is down.
The area that is visible to us that is not the Earth is the sky.
Again, it's relative.

Imagine person a is on the absolute opposite of the planet to person b. "Up" for person a would be in the "down" direction for person b. And vice versa.

Does the Sun leave our visual field at dusk?
Trust me, I understand how we have day and night. I comprehend why the Sun leaves our field of vision at dusk.

Just admit that the Sun leaves out field of vision at dusk.

Again, it's relative.

If the "our" is a group people scattered throughout the planet, then your post is false as it wouldn't be dusk for everyone.

If the "our" is a group of people in he same area then your statement is true as it would be dusk for everyone.

^^^^ This. To the OP ...I am assuming as to your location, but I'm more than likely on the "other side" of the planet. Rest assured during your night period the sun is still very much in the sky. Also in my night period, you all are blocking my sunlight.

We're just trying to save your skin man. Too much sun gives you cancer. We got your back.

And front and that skin on the bridge of your nose too. LOL

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:40 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Excellent point.

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

And the galaxy probably revolves around some universal center. Nothing is stationary. But we never leave the solar system and the solar system never leaves the galaxy and the galaxy never leaves the universe and the universe hmmmm. Never leaves the sight of God?

posted on Jun, 1 2016 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The sun can't leave our sky because it's never been in our sky to begin with. It's in space, not in one of our atmospheric layers. Also the sun light we see and feel, is most likely older than human life on earth because of the distance it has to travel. So, to ask me if the sun leaves the sky, it was never there in the first place.
edit on 1-6-2016 by KnightFire because: dang typos

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join